• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tron Uprising S1 |OT| of Tron, Frodo, Pee Wee, Carl Winslow - Fridays on Disney XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarecrow

It's too bad the shows gettin cancelled, but its still pretty cool that there was even a Tron show to begin with. And that its so slick.

grendelrt

I am really hoping for a Blu ray release after the show finishes its run. I also really hope it has an ending in the next 4 episodes if its going to be canned :/

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone see the most recent episode? Who was that at the end? My DVR cut off!

No idea, any guesses?

eBb4Sl.jpg

Hex

Banned
*dashes through so as not to read any spoilers*
Finally freed up time to start on this series, have heard good things about it and as a huge Tron fan more Tron is always a great thing.
Seems like a great thing for a new years marathon.

MattDoza

*dashes through so as not to read any spoilers*
Finally freed up time to start on this series, have heard good things about it and as a huge Tron fan more Tron is always a great thing.
Seems like a great thing for a new years marathon.

Wait, is Disney running a marathon tonight/today/tomorrow? Or just yourself, personally?

isny

napkin dispenser
Four episodes left BTW. I don't think we're going to get a proper send-off unless they renew it.

isny

napkin dispenser
Also, how did no one have anything to say about the awesomeness of bringing back Bit? Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Four episodes left BTW. I don't think we're going to get a proper send-off unless they renew it.

In an interview not too long ago, Bruce Boxleighter suggested the writing team has everything wrapped up in a clever way to lead into Tron Legacy.

Whether he was referring to the end of this season, or future plans if the show continued, no idea. I would have hoped that, for once with one of these shows, the writers would have actually hedged their bets at only having one season and thus wrote some kind of closure into the season finale.

Xiaoki

In an interview not too long ago, Bruce Boxleighter suggested the writing team has everything wrapped up in a clever way to lead into Tron Legacy.

Whether he was referring to the end of this season, or future plans if the show continued, no idea. I would have hoped that, for once with one of these shows, the writers would have actually hedged their bets at only having one season and thus wrote some kind of closure into the season finale.

We might see atleast a second season. I know Disney said it hasnt performed as well as hoped but havent seen a confirmation that its cancelled, just Motor City.

Disney is still big on Tron. They started work on Tron 3 before Tron Legacy was released. Yeah Legacy not doing as well as hoped stalled Tron 3 but it has been confirmed by several people that it will be made, filming likely to start in 2014.

So, I can see Disney giving Uprising a second season to finish up the storyline in time for Tron 3.

But Uprising never really had a chance of going for more than 2 seasons anyway. Hopefully Disney gets the hint that

Disney XD = death

Disney XD + big name cast + CG animation + tied to niche cartoon = SUPER DEATH

What would help shows like this and Motorcity thrive even on extended-tier platinum-plus cable would be a strong lead in. Once Clone Wars makes the jump, this in a block with it could keep it alive for a while. Sadly, we'll probably never get to see that happen.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
We might see atleast a second season. I know Disney said it hasnt performed as well as hoped but havent seen a confirmation that its cancelled, just Motor City.

Disney is still big on Tron. They started work on Tron 3 before Tron Legacy was released. Yeah Legacy not doing as well as hoped stalled Tron 3 but it has been confirmed by several people that it will be made, filming likely to start in 2014.

So, I can see Disney giving Uprising a second season to finish up the storyline in time for Tron 3.

But Uprising never really had a chance of going for more than 2 seasons anyway. Hopefully Disney gets the hint that

Disney XD = death

Disney XD + big name cast + CG animation + tied to niche cartoon = SUPER DEATH

If Uprising gets a good second season with the story planned out to arrive at an appropriate ending, I think that's fine. Not every show needs to go on for 6 seasons. Uprising is so tightly connected to and supporting of Tron and Tron Legacy that it will remain an excellent companion piece to the motion pictures. (And Tron 3.)

What would help shows like this and Motorcity thrive even on extended-tier platinum-plus cable would be a strong lead in. Once Clone Wars makes the jump, this in a block with it could keep it alive for a while. Sadly, we'll probably never get to see that happen.
That and actually advertising and airing reruns of these shows. They do the latter for their live action comedies and wonder why these get shit ratings. Go figure.

abundant

That and actually advertising and airing reruns of these shows. They do the latter for their live action comedies and wonder why these get shit ratings. Go figure.

Motorcity was dead almost right out of the gate. They had a lot of ads before it premiered (and reruns too), but once the initial ratings came in and they were low, Disney basically threw it under the bus and abandoned it.

It's a shame that, barring TMNT, action cartoons are treated so poorly. Even successful shows like Clone Wars barely get ads or reruns whereas comedy cartoons have countless reruns every day and a lot of ads.

Feep

Banned
Just caught up with 14 and 15. Unspeakably cool. I love this show, and not a single one of my friends watches it. = (

isny

napkin dispenser
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-tron-uprising-lightbike-battle-remix-59800/

"Walt Disney Records has shared about a third of one of the tracks from its upcoming release of the soundtrack to ‘TRON: Uprising‘ which will be available to own on January 8, 2013.

The title of the track below is ‘Lightbike Battle (3OH!3 and JT Remix)’ which clocks in at 4:43 on the soundtrack. It is one of 20 tracks all featured on or inspired by the Disney XD animated series. With exception to ‘Rezolution’ by Cole Plante, all tracks are credited to the show’s composer, Joseph Trapanese (remixes by 3OH!3 & JT, David Hiller and Opiuo are also included)."

MattDoza

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-tron-uprising-lightbike-battle-remix-59800/

"Walt Disney Records has shared about a third of one of the tracks from its upcoming release of the soundtrack to ‘TRON: Uprising‘ which will be available to own on January 8, 2013.

