• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truly Weird Stuff Showing Up in Steam Database (Halo, KOF13, other unlikely stuff)

s_mirage

Fighting games on PC just seem like a real WTF? I don't think there is any market and besides they would be pretty awkward to play local multiplayer (which is at least the way I and many people I know mainly play fighters).

Still, cool to see SNK expanding their properties a bit more.

There is a market, albeit quite a small one, and you have to bear in mind that the arcade versions of these games run on PC hardware already. The porting costs should be minimal.

Fighting games on PC just seem like a real WTF? I don't think there is any market and besides they would be pretty awkward to play local multiplayer (which is at least the way I and many people I know mainly play fighters).

Laptops as additional setups for gatherings/tournaments are extremely convenient though. Nothing awkard about that.

Katori

Why WTF? So many people hook their PCs up to TVs now. I have a work PC and a gaming PC hooked up to a TV, I play PC games just like console games, including with my friends where available.

Does anyone know what it means when there is a record update in the registry?
I had a look out of boredom earlier and it said Halo 3's registry had a record update 22 hours ago.

Momentary

Banned
I would buy KOF XIII on PC day one. I stopped playing on consoles right about when this game hit stores. I would also love to see BlazBlue, Virtua Fighter, and Tekken make the jump some day.

I would buy KOF XIII on PC day one. I stopped playing on consoles right about when this game hit stores. I would also love to see BlazBlue, Virtua Fighter, and Tekken make the jump some day.

Man Tekken and VF would be a blast to mod, even if it were just the gameplay properties

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So you're involved with the game and got a big exposure boost because of this thread?

Yeah! (I'm the artist) This thread actually did get a lot of people to notice the game, if only because the main point of discussion was in regards to other, substantially bigger titles, haha. In any case, exposure is always good. GAF news spreads really far!

Just wondering, but would you know if any other Adult Swim published titles would be coming down the line?

They're keen to see how SHODN is going to do for them, but they seem happy enough so far at least. I don't know what games they're thinking about bringing out, though, sorry. :(

ArjanN

Yeah! (I'm the artist) This thread actually did get a lot of people to notice the game, if only because the main point of discussion was in regards to other, substantially bigger titles, haha. In any case, exposure is always good. GAF news spreads really far!

They're keen to see how SHODN is going to do for them, but they seem happy enough so far at least. I don't know what games they're thinking about bringing out, though, sorry. :(

Super House Of Dead Ninjas is awesome, and there's not nearly enough talk about it on GAF.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Super House Of Dead Ninjas is awesome, and there's not nearly enough talk about it on GAF.

Well, I just bought it, so if nothing else I know I'm not part of the problem.

Now just have to wait to put my new computer together to play it. Yes, my current computer is that fucked up.

deleted

If Halo 3 comes out this year, it could very well be my multiplayer goty. It doesn't have all the CoD perks and whistles, right? I don't own a 360 and from youtube it seems like it's all cosmetic stuff you unlock.
If the gameplay feels right on PC, it will be the first big non-cod multiplayer shooter since UT3.

Laranja

I just realized that Halo 3's registry was updated on February 22. That's interesting.

I have no idea if this means anything, but I'm crossing my fingers! I hope they don't take long to add the Halo games to Steam, because I really feel like replaying the first game and jumping back on its multiplayer mode.

What are the chances Halo 1 will be patched with widescreen support (and maybe some extra stuff, like AA support), if/when it hits Steam?

I have no idea if this means anything, but I'm crossing my fingers! I hope they don't take long to add the Halo games to Steam, because I really feel like replaying the first game and jumping back on its multiplayer mode.

What are the chances Halo 1 will be patched with widescreen support (and maybe some extra stuff, like AA support), if/when it hits Steam?

I'm pretty sure that they shut down the Halo 1 servers a while back so not likely?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I mean, there was never a question if it was "real" in the sense that once it became clear that this wasn't 3rd party community hubs, there was no other possibility. In each case, someone in the company in question has taken an active step to add the content. The only ongoing question is--which of these projects are making it to market, versus which have been abandoned?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I mean, there was never a question if it was "real" in the sense that once it became clear that this wasn't 3rd party community hubs, there was no other possibility. In each case, someone in the company in question has taken an active step to add the content. The only ongoing question is--which of these projects are making it to market, versus which have been abandoned?

I could see MS using the Halo trilogy to fill in the Halo gap from their line-up this fall. It would allow them to expand their market and gauge interest in bringing the rest of the series while the costs remain relatively minimal (Halo 1/2 already have a good portion of the work done).

GMM

Banned
...age2 wasn't on THIS list

But full Steamworks integration shows Microsoft are shifting their tactics on PC and we may see the Halo games after all (could also explain why the GFWL version of Halo 2 was shut down).

Top Bottom