• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Trolling] For gaming to thrive, Microsoft must exit the console business

sublimit

Banned
There are some posts here by both "attackers" and "defenders" that spin things so much to the point it hurts my head. Even if i wanted to reply to some of the posts i wouldn't even know where to begin with...

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked (yet).

Smasher89

Only skimmed through, was there nothing about the terrible existence of xbox live, or sub for stuff that was baked in games costs for 15-20 years prior xbox entering the market?

keraj37

This thread in a nutshell:

tenor.gif

Did... did she farted in her hand and throw it to his nose?

I'm thankful for Microsoft because they make many of the games I like. Halo alone revolutionized console first person shooters in a way that hadn't happened before. It is a franchise that competes with the best franchises of Nintendo and Sony.

I still don't understand a lot of the hate toward MS and the xbox. Like what you like and enjoy what you enjoy, but don't spend your days trolling on things you don't even care about. That is just sad. I don't have anything against people who prefer Sony over Microsoft or Nintendo over Sony. What triggers me is the endless trolling, mockery of the xbox, the petty taunting, and the tiresome narrative that Xbox has no games. It is laughable when people try and say the Xbox is finished because of a single gen when the xbox's first two gens were highly successful.

The Xbox one as a console (high price, weaker system, split focus with kinect), is what hurt microsoft this gen more than anything and not the lack of games or "forced" policies lol. Microsoft never forced anything on gamers this gen. They had a plan that people didn't like and changed it based on the backlash before even releasing. Forcing things like drm never happened, so stop saying they forced anything on you. It. Did. Not. Happen. Please learn the difference. Kudos to MS for listening to people.

Top Bottom