• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: ‘I never even knew’ a Category 5 hurricanes existed

Ferrio

Banned
Mr president, I'm about to blow your mind.

Vl0Sg10.jpg

edit: this is not top page worthy

scoobs

Well he's right about one thing; there have been bigger hurricanes and climate change is not the direct cause of these storms. Hurricanes happen, some are really bad, this has always been the case. Climate change is still a huge issue, but people blaming climate change for hurricanes is kind of silly.

Ri'Orius

Well he's right about one thing; there have been bigger hurricanes and climate change is not the direct cause of these storms. Hurricanes happen, some are really bad, this has always been the case. Climate change is still a huge issue, but people blaming climate change for hurricanes is kind of silly.

Nobody is saying hurricanes didn't exist before, but there's an undeniable cause/effect relationship between climate change, water temperatures and hurricane strength. To say otherwise is at best silly, and often willfully ignorant.

"Harvey and Irma aren't the only hurricanes!"

Dude doesn't know when to shut the fuck up. He's the kid you know that doubles down on his ignorance to try to show that he's not ignorant.

Zolo

"Harvey and Irma aren't the only hurricanes!"

Dude doesn't know when to shut the fuck up. He's the kid you know that doubles down on his ignorance to try to show that he's not ignorant.

He's pretty much the human example of "My ignorance is equal to your knowledge."

Because he has the best possible info at his command and still doesn't use it.

This popped up in my feed this morning, Trump/Obama on hurricane support and just sums up Trump perfectly.

1. Lie about Obama
2. Big himself up
3. Then add things to a quote the person didn't say.

"He said the best vote of his life."

No he fucking didn't! His desperation to be loved and for him to be shown in a good light is frightening, he's like a child who will say anything and everything they can to get a gold star in school. It's tragic that he is running your country :(

https://mobile.twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/908412299701972992/video/1

I'm pretty sure this is just a statement for the sake of making wild statements because he didn't have anything else interesting enough in his mind to say about it. It's child-like verbal diarrhea, I doubt that he didn't actually know what a category 5 was and much more that he would bother to say anything about it. Trump's MO is speak big no matter what, and "never" is one of his go to's no matter what's on the other side of the word.

rambis

Banned
No.

"Category 5 hurricane" is a pretty well known term.

But I also don't care what a "lot of people" know. He's the president.
....ok

Ehh maybe its common vernacular in places where there are frequent hurricanes. I honestly don't remember the last time hurricanes were even a topic in GA. I could easily see people thinking it stops at 4.

I hate Trump as much as the next guy but this is much ado about nothing.

“I just found out that when women sit down to pee, they’re not peeing out of their butts. It’s unbelievable. Turns out you can do more with a pussy than grab it. Who knew?”

Top Bottom