• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Claims to Own an Original Renoir; Only Problem, the Original is IN A MUSEUM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syriel

The news is fake...and so are Trump's paintings. He obviously can't afford to buy the real thing so he pretends his copy is an original.

_98391562_decc4d74-9203-4a2e-b9e7-e4a01e241dc2.jpg

In a recent interview, Trump biographer Tim O'Brien said he was once told by the future president that his artwork was an original.

But the Chicago Institute of Art says the real painting, Two Sisters (On The Terrace) by Pierre-Auguste Renoir, has hung in its gallery for 80 years.

A museum spokesperson said it is "satisfied that our version is real".

"You know, that's an original Renoir," the author said Mr Trump had told him, adding that the property tycoon repeated the claim the following day.

"Donald, it's not," he recalled telling Trump. "I grew up in Chicago, that Renoir is called Two Sisters on the Terrace, and it's hanging on a wall at the Art Institute of Chicago.

"That's not an original."

The artwork was later apparently moved to Trump Tower, the author said, saying it was visible in the background of a CBS 60 Minutes interview that Mr Trump gave shortly after his election.

Counterfeit me if old.

Source:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41686623

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
The best counterfeit deals! Probably picked that up on Canal St

Fisty

I'm picturing Trump in a National Treasure-scale heist to swap the two paintings just to prove this guy wrong

Shoeless

I guess Fox and all the rest are just going to claim that the libtards and Democrats are spreading more fake news about Fine American Artists like Renoir, and Trump's unquestionable art historical expertise.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
He lies about the most pointless, easy to disprove things. Why? I don’t think I’ve seen him make a fully true statement since taking office, no matter how mundane the matter is.

He lies about the most pointless, easy to disprove things. Why? I don't think I've seen him make a fully true statement since taking office, no matter how mundane the matter is.

Because his entire sense of self-worth is built on a projection of glory and that he is second to none. If he does not have the actual means, he then claims he does, and calls anyone to challenge him a liar. Honestly, he probably just believes he is straight up the greatest man alive.

Busty

Banned
What if Trump is going senile and he's being ripped off left, right and centre by people claiming to have priceless works of art to sell him?

Imagine how much of tax payers money he's spent on bootleg Blu Rays of Infinity War only to find a CD-R of Shrek when he gets it home.

Upsetting.

jelly

It was probably a gift or bought from his mafia mates some unsavoury character. The circles Trump involves himself in.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"I don't know, that's just what people tell me. They told me it was an original Renoir. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom