• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trauma Centre: Under the Knife 1 + 2 (DS, ATLUS) Reprint

Dingens

I always wanted to get into the trauma center series, but have no idea which games to get...
which ones are the essentials? and which ones I can skip? I think Trauma Team is considered to be the best, right? what about under the knife 1 and 2? New blood? or 2nd opinion?

Please. Please please please.

yeah... a reprint of My World My Way would be great. that game is like 200 bucks on ebay

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Man, I just realized that the original Trauma Center is more than decade old now. And that makes me feel very, very old.

So there's really no reason to bother with the original if I have Second Opinion? I sold the original once I got that, but who knows -- maybe there's a reason to rebuy it?

I played through the first Trauma Center game on the DS about two years ago. It got pretty hard later in the game up to the point where I almost gave up on the final boss. Still highly recommended!

prateeko

That would be a waste of the remaining DS carts. You can get a copy at GameStop for like $5 or less.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense for games with huge mass printings.

Also, can anyone comment on if these reprints have any discernible differences from the original runs? Are they made int he same factories or what?

Are they announcing the reprints at different times? Just curious why this wasn't up when the others were first announced and whether we can expect more reprints.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Rocket Slime! So...does this mean we can get the 3DS game?
Please. ;_;

Are these going to be region free? I can't remember if the ds had a region lock, it's been ages since I played it.

To follow the other responses you received, I believe DSi had a region lock, so you have to play on a DS Phat or DS Lite if you're buying games outside of your region.

prateeko

Rocket Slime! So...does this mean we can get the 3DS game?
Please. ;_;

To follow the other responses you received, I believe DSi had a region lock, so you have to play on a DS Phat or DS Lite if you're buying games outside of your region.

I think the DSi region lock was limited to the online store and I think the carts are region free, but I may be wrong.

Are they announcing the reprints at different times? Just curious why this wasn't up when the others were first announced and whether we can expect more reprints.

Yeah, it is kind of annoying. Maybe they just like the idea of having to ship out multiple packages (even though shipping is free to US/CAN)??

No, the DSi region lock ONLY affected DSi exclusive games. Which is a list of like 4 non-digital titles.
Everything else, even DSi-enhanced stuff, is completely region free.

D-Man

I always wanted to get into the trauma center series, but have no idea which games to get...
which ones are the essentials? and which ones I can skip? I think Trauma Team is considered to be the best, right? what about under the knife 1 and 2? New blood? or 2nd opinion?

Second Opinion is a remake of Under the Knife with some added content, so playing that one instead of UtK is fine. Under the Knife 2, New Blood, and Trauma Team are all good as well. The series in general is rock solid so there's no real reason to skip any of 'em with the exception of UtK.

Dingens

Second Opinion is a remake of Under the Knife with some added content, so playing that one instead of UtK is fine. Under the Knife 2, New Blood, and Trauma Team are all good as well. The series in general is rock solid so there's no real reason to skip any of 'em with the exception of UtK.

thanks. well in that case, I'm going to skip utk and get the others

baconcow

I truly hope they remake Dragon Quest IX for the DS. I have managed to get IV (picked this up from their latest reprint), V, VI, and have VII and VIII pre-ordered.

Anyone who hasn't yet, definitely get these games--especially 2, which is a vast improvement over 1. If you want to play the first one, Second Opinion on Wii is the best route for that.

c-murph

You also forgot all the reprinted ATLUS PSP titles they have coming too~!

Everyone email VGP and see if they have more ATLUS reprints coming... Like PS2 title Rule of Rose~!

Anyone who hasn't yet, definitely get these games--especially 2, which is a vast improvement over 1. If you want to play the first one, Second Opinion on Wii is the best route for that.

I still need to play Second Opinion. I picked up the 2 Trauma Centre games on Wii for for like 99p.

Seeing as these will be the last DS reprints and all.

yeah... a reprint of My World My Way would be great. that game is like 200 bucks on ebay
I've played a few hours' worth of this game and it is a piece of garbage. You get like four lines of dialogue (text, mind--not voiced or anything--at least not usually...and barely any unique artwork) for every half-hour of play, which isn't really that much fun to begin with. Absolutely not worth anywhere near the asking prices.

Lux Pain seriously isn't that big of a loss. Nice art, even pretty good-to-decent voice acting (and lots of it) but holy heck does it have a crappy translation. Maybe the worst one in the DS's library. Its actually difficult to play the game because the sub-Google translated text makes mass swaths of the game indecipherable. Its like combing through the sleep-talking transcript of a person to whom english is a third language.

i-Jest

I should have picked up Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn from them when I had the chance. At the time I was not feeling that $99.99 price tag.

Lux Pain seriously isn't that big of a loss. Nice art, even pretty good-to-decent voice acting (and lots of it) but holy heck does it have a crappy translation. Maybe the worst one in the DS's library. Its actually difficult to play the game because the sub-Google translated text makes mass swaths of the game indecipherable. Its like combing through the sleep-talking transcript of a person to whom english is a third language.

Blame that on Ignition. Seriously they were the worst publisher when it came to translation and also voice acting just seriously bad - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zygDzAkothQ

cj_iwakura

Skip 2 IMO. The story is really, really bottom tier trope-laden trash. It's challenging, but so are the superior original game and the Wii ones(which are all excellent).

b3b0p

Is Diddy Kong Racing DS any good? From what I am reading, I should just try and stick with the original if I want to play it. I was more interested in it because it's portable and decent game. Am I better off getting Sonic All Stars racing for portable racing after demolishing Mario Kart?

Top Bottom