• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump 2018 Budget Proposal includes steep cuts to science, health, the poor

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-presidential-budget-2018-proposal/

Huge cuts to science, medical research, education programs for poor, health, EPA, arts. Big increase to military and homeland security to build his wall.

C7Av2GsWgAAJIiD.jpg

C7A5C7vWgAA8MH2.jpg

President Trump on Thursday will unveil a budget plan that calls for a sharp increase in military spending and stark cuts across much of the rest of the government including the elimination of dozens of long-standing federal programs that assist the poor, fund scientific research and aid America's allies abroad.

Trump's first budget proposal, which he named ”America First: A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again," would increase defense spending by $54 billion and then offset that by stripping money from more than 18 other agencies. Some would be hit particularly hard, with reductions of more than 20 percent at the Agriculture, Labor and State departments and of more than 30 percent at the Environmental Protection Agency.

It would also propose eliminating future federal support for the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. Within EPA alone, 50 programs and 3,200 positions would be eliminated.

The cuts could represent the widest swath of reductions in federal programs since the drawdown after World War II, probably leading to a sizable cutback in the federal non-military workforce, something White House officials said was one of their goals.

Make America stupid, poor, and sick again!

akira28

stupid, poor, unhealthy, paranoid, and well armed.

And reminiscent of north korea where the only institutions that get any attention are the military and authoritarian ones.

Amir0x

Banned
to put into context how bad it is, he literally cuts the entire funding for the elderly meal's on wheels program.

This is straight up social Darwinism writ large. Everyone fend for themselves, fuck your suffering.

He's such an idiot he can't see the reptiles need global warmin in order to breathe he's playing into their scaly hands

Also "states rights" lmao

Ac30

That cut to the state department, god damn. He's intent on not making friends.

Also, fuck your budget, fuck you Republicans, and fuck you Trump.

JackDT

Massive cuts to science, cutting Meals on Wheels entirely. But the Pentagon is super increased. What a wonderful world.

Ac30

20-30% cuts are nuts, what's he gonna do, funnel everything to the military and fuck over anyone else employed by and for the government? This is going to adversely affect employment... I've never seen cuts this deep, is this a first?

Amazing how it's never really an investment to better the lives of the American people with infrastructure and social benefits, but all about defense/weapons, pro-corporations, and keeping "others" at bay all to the detriment of the American people, just cut everything else that keeps us in good shape and checked.

20-30% cuts are nuts, what's he gonna do, funnel everything to the military and fuck over anyone else employed by and for the government? This is going to adversely affect employment... I've never seen cuts this deep, is this a first?

Biggest since World War 2. Also bonus

Budget for arts COMPLETELY WIPED OUT.

But we could get cooler guns and weapons with those things in the budget! oh well, guess I'll shelve my ideas for a positron nurilaztion rail launcher platform from the dimension of quatlu.

akira28

It's beyond not even funny how the Republicans do not give one single fuck about this country.

This country? fuck it. They love their country though. Big empty fenced in field with simple minded peasants, some soldiers, and great big city states full of gleaming white towers.

I don't think Lex Luthor could come up with a budget this evil.

Trump is basically Fat Lex from the 70s.
d2fY3ci.jpg

Amalthea

Banned
to put into context how bad it is, he literally cuts the entire funding for the elderly meal's on wheels program.

This is straight up social Darwinism writ large. Everyone fend for themselves, fuck your suffering.
"If they have no bread, why can't they just eat well done steak with keetchup?"

Dishwalla

Banned
Well he seems to be keeping his promise to help out veterans more, I do like that. That's the only positive I can see though.

It's beyond not even funny how the Republicans do not give one single fuck about this country.

This. They do not give a fuck about this country and it's insane that so many people haven't realized this over time and continue to screw themselves over.

Goddamn we're fucked, this just insane.

You're goddamned right Kevinroc, supervillains wouldn't come up with shit this evil.

Wow, get fucked Trump supporters. You people literally just killed yourselves.

This. Unfortunately hurting all of us with them. *sigh*

I always hated the line about "each person born today has 55k in debt from the national debt"

If you distribute it like how wealth is currently distributed, the wealthy is who should be accountable for that debt. Fallow the money. The money went to them.

Now what? Like, I'm serious. What the FUCK do we do now? Like I know this is preachy as all hell but what more can be done than just grovel? When will there any catharsis from this bullshit? Like, the travel ban getting temporarily overturned was one victory but stil, all of this, I'm just feeling despair and don't know what to do about it.

"hey don't wish ill on republicans on capitol hill! or your family or friends who vote for these misguided jabronis. we just need to sit down and have a 1 on 1 obviously"

anyone who can look at these cuts and keep saying that shit can get fucked. i'm sick of this shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom