• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Ross rips on Minneapolis fans that What'd the Undertaker:

The minority of fans who were verbally disrespectful of Undertaker with annoying "What" chants, etc aren't really wrestling fans. They are insecure, attention starved, defiant individuals seeking recognition. So, they have now been recognized and I'm embarrassed for them.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Okay, then address those points.

Miz also stabs people in the back, but we don't hear Truth calling him a slut or refusing to wrestle him because "gross, STD's".
We have Zack Ryder following Cena's lead on twitter despite the fact that Cena should be every bit the whore as Eve in Zack's mind.

In short, Be A *

Because part of Eve's heel turn involved the insinuation that she achieved these self serving, back stabbing, get what I need and to hell with everyone else goals through her sexuality. If miz was out there trying to sell his fake-tan stained butthole to other wrestlers to get ahead then yes, I would assume he would get mocked on the show for being a whore.

Some fan got a photo with Vince McMahon after Raw last night:

8NMBm.jpg

The guy in the picture explains it. Also, a great story about Big Johnny:

did anything ever come to light when Vince kinda dropped out of the storyline with cmpunk/cena, when johnny ace had to take the bump at money in the bank due to Dr's advice about health issues?

edit: and the fucking "What?" chants ruined in ring promos imo, I wonder if half the people doing it nowadays even know where it started.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I like how the first thing after they give Kane his mask back is they throw him in a filler feud with Cena and he gets tossed into an amba lamps.

that is weird , things would've worked out better if they actually did monster kane who was on the verge of beating cena to a pulp. instead we got ...i dunno what the hell that was...honestly

Morgadeth

He's sinking to depths and committing atrocities that Kane can only dream of!

It seems like they're trying to make an Attitude Era story line with a PG rating. The whole thing doesn't make any sense. Eve kissed Cena, does that make her a slut? No. Is this a horrible example for kids? Sure is!

Where did Kharma go anyway?

MC Safety

Jim Ross rips on Minneapolis fans that What'd the Undertaker:

I think the "what?" chants are the most obnoxious thing ever. I didn't think it was cute or interesting when Stone Cold Steve Austin did it, and I sure as hell haven't altered my stance on the matter.

But that Undertaker thing was overlong, pointless, and self-serving. And then you get Hunter Hearst Helmsley in there, and he has to reiterate everything and mention again how he and Undertaker are the last two wrestlers in the whole world and when they're gone there won't be any more guys who know how to leave it all in the ring...

I can see how the audience would want to prompt Undertaker and company to speed things along.

As a side note, are people really interested in an Undertaker V. Hunter Hearst Helmsley rematch?

and by "sexuality", we mean "kissing a guy just as much as he kissed her". Not to mention the sexuality of it is secondary to the backstabbing/manipulativty of it. But instead of that, the guy in the Rise Above Hate shirt goes straight to hating a woman with woman-specific, sexual insults.

It was awkward, misogynistic, lazy, stupid, hypocritical(since WWE makes money off Eve being sexy, then makes fun of her for it), and just plain odd. Its one of those segments that comes up every now and again and question why you're still watching stupid shit like this.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I agree with jim ross that was total bullshit

Edit: wonder what austin thinks

I believe I've read something saying Austin, while proud of creating it, thinks the fans take it way too far, especially after they chanted what during the national anthem.

Is there any actual proof this year is Takers final match? Or is everyone just guessing he's calling it quits on 20.

I personally think he should just do this once a year WM match for a while, if he still pulls it out the bag on the night I'm ok with that. Wait until Kane decides its time to hang up his boots, then promo the living FUCK out of Taker vs Kane, loser leaves or whatever and have Taker win, but them both leaving together.

Someone here had the idea of at the end of the match the lights going off, then coming back on with the Urn and Kanes mask just being left in the ring. Absolutely fucking perfect. THAT is how Taker AND Kane should bow out. Nothing could compare to that.

The "What?" chants are in the spirit of the show, not derogatory, and not profane. Yes, they are annoying as fuck, but it's been that way for years now. Damn near everybody has been what'ed at this point. You can't encourage people to do it one minute (R-Truth) and then scold them when they do it the next.

Just watched Raw. Couple thoughts.

1. Cena's promo was sick. I hope he stays like this because I was cheering for him after hating his guts for about a year. Seemed like a real genuine shoot promo.

2. Ultimate H/Undertaker promo was boring. I'm not sure why Taker wants to do it. Worst match of Wrestlemania for me.

3. Sucks about Wade. Happy though that Dolph and Truth are OK.

Overall, best Raw in a long time. Super psyched for Jericho and Punk at Mania.

Crowds don't chant asshole anymore :(
The WWE crowds are awful now. I remember going to shows in the Attitude Era, and the crowd were wrestling fans. It didn't matter if Austin was wrestling or two local indie guys, if the guys had a good match, the crowd reacted to it. They were there to see wrestling.

Crowds aren't there to see wrestling now. They want to see television stars. It's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom