• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: ‘I never even knew’ a Category 5 hurricanes existed

Zolo

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...even-knew-a-category-5-existed-for-hurricanes

President Trump said on Thursday that he did not know hurricanes could be rated as high as a Category 5 after his visit to Florida, which is reeling from Hurrican Irma's devastation.

"I never even knew a category five existed," the president told reporters at the White House.
The storm wreaked havoc on the Caribbean before continuing to Florida.

"It's been a rough time for Florida," Trump said, adding that his administration did an "A plus job" responding to the storm and its aftermath.

The president earlier on Thursday said that there have been bigger storms than Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma, dismissing the notion that climate change played any part in the powerful storms.

Climatologists have said that while climate change didn’t cause the two monster storms, it likely exacerbated them and made them stronger.

Maybe someone should explain how global warming works to him. Maybe he's never taken the time to learn about it before.

BriGuy

Well, they're not especially common I guess. Of all the shit you can criticize Trump for (and there is a huge goddamn pile that grows by the day), this seems pretty innocuous.

So out of actually curiosity, what is the opinion of the Trump administration response to these recent hurricanes as compared to something like Hurricane Katrina under bush. I'm looking for as much as an unbiased response as possible.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Trump: What's this Constitution thing I keep hearing about? Its kind of a pain in my ass!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
A lot of things this doofus doesn't or didn't know.

I guess he also doesn't know that telling people all the shit you don't know or find much harder than you thought makes you sound like one dumbass motherfucker.

JordanN

Banned
Our President, the moron.

Remember when Bush was the dumb one?

22jRRo3.gif

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
"Can you believe it folks, hurricanes go up to category five? I invented that phrase. Nobody wanted to raise the number from four to five. But I thought we should have a category five."

Shauni

Well, they're not especially common I guess. Of all the shit you can criticize Trump for (and there is a huge goddamn pile that grows by the day), this seems pretty innocuous.

It is very common knowledge, man. You have to be incredibly sheltered to not know what there's 5 categories to a fucking hurricane, Jesus

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Also remember this comes from a guy that built an ocean front resort. You could plausibly make an argument that someone that has lived in Kansas their whole life might be excused from not having knowledge of hurricanes. But a real estate guy with beachfront properties nah...lmao

This means he received zero briefings on the storm in the week leading up to it, spoke to no one with the National Weather Service, and at no point spoke with a single government official in Florida because the intensity would have come up repeatedly. This should worry people more than not actually knowing the intensity.

geomon

Does this putrid orange fuck know anything? He doesn't know how to run a business. He doesn't know how the government works. I guess he knows how to file for bankruptcy and assault women.

Top Bottom