• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

That is really horrible what happened to Sorensen. Is it likely that he'll fully recover? None of the reports have covered that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Okay, I'll stop.
Yeah, who do you think you are posting information that's just going to get posted by someone else that will be quoted by another site that quoted the Observer.

As for the radio programs which go over the same thing, now we can't hear the rage filled rants of Alvarez and the general apathy of Meltzer.

From a medical standpoint, worst case scenario - he might become a paraplegic. Not moving his legs is a very, very bad sign...
This is absolutely horrible.

somedevil

Here is an update and Jesse Sorensen from Dixie Carter:

TNA president Dixie Carter issued her first statement of the day regarding the condition of injured wrestler Jesse Sorensen. "Jesse Sorensen has sustained a C1 vertebrae fracture with spinal cord edema," Carter wrote. "He is slowly regaining feeling and movement in his arms and legs. He wants to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Once we speak to the neurosurgeon, we will pass on more details.

This thread has gone crazy. Hopefully Raw tonight makes it normal again.

What's been announced for tonight?
P0u19l.png

Yeah, wouldn't count on it.

rvd2kewl

So are TNA paying his bills?

They'll get the Hulkster to sign a few autographs for the neurosurgeon, brother.

Maybe they were talking to the neurosurgeon so they could give him Sorensen's address for the bills.

In all seriousness, yeah, you know that's gotta be in the back of Sorensen's mind right now. First and foremost is regaining feeling and walking again. But the bills it's gonna rack up and whether or not he'll be able to earn a living again doing what he loves definitely is something that'll hang with him for a while.

Gestahl

Okay, I'll stop.

Pirating the radio programs is incredibly shitty, posting the newsletter wholesale is only slightly shitty. Most people just quote the snippets, but eventually all of the interesting information in every newsletter is going to be posted by someone somewhere anyway, so I won't begrudge you for doing whatever with it. It's just posting the whole thing all at once comes off poorly, is all.

From a medical standpoint, worst case scenario - he might become a paraplegic. Not moving his legs is a very, very bad sign...
This is absolutely horrible.
He's going to be fine, it's just going to take a while. Edema is swelling from fluid buildup. He can feel his legs and move his arms, so the cord is fine, just motor signals are weakened by the edema.

DKehoe

Maybe a bit of a tasteless point, but Sorensen could be a huge babyface if he is able to return.

Hope he is ok, having feeling returning sounds hopeful

Really sucks to hear about the Sorensen updates. Hopefully he pulls through.

As for wrestling discussion, Triple H trumps everyone in the business because he is that damn good. He is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. There will never be anyone like him again and you should all feel honored to watch him do promos every Monday night.

Okay, I'll stop.
Don't listen to him. Ask yourself what Triple H would do in your position. He would bury him with newsletter and radio links.

Reminds me of Buff Bagwell's neck injury in January 1998. When he came back to Nitro in a wheelchair, the crowd went nuts for him even though the last time they saw him, he was with the nWo.

They had a chance to really make him a strong babyface by getting over the whole deal where he realized who was really important when no one from the nWo checked on him while he was out while a couple WCW guys like Sting, DDP, Luger, and such called to check on him.

When Hogan and the nWo came out and berated him in the wheelchair for being weak, the crowd was going bananas wanting Bagwell to beat the shit out of all of them. When Hogan actually pushed him around with his hand, it was a fever pitch.

But what did WCW do? Of course, it was all a silly swerve and they immediately turned him back heel, doing nothing with it.

Count me as one of the people who thinks wrasslegaf has gone a bit off the rails lately.

whatever ever happened at midnight wrassle gafs return broke something.

Now we have creepy anime, people being jerks to wrestlers on twitter, other weird things.

Hopefully RAW will reset everything once we have something to talk about again.

somedevil

Count me as one of the people who thinks wrasslegaf has gone a bit off the rails lately.

Same. It started with the banning and hasn't straightened itself out. Its been strange and now we got a poster who hasn't posted here at all suddenly call all posters here assholes about the observer stuff.

It needs to go back to before the banning like what happened during the TNA pay per view. Raw should settle it back down.

Gestahl

Same. It started with the banning and hasn't straightened itself out. Its been strange and now we got a poster who hasn't posted here at all suddenly call all posters here assholes about the observer stuff.

It needs to go back to before the banning and back to actual discussion like what happened during the TNA pay per view. Raw should settle it back down.

I've posted here before, sorry I'm not part of your stupid clique I guess I dunno??? I didn't realize post count masturbation has gotten even beyond member/junior status.

I'm just going to leave the Observer stuff here because Stumpakow posted, but if I see another link to a fucking $10 dollar subscription radio program and there isn't some weird and crazy unavailability issue outside North America I will be reporting it to someone. Some of us actually value the content Alvarez and Meltzer provide.

MC Safety

It needs to go back to before the banning like what happened during the TNA pay per view. Raw should settle it back down.

Well, to be fair, things are pretty odd in this thread. As I've said before, it's sort of insular and creepy.

Sometimes I can't tell whether the regulars play in some wrestling game league, or if they just refer to themselves as wrestlers. And, oftentimes, I am too afraid to ask or even contemplate this.

Also, gaming age has rules about reposting stories from media sites/magazines, etc., although this has largely gone by the wayside as people now cut-and-paste wholesale from news stories of the day,

Dream, I hope you keep posting that stuff. I for one, enjoy it.

But, if this is how it has to be, then, I suggest in the spirit of fairness that every single poster that comes in here on Wrestlemania weekend and asks for a lamp be banned. I'm not cool with people defrauding WWE and Vince of $54.99

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm just going to leave the Observer stuff here because Stumpakow posted, but if I see another link to a fucking $10 dollar subscription radio program and there isn't some weird and crazy unavailability issue outside North America I will be reporting it to someone. Some of us actually value the content Alvarez and Meltzer provide.
So which one are you? Alvarez or Meltzer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom