• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transferring DS game data (AC) to another DS?

MrDaravon

I think you can, but I need to make sure: I'm planning on picking up a pink DS for my fiance later this week, but she's dropped like 500 hours into Animal Crossing, can she transfer her data to the new DS? I think there's an option in WFC for it, but I'm not at home at the moment so can't check the manual or DS, and couldn't find anything with a quick search here, and I need to know if there's going to be a problem ASAP so I can cancel the order before it goes through here.

ant1532

Banned
SailorDaravon said:
I think you can, but I need to make sure: I'm planning on picking up a pink DS for my fiance later this week, but she's dropped like 500 hours into Animal Crossing, can she transfer her data to the new DS? I think there's an option in WFC for it, but I'm not at home at the moment so can't check the manual or DS, and couldn't find anything with a quick search here, and I need to know if there's going to be a problem ASAP so I can cancel the order before it goes through here.
:lol Is this a serious question?

Dude....

All of your fiance's data is on the Animal Crossing game, not on the DS. Just put the game in the new system and everything will be fine. If you need to transfer Nintendo WiFi settings, if she played Online, it deletes the online data from one DS and moves it to the other one.

Emotions

When i switched from the fat DS to the DSL and first played AC on the DS lite the town was completely full of weeds, dunno if anyone had the same problem it took me like half hour pulling weeds, so annoying...

Tabris

Emotions said:
When i switched from the fat DS to the DSL and first played AC on the DS lite the town was completely full of weeds, dunno if anyone had the same problem it took me like half hour pulling weeds, so annoying...

Date was wrong on either original DS or your new DS Lite.

MrDaravon

I'm not talking about the game save itself :lol , although I could've worded that better I suppose.

I thought AC specifically locked itself to that DS? Or is that just included in the WFC settings that I can transfer? That's what I was asking.

MrDaravon

Okay, that's all I need to know. I thought AC had something that locked it to the DS outside of the WiFi stuff, wasn't sure. Thanks for the non-sarcastic replies! :lol

Top Bottom