• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

MMaRsu

Banned
Just a heads up, we only have four more spots on the first NeoGaf Trials friend list. I'll work on getting some shots of the leaderboards in a week to give everyone a chance to get the rust off their skills.

We will likely make cuts off the bottom of the list in two weeks. This should be plenty of time to get a time on all the tracks. What are your thoughts on how many to cut? Don't want to assume my ideas are best here.
Whats the tag again?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Bought! Seems awesome so far, but I didn't expect anything less from Red-Lynx.

Btw, the game completely crash-locked my 360 when trying to download some tracks. It hanged with the sandy-background and I had to power off my 360.

I wish my xbox had wifi... I guess that it's the same as Trials HD where you need to be online for the times to be valid (ie offline timeattacks don't get uploaded once you go online)? I guess I won't bother adding GAF then, since I hardly go online with Live 'cause of my ethernet-only 360.

aku:jiki

If anyone cares, the achievement hunters have started to find squirrels and here are the ones we found so far:

xbox360achievements said:
D License: There's a freebie one you get for crossing the finish line. A bunch of silly stuff falls on your head if you wait a bit. Not sure if it's actually possible to beat this level without getting the squirrel.

Titan's Graveyard: It's a little hard to explain, but after you pass through the indoors part where there are two large animal cages hanging from the ceiling (the natural route for the level takes you through one of them), you'll go back outside and go down a rickety wooden bridge to a pretty long fall. After landing from the fall, just back up carefully and you'll land on the ground. Keep backing up and there's a few squirrels hanging out by a torch.

Harbor Havok: You travel up a beam right as the level starts, then you land on some containers. Go forward until you see the very obviously open container with a ramp leading down into it and there's the squirrels.

Power Plant: Back up when the elevator reaches the top. A platform will drop down and as you keep backing up, you'll eventually fall off the roof and into a squirrel stash.

Cliff Jumper: Pass the first two jumps and hit the first checkpoint. Back up and backflip to land safely on the rock. Carefully back up and keep backing up until the screen gets foggy, a rock or something smashes you and you get a squirrel.

Strike: Right after the third checkpoint there's a rickety little downhill bridge. Fall down the gap there and there's an open door with what's basically the hardest part of this easy level, followed by a room with squirrels in it.

Rock Steady: hit the barrels at the end of the track hard enough and it will blow up the cave (on both sides of the mountain) at the end the squirrel will show up (Note: you don't have to slam into them at lightspeed and cause an explosion immediately or anything. Just slam into them as fast as you can and wait and see if they slowly catch fire. If they do, just wait and they'll eventually explode.)

Sunset Stripped: Back up as the level starts until you see fireworks. Then proceed through the level until you see more fireworks and a ramp falling down. Head up the ramp, crash through the fence and into the container to die and get a squirrel. Faulting around the second fireworks voids the attempt and you have to start over.

If anyone's found any not on here, please share!

Yeah bummer. Don't want to play without leaderboards, ghosts etc... Will try again later. Again add Curley to Friends List if you think you can beat a 41 yr olds times.

Playing through career but times aren't posting unfortunately (and I just set a really good one I think!).

I think the difficulty is starting to pick up - at Sewage Works (Medium) and yeah...lots of retries

:D Good stuff.

atomsk

Party Pooper
glad I started playing at 5:30am and got in about 8-10 hours

will give my fingers a well deserved break while servers are borked

Najaf

If anyone cares, the achievement hunters have started to find squirrels and here are the ones we found so far:

If anyone's found any not on here, please share!

Let's spoiler tag that. I, for one, am going to try and find them on my own. I won't likely find them all, but I won't give in for a long time.

Oreoleo

Just a heads up, we only have four more spots on the first NeoGaf Trials friend list. I'll work on getting some shots of the leaderboards in a week to give everyone a chance to get the rust off their skills.

We will likely make cuts off the bottom of the list in two weeks. This should be plenty of time to get a time on all the tracks. What are your thoughts on how many to cut? Don't want to assume my ideas are best here.

A good start would be to go through in a couple days and delete anyone who hasn't bought the game. I'm sure there's at least a couple.
And then after that maybe cut people who haven't played as much versus people who might play all the time and are just kind of bad at it.

Let's spoiler tag that. I, for one, am going to try and find them on my own. I won't likely find them all, but I won't give in for a long time.
Same here, scrolled past that list so fast.

Fjordson

Would you guys say this game is worth it for the single-player alone (settling into a new house, my internet situation is sort of in flux right now)? I know the multiplayer has become a big part of the package.

FWIW, I absolutely loved Trials HD's single-player, so if this is similar to that as far as amount of content goes I'd be more than happy.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Would you guys say this game is worth it for the single-player alone (settling into a new house, my internet situation is sort of in flux right now)?

FWIW, I absolutely loved Trials HD's single-player, so if this is similar to that as far as amount of content I'd be more than happy.

Yes, buy it.

What if a NeoGAF Trials 2 was created and it was friends with NeoGAF Trials? Could a friend of NeoGAF Trials 2 see Neogaf Trial's friends?

Microsoft should really put something in place to mass-friend groups like this.

ccharla

from Twitter:

@RedLynxGamer There is an issue right now with the #TrialsEvo leader boards. We are looking into it, sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Najaf

A good start would be to go through in a couple days and delete anyone who hasn't bought the game. I'm sure there's at least a couple.
And then after that maybe cut people who haven't played as much versus people who might play all the time and are just kind of bad at it.

Good idea.

What if a NeoGAF Trials 2 was created and it was friends with NeoGAF Trials? Could a friend of NeoGAF Trials 2 see Neogaf Trial's friends?

Microsoft should really put something in place to mass-friend groups like this.

Yes, but remember, the idea of the list is for leaderboard stats here on gaf. We will be screenshotting/recording from trials and having them reflected in the community post (the second post). This will be updated over time. Since this is a leaderboard list, and everyone is able to individually add NeoGafers to their friends lists, cuts on the bottom of the list in a few weeks should not be a huge problem. And, as with the Forza community, there will be an initial surge of interest, and then a fade. In four months there will be room for all active posters in this thread, I'm sure of it.

I'll come up with some more formal ideas about cuts over the next week. Someone is always free to start a new list if there is enough demand and someone wants to put in the work.

PaulLFC

Good idea, but we'd have to be careful with deleting people who haven't been on in a while. They might be on holiday or have exams to prepare for or something. It's probably the fairest way to do things though.

Brizzo24

Leaderboards, multiplayer, stats, heck even my record-breaking 28 second run on the first level, is all...down.

What gives?

Oreoleo

Good idea, but we'd have to be careful with deleting people who haven't been on in a while. They might be on holiday or have exams to prepare for or something. It's probably the fairest way to do things though.

No doubt. I'm going on vacation next week but I'm taking my Xbox so I can play Trials in the evening... but I know not everyone is as dedicated to the game as I am '>_>

Would you guys say this game is worth it for the single-player alone (settling into a new house, my internet situation is sort of in flux right now)? I know the multiplayer has become a big part of the package.

FWIW, I absolutely loved Trials HD's single-player, so if this is similar to that as far as amount of content goes I'd be more than happy.

Yes. Single player is just as compelling with much better visual variety and a far more capable editor. Local multiplayer is fantastic too, if you'll use that. You could also get lost in the level editor for hours.

UraMallas

Finally got home to find the leaderboards are down. Fuck me, I've been waiting all day to play it. I beat the only other guy on my list on the first track by a few seconds (I saw his white dot lose to me!) but I can't prove it. I'll play some Batman until this is fixed, I guess. I'm not happy about it.

Carm

I dunno if they are fixed for everyone, but my score just updated after sitting on the screen for an hour and twenty minutes.

Fjordson

Yes, buy it.

Yes. Single player is just as compelling with much better visual variety and a far more capable editor. Local multiplayer is fantastic too, if you'll use that. You could also get lost in the level editor for hours.
Sounds good. I have noticed in the footage I've seen that there seems to be a ton of neat environments this time around. Not that the old warehouse doesn't hold a special place in my heart :lol

Daigoro

the Portal 2 soundtrack is working really well for me right now.

had to turn the trials music off after a few hours and stream some stuff form the PC.

loving it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Been in the lab for about 4 hours now making my track. Coming out beautiful so far.

Editor is surprisingly easy to use, looks really daunting at first though. That camera is a nuisance though. :(

Oreoleo

Are there any slots left on the neogaf leaderboard?

Edit Nevermind...its full. Twas a tad too late..

If no one is going to make a GAF Trials 2 (honestly I don't think it's necessary- A month from now the number of people playing this with any regularity will probably drop considerably and anyone else who still wants in will be able to do so.. but it isn't up to me ;D), maybe we could start a waiting list of sorts so as people who stopped playing get culled others can be added.

Just did Gigatrack and... jesus christ. That one level, as far as length is concerned, is probably like half the tracks from Trials HD stacked end to end. Maybe more.

the Portal 2 soundtrack is working really well for me right now.

had to turn the trials music off after a few hours and stream some stuff form the PC.

loving it.

Agreed. The music gets old fast. I didn't use the music on Trials HD either. Trials is a good podcast game.

Finally got to play it. Great stuff, although it seems textures take a bit to load from time to time. It could be my aging system, though.

Too bad the GAF account is full already.

andylsun

Just had a few good multiplayer games, up to level 6 and unlocked hardcore multiplayer. Leaderboards working fine at the moment

Music has been muted... not my thing.

Edit: Texture loading seems quicker from USB flash drive than HDD spinning rust.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Gigatrack was fun once, but getting good at that track seems like it would be a chore. Took me ten minutes my first try.

Top Bottom