• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump considering staff shake-up: reports

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The problems clearly arise from him. Spicer is very bad but he has an air of ineptitude which humanises the endless lies spewing from him. Replacing him with someone more competent will only magnify the lies.

digdug2k

That's what happens when you favor loyalty over competence. At this point it is going to be hard to find qualified people that want these jobs. It is clear that Trump just blames his own stupidity and incompetence on everyone else.
Competent people are/would 1.) tell him not to do the things he's trying to do and 2.) Would leak it to the press when he does illegal stuff. He doesn't want competent people. He just wants people he can shift the blame too when he fails. His problem is he's had to shift so much blame at this point, that he's running out of staff.

I wonder about the non awful people who work for this administration. I'm not sure what's better. Having enough moral fortitude to quit, or sticking around to try and keep him from totally destroying the States (and leaking to the press while you can).

giphy.gif

Reinse Preibus? for being inaffective and useless.

Bannon? slowly being shut out by Jared.

Spicy? Donald is obsessed with imagery and hates his potroyal on SNL by Melissa McCarthy

Future

He will be considering this every few weeks considering how much he fucks up every week.

Hint: the problem isn't his staff

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
My biggest hope other than impeachment is that once Spicer is fired he writes a tell all to just release all the hatred and fury that must be built up about Trump at this point.

I mean, I'd like to think that book would be amazing.

UberTag

Nah, it won't be huckster sanders. He's too shallow to have her as the face of his administration.

Currently, he is supposedly trying to get some Fox News anchors to take spiceys job. I suspect they may be smart enough to know that is a bad idea... we will probably end up with a true believer dude, or an attractive but vapid woman. (Tomi Lahren would be a trumpian choice).
I hear Bill O'Reilly is available. Donny should give him a call.

aw man not spicey!
he's kinda lovable in his total incompetence
i was hoping he would be the last man standing in this shitshow, ranting about gum and dippin dots before disappearing in the shrubbery

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
God help America if a natural disaster happens. Those people are going. To be screwed based on Trumps behavior

Dr.Acula

Banned
I honestly believe that at a certain point, Trump is going to try being a liberal to see if he gets more praise that way.

Could you imagine?

What if the Dems regain control of the House and the Senate and Trump starts talking about how single-payer is a very good system and how he'd sign a single-payer bill if it landed on his desk?

JABEE

The First Season of The President left much to be desired. The Season Two reboot made the show.

"How Trump views things"

Aselith

Could you imagine?

What if the Dems regain control of the House and the Senate and Trump starts talking about how single-payer is a very good system and how he'd sign a single-payer bill if it landed on his desk?

He already did go on record praising Australian single payer.

_Ryo_

My biggest hope other than impeachment is that once Spicer is fired he writes a tell all to just release all the hatred and fury that must be built up about Trump at this point.

I mean, I'd like to think that book would be amazing.

Trump is the kind of asshat that would have NDA-d everything.

akira28

lol "go big" is the advice he's getting? He's not releasing a new app, hes tryin to stay out of jail and avoid treason charges and maybe even the gallows.

Lmao a president has everything to lose constantly. Why else would their hair gray at such a ridiculous pace? This will backfire big time as family like Ivanka and Jared stay on with their large roles in the administration. They must have the mother of all bugout bags planes ready for the possibility that everything goes south.

Loxley

The guy is so toxic at this point I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would agree to work for him.

For the same reasons people like Bannon and Miller do - they're just as awful as Trump is, they want to get into the White House, and they know Trump is the only chance they would ever have at doing so.

Mathieran

Banned
A five star chef can't make a decent meal out of shit and dirt, and no staff can make a decent president out of a shitty, dirty president.

RPGCrazied

No amount of changing staff members is going to stop the Russia/Trump talk. No amount of firing, its all going to come out at some point.

This is a distraction.

Raxus

The problems clearly arise from him. Spicer is very bad but he has an air of ineptitude which humanises the endless lies spewing from him. Replacing him with someone more competent will only magnify the lies.

Honestly it isn't even his fault for the past few days. He had his story straight and then the Trump contradicts him hours later. His job is literally impossible. No wonder he is starting to hide in bushes.

Yup. A resignation would be going big, and I think would be welcome by the overwhelming majority of Americans (not to mention others around the world). Pence is not really fit for office either, but he's quite a bit less bad than Trump.

Again, just because Pence isn't a publicly loud manbaby doesn't make him not as bad. Pence is arguably worse than Trump. The last thing we need is someone semi competent in government pushing an identical agenda to Trump.

Ithil

Again, just because Pence isn't a publicly loud manbaby doesn't make him not as bad. Pence is arguably worse than Trump. The last thing we need is someone semi competent in government pushing an identical agenda to Trump.

He might be semi competent but he's also as establishment GOP as they come, and he won't have "won" the office. Thus he would have zero support from Trump's base, if anything they'd view him as a traitor for "stealing" Trump's office, and of course all democrats would be against him.

He would be the most unpopular president in modern memory because he wouldn't even have Trump's baseline support.

Top Bottom