The title of the track below is ‘Lightbike Battle (3OH!3 and JT Remix)’ which clocks in at 4:43 on the soundtrack. It is one of 20 tracks all featured on or inspired by the Disney XD animated series. With exception to ‘Rezolution’ by Cole Plante, all tracks are credited to the show’s composer, Joseph Trapanese (remixes by 3OH!3 & JT, David Hiller and Opiuo are also included)."

The one track I'm worried about not being on the soundtrack was the one we heard in the beginning of episode 14(Tagged). When they're tagging up Argon with "TRON LIVES." I've re-watched that part about 10 times now just to hear that small piece of that song.

Tuck

Its a shame that this show never gained the audience it deserved. Four episodes left and that may be it - its sad. Really enjoyed the show, and am sure I'll enjoy the next four episodes. Hopefully it gets a second season, but I highly doubt it. They should have handled this show better.

Hex

Banned
All caught up, such a great show.
It is a shame that it is condemned to being on Disney channel when it most likely would find a much bigger audience on Cartoon Network or something else.
Either way I am loving it and now I hate having to wait for the next eps

MattDoza

Can't tell if Paige actually knows who Beck is. I get the feeling she didn't pay him any mind, up until she saw him in action on the train. And is now putting it together.

LOVE THIS SHOW!

Silkworm

Can't tell if Paige actually knows who Beck is. I get the feeling she didn't pay him any mind, up until she saw him in action on the train. And is now putting it together.

LOVE THIS SHOW!

But if Beck and Paige become an item what about poor Mara? ;-) Oh well, I'm wondering if Paige will see what Tesler did to Keller (scientist) and that will open her eyes to the real Tesler and make her switch sides over to Tron. Also what is Pavel doing with that special disc he got from Beck in episode 7? I figured he'd use it by now but I guess he's biding his time to use it to attack Tesler since it's obvious he wants that position of power.

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm in the US and I tried it and it works for me. Not sure if being in the US is why it works for me and not you though :-\

BTW thanks for the link (though sorry you are having trouble with it).

Anyone outside of the U.S. able to try?

MattDoza

But if Beck and Paige become an item what about poor Mara? ;-) Oh well, I'm wondering if Paige will see what Tesler did to Keller (scientist) and that will open her eyes to the real Tesler and make her switch sides over to Tron. Also what is Pavel doing with that special disc he got from Beck in episode 7? I figured he'd use it by now but I guess he's biding his time to use it to attack Tesler since it's obvious he wants that position of power.

It seems inevitable that she's going to work in cooperation with the rebellion. I actually forgot about that disc. Pavel will surely squander any resources he has to his benefit.

I really love the more peaceful melodies. But there are still a few songs that I heard throughout this season that don't appear to be on the soundtrack. Unless they're just small bits on some of these tracks.

Anyone outside of the U.S. able to try?

I'm going to guess it's probably limited to U.S. It's working fine for me.

EDIT: Looks like it's up on Spotify too. http://open.spotify.com/album/2pa2vmvB0RoLDsxfnkScEc

EDIT 2: No, nevermind. It's there, but not playable. Odd.

Silkworm

It seems inevitable that she's going to work in cooperation with the rebellion. I actually forgot about that disc. Pavel will surely squander any resources he has to his benefit.
Also wondering will Cyrus, the first renegade, show up again? I'm guessing there aren't too many episodes left to air so I'm not sure how he'd fit in, but it would be cool to see Cyrus confront Tron.

I had no idea they were releasing a soundtrack to Uprising. It makes sense in a couple of episodes I have heard tracks that sounded really good but figured they were just Daft Punk inspired snippets.

Arment

This latest episode was really good. I felt like everything was just a notch above great - the animation, dialogue, story and character development specifically.

Tesler is such a stone cold bastard. I'd love to see live action Tesler.

I had no idea they were releasing a soundtrack to Uprising. It makes sense in a couple of episodes I have heard tracks that sounded really good but figured they were just Daft Punk inspired snippets.
DP gets all the credit, but the Tron: Legacy score was done in partnership with Joseph Trapanese, who also happens to be the composer on Uprising! And quite talented in his own right.

Has anyone listened to the CD? How is it?

isny

napkin dispenser
Likely as close to an official cancellation as we're going to get:

TqguS.jpg

https://twitter.com/bean_charlie/status/288179864207495168

Sigh. He's directed most (if not all) of the episodes this season, obviously high up in the production. EP too I think.

Yeah, other people who worked on the show have pretty much said the same thing.

It's too bad, but all of the good shows get cancelled, that's how life works.

That episode was spectacular BTW, my god, just the visuals alone were so impressive. I really hope she saw Tessler de-rez that medic.

I'd say they've got the sweet bikes covered pretty well, so we're almost halfway there!

Been streaming the soundtrack for the past hour by the way, it rocks. Can't wait to add it to my Legacy rotation.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Tuck

The recent episodes have been visually amazing. The behind the back scenes are particularly impressive.

Shame the show isn't getting another season. It deserves one.

Hex

Banned
I know that I am being stupid, but I really hope it just goes on a hiatus for the 2013 season and they bring it back down the line with a new season.
Really do not want it to end, especially since Disney put it in such shitty time slots.

Xiaoki

I know that I am being stupid, but I really hope it just goes on a hiatus for the 2013 season and they bring it back down the line with a new season.
Really do not want it to end, especially since Disney put it in such shitty time slots.

Yeah, Im holding out hope that Charlie Bean's tweet means that its not a part of the 2013 lineup because they are doing a large part of season 2 at one time so we dont get hiatus after hiatus like we did with this season.

Call me stupidly optimistic but Im going to hold out hope until we get an actual confirmation that its cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom