• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails through Daybreak - Release Date Announcement Trailer | Coming July 5, 2024 to Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC

Between law and chaos lies the dawn of adventure in The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak! Follow the spriggan Van Arkride as he takes on a case that will change the fate of the Calvard Republic…as well as his own. Will forces from the shadowy organization known as Almata bring chaos to the nation, or do Van and his allies have what it takes to stop them?

Coming July 5, 2024 to Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC!

GH6X8fUXEAAn51A

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Let's say a guy is playing Cold Steel II, how many games ahead is this? Is it just II, III, IV, and Reverie, then this?

Nice. I dig the main character design. Looking foward to jumping back into this franchise with a fresh cast of characters.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Cool cool, now I just have to play through *checks notes* 213 more hours before I'm caught up.

Not looking good for me to have this done by July.

jshackles

Did you play The Trails In The Sky Trilogy and Crossbell Duology? Those take place before the Cold Steel games and are important to the overall story
I played Trails in the Sky then half of the second game in that trilogy. Skipped Crossbell and went into Cold Steel (might go back eventually). Also played Nayuta.

I played Trails in the Sky then half of the second game in that trilogy. Skipped Crossbell and went into Cold Steel (might go back eventually). Also played Nayuta.

Yeah both Trails In The Sky Trilogy and Crossbell Duology are important. You're going to be very lost when it comes to Cold Steel III

I just reccomand to play the Trails In The Sky games and Crossbell games you skipped before

I do have to play Nayuta

Last edited:

jshackles

Yeah both Trails In The Sky Trilogy and Crossbell Duology are important. You're going to be very lost when it comes to Cold Steel III

I just reccomand to play the Trails In The Sky games and Crossbell games you skipped before

I do have to play Nayuta
Alright, I'll add another 160 hours onto my previous estimate :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Paltheos

Seconding NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt 's rec. You should play those other games too because they're good. Sky 3rd and Azure sit in top 3 for the series for me (Zero... I don't like as much as the community does lol. I actually think much of it is kind of rubbish).

Cool cool, now I just have to play through *checks notes* 213 more hours before I'm caught up.

Not looking good for me to have this done by July.

Bold of you to assume these games don't get longer with each entry. CS4 is a gargantuan monster.

jshackles

Trails In The Sky First Chapter - Played
Trails In The Sky Second Chapter - Playing now 20 hours in, enjoying it
Trials In The Sky Third Chapter - Plan to play next

Trails From Zero
Trails Into Azure

Trails of Cold Steel - Played
Trails of Cold Steel II - 10 hours in, stopped to finish Sky trilogy
Trails of Cold Steel III
Trails of Cold Steel IV

Trails Into Reverie

Spinoff

Legend of Nayuta Boundless Trails - Played, love it
These games are indeed massive, and such a slow burn. Sky trilogy on PC is excellent though, especially with the Vita voice mod.

Feels like I have a really long way to go still to be caught up. I'm sure I'll get the eventually, just probably not by July.

These games are indeed massive, and such a slow burn. Sky trilogy on PC is excellent though, especially with the Vita voice mod.

Feels like I have a really long way to go still to be caught up. I'm sure I'll get the eventually, just probably not by July.

Yeah take your time with the games. I'm guessing you will get to Daybreak by the end of 2024

jshackles

Good man. Akemi Kanda is so good as Estelle. The cliffhanger ending of Sky 1 is so much more impactful voiced.
It also helps that my Japanese is good enough now that I can usually tell when the English dialog has been changed. Could probably play these completely in Japanese at this point, but worried I'll miss some context somewhere and get lost lol

It also helps that my Japanese is good enough now that I can usually tell when the English dialog has been changed. Could probably play these completely in Japanese at this point, but worried I'll miss some context somewhere and get lost lol
This is the second time today I've read a sumbish here can read Japanese, and I'm soo jealous. We need a jealous faced icon here, methinks.

jshackles

This is the second time today I've read a sumbish here can read Japanese, and I'm soo jealous. We need a jealous faced icon here, methinks.
I literally started learning a few years ago simply because games like Dragon Quest X Offline weren't getting English releases, English translations of Japanese games have been a joke for a while now (with added political agendas etc.), and also to play Falcom games faster. I was never a huge comics guy, but I've read a few manga now and really enjoyed them. Their TV shows also seem far more interesting than what's being pumped out of Hollywood these days, and it turns out I really enjoy their music.

Guess I've transitioned to full on weeb in my old age.

Paltheos

Think the Sky trilogy will ever come to PS4/5? anyone play them on steam deck?

Not likely. XSeed owns the rights to the scripts, and they're not working with Falcom anymore.

Haven't played on Steam Deck but 'generally stable with some op/ed movie issues' is my read from a minute googling.

Top Bottom