• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treyarch pull Nuketown 2025 pre-order bonus map in Black Ops 2(Up: Back, in playlist)

orznge

Banned
"you are stupid for being mad that you bought a product and one of it's features was removed a week later for literally no reason"

Cat Party

It doesn't matter if people paid more for it or not. It's just shitty. Preorder maps are shitty in general though (day zero split of the player base).

Sethos

Banned
You guys didn't pay extra for this map. Stop complaining.

ibxljQvOIVNfyL.jpg

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Pretty lame all round.

But then I thought it was shitty that one of, or possible most, popular map in BO you "had to" pre-order for, which evidentially you didn't really need to when whatever retailer had it in all first release copies.

This next to all the other nonsense in BO2 is really disappointing.

Jones

Neo Member
This sucks I'm pretty terrible at COD, but I could at least hold my own on Nuketown after playing it all weekend. Hopefully it comes every double xp weekend.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Utterly stupid decision on Treyarch's part, but Black Ops 2 is a great game and I have faith that this mistake will be corrected by Thanksgiving. David V. is a good guy.

It doesn't matter if people paid more for it or not. It's just shitty. Preorder maps are shitty in general though (day zero split of the player base).

It was a separate playlist and it was a win/win for people who liked and hated Nuketown. People who liked Nuketown could play it 24/7. People who didn't like Nuketown didn't have to worry about it screwing with the regular rotation.

Remember when Reach launched and Slayer was virtually unplayable because everyone always voted for Zombies until they made it a separate playlist? That's what Blops 1 was like, but they never made Nuketown a separate playlist until this one.

orznge

Banned
What was wrong with spermatic cord's pic? Sorry, for being ignorant :/

Wat

Pre-order bonus existed for quite sometime. This is hadrly a new thing. Calling for somone's head over a simple somment is silly.

Well, for one, it solicits zero intelligible conversation into the thread, because it's either 100% genuine stupidity or an attempt to ruin the thread.

Hold the fuck on......cant we sue for false advertising? This is bullshit.

And i knew there was a reason they decided to make this shit a preorder.......to make the numbers higher. Fuck you up the ass real hard activition and treyarch.

To get people to pre-order they specifically said that you would get the Nuketown 2025 map.
This was literally on every commercial & i'm sure a lot of people went ahead and pre-ordered because of that.

There are people who bought the first run instead of waiting for a BF sale because of the bonus map.

The commercials advertised the Nuketown map, not the Nuketown playlist. Everyone who purchased the game because of that map received it. It's not like Treyarch removed Nuketown from the game and made it impossible to play.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
I played almost exclusively on NT 2025 24-7 and I am ok with this. Mostly because, you know, I didn't pay an extra penny for the map. And it wasn't a preorder bonus, it was included in first run copies of the game. Lastly, idk of any way they would have worked around it. If they take the 24-7 playlist down and incorporate the map into all playlists, then no one will ever get to play it anyway because:

a) they'll have to tone down the % of times it appears just like they did with Blops 1 and
b) in the rare occasion it is set to pop up for vote, it will be discarded because someone in the lobby will not have it

They could have made the playlist unranked but that would have pissed off a lot of people who only played it. And you can't tone down the XP without drastically affecting the game. So in this playlist only, you'd have an entirely separate set of XP and streak reward triggers? Doesn't sound logical.

And I would agree with people who have been saying it will be in a future map pack but while they are saying it purely in a negative sense (oh those greedy Acti bastards!) it just makes good old common sense to me. Millions will buy the map pack, NT 2025 is included, and you then don't run into problem b) listed above because way more people have it.

I do hope they come to their senses and keep the 24/7 list up though.

Kinda weird that they're not putting it in the normal map rotation, surely they'll do that soon.

But removing the playlist that only has this map in it makes sense, they probably want a higher population in the other playlists (assuming this was the most played playlist, I haven't played the game).

geeko

The commercials advertised the Nuketown map, not the Nuketown playlist. Everyone who purchased the game because of that map received it. It's not like Treyarch removed Nuketown from the game and made it impossible to play.

You really shouldn't try justifying what activision and treyarch has done here as ok. Sure, they didn't specifically advertise a nuketown playlist, but they also didn't advertise saying it would be taken away from most playlists within less than a week.

As others have said many times already, it is just plainly a shitty thing to do.

MJLord

Had I bought this game I would file a chargeback immediately.

The thing is they still gave the map to people ot play. It's just a sleazy move that frankly people shouldn't put up with and should be spamming the Treyarch twitter to get an answer off them.

Kinda weird that they're not putting it in the normal map rotation, surely they'll do that soon.

But removing the playlist that only has this map in it makes sense, they probably want a higher population in the other playlists (assuming this was the most played playlist, I haven't played the game).

The highest played playlist is TDM. There's always over 100k in there. Nuketown only had 76k on average.

PS3.

orznge

Banned
The thing is they still gave the map to people ot play. It's just a sleazy move that frankly people shouldn't put up with and should be spamming the Treyarch twitter to get an answer off them.

The thing is, I would still file a chargeback.

fernoca

The highest played playlist is TDM. There's always over 100k in there. Nuketown only had 76k on average.

PS3.

Yeah. And during the Double XP weekend, the rare times I could get into a NukeTown 2025 matchmaking it always put me on nearly finished/custom games.

NukeTown/2025/House are my favorites maps across the Black Ops games and still no biggie. The map can still be used in custom games and in my case, to play against bots and take pictures. :p

Top Bottom