• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump 2018 Budget Proposal includes steep cuts to science, health, the poor

Status
Not open for further replies.
vladimir-putin-laughing-gif.gif
Edit: While I doubt this will be passed, it is a terrible start and will be spun as being against the military if the budget is voted down.

Now what? Like, I'm serious. What the FUCK do we do now? Like I know this is preachy as all hell but what more can be done than just grovel? When will there any catharsis from this bullshit? Like, the travel ban getting temporarily overturned was one victory but stil, all of this, I'm just feeling despair and don't know what to do about it.

Yeah. This is nuts.

nelchaar

I just want to remind everyone that there is a planned protest/demonstration set up for April 22nd: "March for Science".

As a cancer scientist I plan to attend. This is bullshit.

Got

Banned
good stuff. i hope this at least results in some Trump supporters getting fucked up the ass by a baseball bat studded with stingray quills.

Now what? Like, I'm serious. What the FUCK do we do now? Like I know this is preachy as all hell but what more can be done than just grovel? When will there any catharsis from this bullshit? Like, the travel ban getting temporarily overturned was one victory but stil, all of this, I'm just feeling despair and don't know what to do about it.

Well the republicans are complete morons so it will have to be approved by congress so expect a lot of infighting and other BS with constant delays and stop gaps till 2018. Then please vote.

Amir0x

Banned
good stuff. i hope this at least results in some Trump supporters getting fucked up the ass by a baseball bat studded with stingray quills.

man that baseball bat is gonna cost way too much in our new devastated economy. go porcupine

Dai101

Banned

Come on man. Don't be like that.

Poor stingrays what ill they​ have done to you?

akira28

nope. that counts as managed care, and isn't funded by the new AHCA. Those trump supporters will have to go fuck themselves.

Why can't the country have an intelligent discussion on how big the pentagon needs to be given the goals of the country?

Trump constantly bitches about making other countries pay for their defense and not going into Iraq so why isn't he like, my way is great it means we can put money into education or paying down the debt or whatever. Instead he does the opposite?

America spends more on military in dollar terms than the next biggest by several factors and spends more as a percent of GDP than everyone big except for his boyfriend, Putin, who is in charge of a broken economy the size of Italy.

Is this an attempt to have the army protect his own skin? Does he plan to shoot down Isis hobby shop drones with 3 million dollar single use missiles? Is he thinking that perhaps there will be internal strife he has to deal with?

Dryk

Stripping everything to bone to poor everything into defence. Taking a leaf from the Soviet playbook are we?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Even if the GOP was able to get in line in the Senate, that budget will have Dems threatening their own government shutdown. Which 8 Democratic senators are going to sign off on this mess?

Or does it only take 51 votes? I was reading that the Senate passed a budget in 2015 with 51 votes.

Edit: its 51...well that's depressing

RuGalz

Is this an attempt to have the army protect his own skin? Does he plan to shoot down Isis hobby shop drones with 3 million dollar single use missiles? Is he thinking that perhaps there will be internal strife he has to deal with?

The man is insecure and this is the only way to make him feel big even though the spending should be less if he's going to make NATO pay. That's the only logical explanation I have.

Arttemis

Edit: While I doubt this will be passed, it is a terrible start and will be spun as being against the military if the budget is voted down.
Trump's own Secretary of Defense General Mattis says climate change is a matter of national security. Will be hard to spin this as anything other than radical.

14% from education? Insane.

After seeing all this bullshit in ONLY 3 MONTHS.

How the fuck anyone gonna tell me we shouldn't be divided?

Fuck a portion of this dumbass country. Burn in hell for all I care. This is fucking nuts.

wildfire

Banned
The State Department was already dead through decapitation so no-one there is going to react fast enough to this.

The EPA has been resistant but they are still at the mercy of Congress like everyone else.

The only way these agencies literally can survive in their current form is if we the people who also are resisting Trump started and maintained crowd funding campaigns to support them.

Occam

I wish all Republicans were forced to breathe polluted air, drink polluted water and eat polluted food every day until they die or stop being Republicans.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
This really is literally how wars start. There's no possible justification for an increase in military spending and those cuts will harm many people leading to conflict. This is how wars start

reKon

Banned
Words can't describe how upset this make me. I'm never like this, but I legitimately want the people who are happy about this to suffer. I don't give a fuck how misguided they are. They need to suffer severely.

Surely he can't get away with this? He's going to piss off so many people it's unreal.

Electing a rich businessman was clearly the right idea, America.

Budget doesn't mean much. It's the skinny budget anyway. Only top lines and such. Won't get the true meat of the budget for a while now. But regardless, congress will take this budget, rip it apart, then rebuild it as a political instrument that clearly defines their own (Congress's) priorities. most anything the president wants will take a back seat to a bi-partisan budget bill passed...and very little of the finished product can be credited to the Presidents Skinny Budget offered up March.

We forgot the lessons of the gilded age. or maybe we just wanted to relive it.

This (unfortunately).

Lucky for us, we just need to experience another market collapse, another great depression, and a 3rd world war to get to the other side (i.e., the 'New' New Deal)!

I wonder if it's just physically impossible Republicans to invest in their own country and people instead of trying to destroy others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom