• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triumph the insult comic dog is on O Reilly tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I am betting that Triumph will poop on O'Reily, my question is will Bill get pissed enough to cut his mic? I hope that he does.

shoplifter

Anyone else catch O RLY getting totally owned by Krugman over the weekend on Russert's show? I've been watching a cap over and over laughing my ass off.

shoplifter said:
Anyone else catch O RLY getting totally owned by Krugman over the weekend on Russert's show? I've been watching a cap over and over laughing my ass off.

i read the transcript and didnt see any ownage on either side.. both just basically doing what they normally do... if you believe in one of the persons perspectives, than I guess you might think it was "owning"... but i dont see either side having done very well.. krugman is a leftist, and o'reilly is a rightest, though i'd say less "right" than krugman is "left".

shoplifter said:

Yeah, I bet this Triumph bit is some form of damage control. Bill came off so badly that maybe he wanted to do something to avoid looking like a total douchebag.

LuckyBrand said:
i read the transcript and didnt see any ownage on either side.. both just basically doing what they normally do... if you believe in one of the persons perspectives, than I guess you might think it was "owning"... but i dont see either side having done very well.. krugman is a leftist, and o'reilly is a rightest, though i'd say less "right" than krugman is "left".

You really have to look at the footage is see how desperate Bill came off. He totally lost his cool from the get go.

border

LuckyBrand said:
if you believe in one of the persons perspectives, than I guess you might think it was "owning"... but i dont see either side having done very well.. krugman is a leftist, and o'reilly is a rightest, though i'd say less "right" than krugman is "left".
Except that it wasn't so much about left and right as it was about O'Reilly getting caught in a lie and then whining about the website where Krugman got a quote from. That's where the "owning" was. He can't deny his own hypocrisy, so he just starts shouting "Do your own research!"

shoplifter said:

<-- Needs a clip like a junkie needs a hit!

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
LuckyBrand said:
i read the transcript

Any idea where I can get the transcript?

I saw clips on O'Reilly's show last night. The way he behaved pissed me off to no extent. His arguments themselves have no relevance or logic. Instead, he just yells and bullies people until they're so flustered that they can't respond. From the clips I saw, you could tell Krugman was pissing his pants.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I'm not entirely sure how O'Reilly was 'owned'. That Kruger guy didn't have the nerve to even look O'Reilly in his eyes once...he came off as intimidated. Yeah, O'Reilly's a pretty brash guy, and contrary to what he may think, he does sort of fly off the handle now and then. As for the debate itself, stuff like this is always pointless - those guys represent realtive extremes and the whole 'discussion' was little more than 'you're wrong and I'm right' over and over. Wippy-de. Naturally right-wingers will proclaim O'Reilly the man and leftists will proclaim Kruger as 'totally owning O'Reilly'. Personally, I just yawned and changed the channel...

shoplifter

Yes, Krugman certainly didn't help his case by being so non-confrontational. God forbid that he make his case with facts rather than rhetoric.

This really did make O RLY look bad though, next to none of his arguments had any factual basis. HE'D rather be the source rather than using sources it would seem.

Link to the torrent: http://www.lokitorrent.com/download...illy_krugman.mov[www.lokitorrent.com].torrent

I'll be seeding it for a while. It's 77MB Quicktime, relatively decent quality.

I saw that this weekend and this discussion was just embarassing to watch. They both looked horrible with Krugman looking like a total puss and O'Reilly looking like a deranged lunatic with little self-control and very little logic behind his words. I think it was obvious who had more ground to stand on though during this interview but it's just sad that you couldn't hear it over O'Reillys little Torrett's Syndrome outbursts.

Diablos

My god, O Reilly is such an asshole. He says this guy and his friends make joke characters out of everyone? Look who's talking!!!

way more

tedtropy said:
I'm not entirely sure how O'Reilly was 'owned'. That Kruger guy didn't have the nerve to even look O'Reilly in his eyes once...he came off as intimidated. Yeah, O'Reilly's a pretty brash guy, and contrary to what he may think, he does sort of fly off the handle now and then. As for the debate itself, stuff like this is always pointless - those guys represent realtive extremes and the whole 'discussion' was little more than 'you're wrong and I'm right' over and over. Wippy-de. Naturally right-wingers will proclaim O'Reilly the man and leftists will proclaim Kruger as 'totally owning O'Reilly'. Personally, I just yawned and changed the channel...

What a failling, he only had his logic and reason to fall back on. I've always wanted to see a economist go up against O'Reilly. What pissed me off was how O'Reilly would shout "cheap shot," and Kruger would do nothing when they attacked each other, even though Krugers jokes were better.

O'Reilly is good at distracting from the topics and going off on some polemic rant. The biggest pussy here is Russert for keeping his mouth shut throughout the confrontations.

haha....if you just watched Dennis Miller, Krugman said that he checked and Hans Blix was NEVER on the O'Reilly Factor.....that silly bastard

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
mac said:
What a failling, he only had his logic and reason to fall back on. I've always wanted to see a economist go up against O'Reilly. What pissed me off was how O'Reilly would shout "cheap shot," and Kruger would do nothing when they attacked each other, even though Krugers jokes were better.

I wasn't questioning his logic or reason, but he did not look like he was speaking with confidence and certainty. He needed to stop looking away from O'Reilly. I think he spent 90% of the discussion staring at his crotch. Now either the guy is just really obsessed with his unit or he needs to work on his speech skills. It's difficult to believe in anything a person says if they don't look the part.

I wasn't questioning his logic or reason, but he did not look like he was speaking with confidence and certainty. He needed to stop looking away from O'Reilly. I think he spent 90% of the discussion staring at his crotch. Now either the guy is just really obsessed with his unit or he needs to work on his speech skills. It's difficult to believe in anything a person says if they don't look the part.

I think it came across as a sign that he had no interest in what oreilly had to say. I wouldn't either, though i would be more confrontational and emphasize the word "lie" with knowledge that it bothered him so much. By acting disinterested though, he isn't really helping or hurting his image. Those who expect to find ANY value in what oreilly says are individuals who, in all probability, will agree with what he says regardless of how the "debate" goes. For anyone that isnt a massive fucking retard (and has seen past oreilly shows), he won't be given the benefit of any doubt.

border

Okay, enough about Krugman....did anyone actually see the Triumph appearance? I was not at home or anything..

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
border said:
Okay, enough about Krugman....did anyone actually see the Triumph appearance? I was not at home or anything..

Yeah, I want to know the same. Is it worth catching the rerun?

Also, earlier in the thread, I asked if anyone had a link to the transcript of the Russert interview. So, does anyone?

Alcibiades

I saw it on the 11 eastern/10 central re-run, and it was OK, but pretty standard...

I'm a pretty big O'Reilly and Triumph fan, but I've seen WAY better stuff and comedy from the both of them (especially on Conan from Triumph)...

That said, I think you guys should watch it, it's really a feel-good chuckle interview (not laugh out loud) and Triumph takes some jabs at Micheal Moore...

A good interview, just not classic.

i caught the tail end of it. Seemed pretty tame. O'Reilly was just humoring him and playing along, instead of getting made fun of like most of the people that meet up with Triumph.

Minotauro said:
Eh, I don't think I'm going to watch it. Triumph really should've lit into O'Reilly.

It seemed to me like the piece was heavily edited. Triumph was a little bit of a brown noser and whenever he started to go off, they would cut to another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom