• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trauma Centre: Under the Knife 1 + 2 (DS, ATLUS) Reprint

mdubs

Banned
VideoGamesPlus is working with publishers to do a bunch of final reprints of rare DS games. Today they announced that Trauma Center: Under the Knife 1, and 2 will both be back in stock. These are brand new, sealed copies. They are going for $32 USD, and there is free shipping if you spend $40 CAD or more.

Trauma Center: Under the Knife https://www.videogamesplus.ca/trauma-center-under-the-knife-p-9127.html

Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=14045

They are also doing Infinite Space, which you can find here: https://www.videogamesplus.ca/infinite-space-p-15681.html

And the rest of the games they are getting reprinted are here:

Het_Nkik

If I have Trauma Center: Second Opinion on Wii, is there any point in getting Under the Knife? Is there anything in the DS version missing from the Wii version?

(I already have UtK2.)

Menitta

Anyone else willing to hold me too?

I love Trauma Center. It's a shame one wasn't made for Wii U. There could've been some cool stuff with the gamepad.

HardRojo

This reminds me I need to finish Trauma Center UTK 2. One day I'll get to collecting all those DS games I always wanted to have, the console's library is unbelievable.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Dang, I only need part 2, but want free shipping.
Wish there was another game I needed but I have them all so far.

Ah heck, I'll just got 1 and 2 and gift the original.

Are there any other obvious 'rare' DS games that would be good candidates for a reprint? My remaining to-buy list with prices above MSRP are a bunch of random JP games.

I think Super Princess Peach is/was rare but I think it got a reprint a few years ago; and Nintendo games probably won't be included.
Retro Game Challenge
Dragon Quests (I think some of them were reprinted)
Dark Spire
Luminous Arc
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga
Radiant Historia
Resident Evil
Solatorobo
My World My Way.
Atelier Annie
Sands of Destruction

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How bad is shipping from Canada to America? I'd consider getting Front Mission 1st DS's reprint for the box but I dunno if I really want to spend $35-40 + International Shipping if it doesn't ship in America.

jzbluz

Are there any other obvious 'rare' DS games that would be good candidates for a reprint? My remaining to-buy list with prices above MSRP are a bunch of random JP games.

I think Super Princess Peach is/was rare but I think it got a reprint a few years ago; and Nintendo games probably won't be included.
Retro Game Challenge
Dark Spire
Luminous Arc
Radiant Historia
Resident Evil
Solatorobo
My World My Way.
Atelier Annie
Sands of Destruction

Radiant Historia was reprinted not that long ago. In fact, VGP has it for like $30.
How bad is shipping from Canada to America? I'd consider getting Front Mission 1st DS's reprint for the box but I dunno if I really want to spend $35-40 + International Shipping if it doesn't ship in America.

There's free worldwide shipping for April.

georly

Yes I want them all, but geez. Pretty sure these are higher than original launch MSRP, no? I guess around that, and we're paying because they're being reprinted. Sigh. I guess I'll cave. Got TC1+2, IS, and RS.

Retro Game Challenge
Dark Spire
Luminous Arc
Radiant Historia
Resident Evil
Solatorobo
My World My Way.
Atelier Annie
Sands of Destruction

Please. Please please please.

Ephidel

Retro Game Challenge
Dark Spire
Luminous Arc
Radiant Historia
Resident Evil
Solatorobo
My World My Way.
Atelier Annie
Sands of Destruction

I'd love a reprint of Super Robot Taisen. I've been kicking myself for never picking it up for years.
Sands of Destruction too. I was interested but I remember putting it off after reading some reviews that panned it. I always intended to pick up a copy and give it a try anyway but I never got around to it.
The idea of Dark Spire getting a "demanded" reprint now is kind of funny, as I remember people talking about gamestops selling them off for $10 years ago. I imported mine on release and loved it through :)

A few others I can think of:

Legacy of Ys (XSEED)
Lux Pain (Ignition)
Monster Rancher DS (UFO Interactive? Tecmo? Koei Tecmo? Some combination of those? I've seen covers with various combinations of logos on it and I have no idea which is the real/final one)
Nostalgia (Ignition)
Suikoden Tierkreis (Konami)
Summon Night Twin Age (Atlus)
Time Hollow (Konami)

Hotel Dusk and Trace Memory too, but those are both Nintendo titles which probably invalidates them.

Monster Rancher, Nostalgia, and Suikoden are the ones I'd want most from that list -- especially Monster Rancher. I have no idea if it's any good but I loved the GBA games and never even realised any of the DS games had been released in English until just now.
And Summon Night Twin Age, but that's for an entirely selfish reason - my copy turned out to be fake and I'd like a nice, easy way to get a copy I know is legitimate for a reasonable price to replace it with.

Balb

Aren't the prices kind of high for the TC games? I wasn't under the impression that they're hard to find.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm actually just going to wait a bit before placing my next order to see what they add next. I grabbed Infinite Space, Front Mission, and Valkyrie Profile last time... I'll no doubt be placing another order or two for Rocket Slime and Suikoden Teriyaki or whatever the hell it's called. I suspect we'll see the Dragon Quest games offered before long.

If it's not completely obvious, THIS is the time to be finishing off that DS collection.

prateeko

Are there any ways to differentiate these reprints from the originals?

Also, who makes the reprints and how is it a smaller outfit like this gets reprints but not someone like Amazon, GameStop, etc?

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Hmmm. Probably will pick up Trauma Center 2.

I don't usually do games that are both rare and sought after. I usually do rare and forgotten.

cm_nds_front_small.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There's free worldwide shipping for April.

Huh, well if I could sell the cart I got from Gamestop for about half the price it wouldn't be that bad. I want the box and manual, personally. But I already have a copy I got from Gamestop a year or two back when they started to throw out the boxes/manuals to save space (ugh). So it's not like I really need the game. Just anal about collections.

Indelible

I already own all the games in the OP but it is awesome that people are getting to experience these games again, DS still has my favorite hand hand library ever.

Top Bottom