• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective season 3 making some progress, Deadwood's Milch joins creative team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins as the protagonists with Brad Douriff as the villain and have it set in the Pacific Northwest. Maybe take some elements from Twin Peaks and Alan Wake as well.

120v

i don't see the show ever coming out of the shadow of the first season. no matter who the cast, director or show runners.

but i like the concept and want to see as many seasons as possible. too bad the second season was such a raspberry ... s3 has a lot of ground to cover

Kayhan

They should just put it out of its misery.

OOaCegn.gif

Just like this character, it lives on for some reason.
Birdman and that scene was where you went "Hey maybe this season won't be so bad after all.

And then it was all shit.

Mascot

The second season wasn't anywhere near as good as the first, but the first set an impossible standard.

I still enjoyed season two. It was still better than a lot of the shit on our screens, it just didn't compare favourably to season one and took a lot of flak because of that.

Daigoro

I never saw Deadwood but I am glad people in here seem to be excited about True Detective Season 3 because of this news.

That first season was so good

Deadwood shits on TD from a very great height, that's the main reason most people can muster some optimism here after the mess that was season 2. Pizzaboy isnt fit to kiss Milch's boots.

if we can get back to the level of S1 TD, we'll be in good shape.

Moppeh

Banned
This should be the intro of Season 3, seriously. It would be perfect.

Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood - Summer Wine (1967)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohSwxqaBgRs

Eh, it is a good song, but it doesn't scream "True Detective" to me. The two previous intros had a very dark and foreboding air to them that this doesn't have.

Though I'd love to see them have season 3 take place in the 60s.. It would be a nice change. If they were to set it in the 60s or even just have a 60s opening song, I think something by the Doors would be a good fit, particularly something off of Strange Days.

Falchion

Season 2 was definitely pushed out too fast which I think resulted in an underdeveloped story. I'd be down for another shot though.

The second season wasn't anywhere near as good as the first, but the first set an impossible standard.

I still enjoyed season two. It was still better than a lot of the shit on our screens, it just didn't compare favourably to season one and took a lot of flak because of that.

TD Season 1 is a high standard, but "better than most shit on TV" is an incredibly low standard. Would people hate it less if it wasn't called True Detective? Probably. But a lot more people would have dropped the show if it didn't have its legacy. Season 2 is a well decorated mess. Big name stars and high production values hanging off an incredibly rushed, thin, and convoluted script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom