• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

I kind of liked the more focused nature of Trials HD. The setting was more utilitarian, as opposed to Evolution, where it seems as though every level is trying to impress you with its visuals. Many times it's hard to see the track in front of you.

Still need to play more, though, so this is just a very basic first impression.

nocode

Thank god they fixed some of the issues. I lovd what I played of this before. After this Ranger game is over I'm firing it up again.

Oreoleo

I kind of liked the more focused nature of Trials HD. The setting was more utilitarian, as opposed to Evolution, where it seems as though every level is trying to impress you with its visuals. Many times it's hard to see the track in front of you.

Agreed. It's less bad as the levels get harder, and I've mostly gotten used to it since this morning, but it was really off-putting at first.

Yeah my online rank went from 8 to 4 =/
Says your level 7 on my end, unless you've been ranking back up.

They need to patch this asap, keep getting kicked off Live.
Customizable HUD would be nice too, no floating dots or basic controls.

And how the heck are you supposed to get "Unyielding 2"? Anybody else try for this gem of an achievement?

rObit

Banned
Added a couple of people who posted in here. If anyone wants to add me my GT is The Audio Pulse

Really digging the game so far. So much content. Can't wait to see what comes out of the community.

Brizzo24

Favorite "Trials" track i've downloaded so far is Dreamflow Extended. Managed to get zero defaults, rank 7th on the list, but no gold. lol. Some of these courses are hard! I also like the Widowmaker in "Skill Game." Can't wait for more over-the-top courses.

I'm working on getting a gold on Roller Coaster in single player right now.

The music that plays when you first boot up the game is awesome. Deliberately cheesy but it pumps you up. Wish I could say the same for the rest of the buttrock music in the game, haha.

This game does not disappoint. That crack like addiction for one more retry is back. Agree with you all about the music though, is a shame that a game like this doesn't have a good soundtrack.

For anyone who thinks the game went to easy and cinematic vs HD's technical gameplay. Wait till you hit extreme. It's brutal and I once again struggle at the first hurdles.

Sort of agreed although it seems to be really improving now that I've hit the Hard tracks. Hard and extreme are my favorite to play anyway.

At times in Easy and Medium I felt like I was going crosseyed and couldn't tell where I was goIng to land. Those gushing sewer pipes pissed me off too because they obscured the rider.

Gigatrack. The long ass jump after you get out of the Quarry.

HOOOOWWW

My first run of that left me with 12 faults. Such an awesome track.

Got the A license aswell tonight. I've been subconciously bunnyhopping most of my jumps but my god, the bunny-hop up the steep ramp was soooo tricky for me.

G-Pink

Just made it up to 95 or so medals in one sitting. Loving the game so far, it's to the point where a gold is out of the question for my skill level. Need to really work at it.

I'd like some people to compare to, and compete with, so feel free to add me: GVPink

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Despite the tech problems (tearing, texture pop in, online issues) this game is really awesome. Great follow up to HD.

I am really liking some of the skill events too. The Cruise Control and No leaning events are awesome.

eek5

Track central is pretty nice. I like that each custom track has its own 100 player leaderboard. Very cool.

I wonder how sales are doing. I think I had 20+ of my friends in Trials HD leaderbaords but only 3 of my friends are ranked in Evolution.

naib

Abruptly turned off in protest.. I can hear it calling me.
That's some freebased gaming shit right there.

Ma and my bro have found it difficult to let go. I also have been in the habit of doing courses with zero faults. I fault once it's back I go. I fault a lot :(

FUCK of course my account decides to magically make all of my MS points disappear today as I was going to buy this. In a chat with MS support now. FUCK

update: All fixed up. MS refunded my money and I purchased the points again. Downloading now!

Rlan

Some 86,000 players when I checked this morning!

At the moment I've got some issues with the level design now being too "complex", making it sometimes difficult to see if the bike is going through the door or the hole next to it. The floating dots for competitors being at head height sometimes makes it look like the other player is using a different path than you are.

The turning stuff makes my head hurt as well sometimes. I kind of wish I could see the Multiplayer Trials silouettes for friends instead of just the dots, at least having an option for it.

Music is terrible. The ghost as a dot is terrible. Everything else is 1000000% awesome.

If they allow us to turn off the intro song and go back to T:HD way of showing ghosts it's the perfect game.

I much prefer the dots. It's eye level so there's no having to look up to compare while riding and it gives you the path and immediate feedback of the distance and momentum. You can see if they're getting height on jumps or where they tend to pull away. It's real feedback as opposed to a line.

I did just add like 40 people to my list, so I guess I'll see how that opinion holds up!

naib

A little Gang Starr goes a long way. Game's much better now. Soundtrack is a little grating.

Besides that it's golden. Eager for some friends to pick it up for some racin.

Oreoleo

I much prefer the dots. It's eye level so there's no having to look up to compare while riding and it gives you the path and immediate feedback of the distance and momentum. You can see if they're getting height on jumps or where they tend to pull away. It's real feedback as opposed to a line.

I did just add like 40 people to my list, so I guess I'll see how that opinion holds up!

Yeah I really like how they did the friend ghosts in this game compared to Trials HD for basically all the reasons you said. Makes going for good runs way more exciting.

Kowaku, er.. whitehawk never takes big air which is basically the opposite of how I like to play. So when I do speed runs it's interesting to see how our paths differ and we will lose and gain speed at opposite points but it sort of evens out at the end.

Saroyan

This game is as addictive as the first, I managed to squeeze in 3 hours tonight, this weekend is going to be awesome.

Played some more. I'm 4 or 5 tracks into the third tier, so far I've golded all of them except the one I just beat (bridge one). Most tracks so far have been fairly manageable but I have the suspicion shit is about to get real a few tracks from now.

I ended up turning music off, and I kind of liked it at the beginning.

eek5

I can't believe they couldn't budget some proper music for a soundtrack. That is my biggest complaint so far after playing up to B license in SP. The skill challenges are pretty fun.

M.W.

My buddy made a pretty funny track. HWY Dreamin'

Starts off decent...then...

It's getting high ratings, should be on the first page of either highest Trials ratings or newest Trials tracks. LOL

Game is brilliant BTW. I've barely touched the single player. MP is too good.

ironcreed

Banned
Went ahead and unlocked it after trying the trial. Game is fun as hell and a real breath of fresh air for me. Feels like the natural progression of Excitebike, which I use to love to death as a kid. Yet it is so much more than just a racing game. Good stuff indeed.

Went ahead and unlocked it after trying the trial. Game is fun as hell and a real breath of fresh air for me. Feels like the natural progression of Excitebike, which I use to love to death as a kid. Good stuff indeed.

Wait until the cursing kicks in...

No, seriously: You did the right thing :)

Yeah, I did that a little tonight already. I can only imagine what the hard tracks are like. Favorite track so far has to be Titan Graveyard. Which is easy, but pure fun.

Yeah, later on there'll be tracks that are hard to even get through (at least it was that way in Trails HD), but it's still fun to go back to the super easy tracks to get another second out of it.
It's an an ode to highscore/leaderboard gaming!

Top Bottom