• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump considering staff shake-up: reports

Tovarisc

President Trump is reportedly weighing a shake-up in his administration.

The president is considering a "huge reboot" that could include chief of staff Reince Priebus, chief strategist Stephen Bannon and press secretary Sean Spicer, Axios reported early Sunday, citing White House sources.

The move comes at the urging of longtime friends and outside advisers, according to the news outlet.

"He's frustrated, and angry at everyone," an unidentified confidant told Axios. "The advice he's getting is to go big — that he has nothing to lose," the confidant added. "The question now is how big and how bold. I'm not sure he knows the answer to that yet."
Sources also said Trump feels he is not being well-served by some members of his Cabinet.

Six West Wing officials also told The New York Times, meanwhile, the president is considering the most far-reaching shake-up of his first term after being dissatisfied with several top aides, especially Spicer.

The reports comes after the president last week fired FBI Director James Comey, a move that sparked controversy and outrage.

Source: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/333307-trump-considering-staff-shake-up-report

One another article I saw mentioned that Trump considers keeping only Ivanka and Kushner as his close advisers.

iammeiam

One another article I saw mentioned that Trump considers keeping only Ivanka and Kushner as his close advisers.

This isn't exactly super-shocking given everything we've heard, but since Kushner was also reportedly pro-kicking-Comey any reboot that keeps him is going to be just as much of a disaster.

I could see Trump rotating his staff out every few months; it's got to be easier to fire everyone and hire a new pack of sycophants than it is to actually come to grips with the way the government works.

I hope he shitcans Bannon just to watch Bannon try to fight back; beyond that swapping one set of yes men for another isn't going to do much.

LifEndz

The guy is so toxic at this point I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would agree to work for him.

Doubt Bannon would go but Spicey is definitely on the chopping block

Rumor is that Bannon basically has no real
sway after being taken off the NSA and starting all that shit with Jared. Common thought is that he's mainly being kept on because Trump doesn't want to 'go to war's with the alt-right since Bannon is sort of like their guy.

So I could see him just saying fuck it and axing him

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The guy is so toxic at this point I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would agree to work for him.

Oh I can totally imagine half of the white house staff actively working against him. Which is a good thing, if true.

Beartruck

Please let him shitcan several members of his cabinet. It would be hard to find people worse than the people currently in there.

Has this ever happened in other administrations?

He's past the 100 day mark wich he didn't want to fuck up with infighting and firings it's why he's so butt hurt about Flynn not because he's a Russian plant but because it hurt his 100 day image. He's just phoning it in now so he's a lame duck no matter what might as well shake it up a bit hoping he's hit bottom and it can only get better after a reboot and by better I mean better ratings not better legislation he's a narcissist after all and all he cares about is his image.

kmfdmpig

If he wants to fire someone, he should start by looking in the mirror and firing that guy. Go big, Trumpkins.

Yup. A resignation would be going big, and I think would be welcome by the overwhelming majority of Americans (not to mention others around the world). Pence is not really fit for office either, but he's quite a bit less bad than Trump.

Yup. A resignation would be going big, and I think would be welcome by the overwhelming majority of Americans (not to mention others around the world). Pence is not really fit for office either, but he's quite a bit less bad than Trump.

I feel like this is one repeat forever, but if Trump goes, Pence is right behind him. It'd be Nixon/Agnew all over again

theWB27

He's already grossly understaffed...so lets fire a bunch of other key positions and find people who are even more grossly unqualified to run the show because fuck it. Presidential ain't that important right now anyway.

He's one of the shittiest leaders I've ever seen.

Spartacus

giphy.gif

liquidtmd

Banned
"He's frustrated, and angry at everyone,"

Identifying Trump....yep, that's Trump.

Someone should whisper in his ear "You Know', Obama never would have resigned....Be the bigger man, show him who is boss"!

He can try.

Still having problems hiring people for his administration. Does he think it will be easier to get replacements for his top people. Fucking shambles that is.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I have got a better idea. Shut your fucking mouth and delete your Twitter account. Done. That's 90% of your problems going away right there.

HariKari

Ditching the goof troupe would be smart, they feed into his worst tendencies and roll over for him. But he also won't ever take no for an answer, so their replacements won't do much better.

Ditching Reince when you need the support of the party more than ever would be colossally dumb.

Well, he already did this twice during his campaign, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was something he'd be considering as a "solution" again.

Shogun413

That's what happens when you favor loyalty over competence. At this point it is going to be hard to find qualified people that want these jobs. It is clear that Trump just blames his own stupidity and incompetence on everyone else.

Top Bottom