• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Trine' (PSN/PC) Announced

belvedere

Junior Butler
I was intrigued simply by the screens alone but after watching the vid, I'm pretty hyped about this.

Looks great.

gcubed

reminder said:
Maybe because it was announced today. :D

Looks awesome btw. Could be really fun to play. :)

well yes, but the game looks pretty complete and its coming soon. They showed off fat princess, they should have showed this too, imo it looks better then fat princess minus the replay value i guess...

EktorPR

gcubed said:
well yes, but the game looks pretty complete and its coming soon. They showed off fat princess, they should have showed this too, imo it looks better then fat princess

In terms of mass appeal, Fat Princess runs all over this.

In terms of pretty visuals, well...you might have a point.

Ranger X

The Main Event said:
Don't like how the character jumps, but everything looks great.

Yeah there's something about the jump that doesn't feel right. :/
I hope it will not distract. All the rest looks awesome.

gcubed

EktorPR said:
In terms of mass appeal, Fat Princess runs all over this.

In terms of pretty visuals, well...you might have a point.

well, its all IMO, which doesn't necessarily translate to the majority of people, but even disregarding the "prettiness" i like the physics based puzzle solving / abilities.

gcubed

SiegfriedFM said:
Some of the gang worked on Super Stardust HD. I guess that's why this looks so freaking good...

people dont give that game the credit it deserves for just how amazing it is graphically with how much is going on on screen with no slowdown

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
at first I was like... "ok :-\"

but that move the player did at 00:58 was kinda cool... more of that and this game will be good.

Firewire

Banned
Speevy said:

Wow!

Anyways I've watched the video about 4 times now, and each time I'm more and more impressed. I'm really liking the art style and the mechanics seem good. I love how PSN is getting these types of games.

Day 1.

belvedere said:
Wasn't this a spell in FFVII?
"Trine" is an astrological term; Square didn't make it up. They also used it as a spell in FF VI (though in the U.S. "FF III" it was mistranslated as "Grand Train"). For all I know, it was used in earlier ones too.

Shadowgrounds Survivor was the real deal, yo. Short game but TONS of fun.

Definitely keeping an eye out for the PC release.

Durante

kallisto76 said:
wow, totally unexpected. looks awesome, and remind me of lost vikings for the ability to swap the heroes
Yeah, when I read the description I also thought of Lost Vikings, but the trailer makes it seem a lot more action/platforming and less puzzle focused.

matticus

My thought about "PC/PSN" ...

Will rampant PC piracy hurt this games sales ... even PSN sales? I'm sure some people will decide not to buy the PSN version because they can play it for "free" on their computer. Its just a matter of how many people will do this. I hope the game still sells well, it looks awesome.

Luckyman

Banned
matticus said:
My thought about "PC/PSN" ...

Will rampant PC piracy hurt this games sales ... even PSN sales? I'm sure some people will decide not to buy the PSN version because they can play it for "free" on their computer. Its just a matter of how many people will do this. I hope the game still sells well, it looks awesome.

Should just go Steam/DD exclusive on PC.

Agent X

This looks fantastic! A few portions that they showed are reminiscent of LostWinds (downloadable game on the Wii), which I enjoyed.

Top Bottom