• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transfering PS3 demos using Pro Duo sticks?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Is this possible? My boy just got a new PS3 and HDTV and wants F1 and Motorstorm but he doesn't have broadband.

Can I transfer these demos from my PS3, to a Pro Duo stick (that I use for my PSP), and put it in his PS3 to transfer to his HDD?

Has anybody tried this yet?

Unfortunately, you cant copy demos...

1. Demos are downloaded as an exe file.
2. Once its done, it installs it in HDD.
3. Once it installs in HDD, it deletes the exe file...

It's like installing a Game on PC. The files in disc are compressed and in different format than Files on your HDD.

Lee N

Membre
Why not connect his PS3 to your broadband? If you can bring a Memory Stick to him, surely he can bring his PS3 to you.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
A_Lee_N said:
Why not connect his PS3 to your broadband? If you can bring a Memory Stick to him, surely he can bring his PS3 to you.

Yeah I guess that's what we will have to do. After spending that kind of money some people are not fond of just driving it around. A pro duo would have been easier, but it doesn't matter.

The Jer

Ya, I was noticing this this the other day. I want to keep the Motorstorm demo. But, I don't want to keep it in the games list all the time. I'm not gonna want to have to scroll through a ton of demos just to rach the game I want. But mostly, I'm afraid of accidently highlighting it in the XMB (you all know what I mean).

Top Bottom