• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump details how a war with Iran under his administration would start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Banned
i must have missed them. i'd love to read more. how close to Florida have Iranian warships been?
Iran not so much, but that's only because of the power they wield is not great enough to go fucking around with the US in its waters. China and Russia fuck with the US all the time, and Iran would too if it had the power.

Edit: besada said it better than I.

Brinbe

Trump is a complete danger to world peace and that's not hyperbole. That's exactly why every FP expert doesn't believe he's the least bit qualified to be President. Forget his lack of knowledge or his idiocy, his lack of proper patience/resolve/judgment/temperament is incredibly dangerous.

They do. Last year the Chinese sailed into American waters with war ships less than twelve miles from the Alaskan coast. We didn't send boats out to harrass them. A couple years ago, Russian subs were caught off the coast of Georgia. They've also been caught off the coast of Florida and California, as well as fucking around with undersea cables. In none of those cases did we send out boats or subs to get in their faces and taunt them, because no one is interested in getting into a shooting battle.

I imagine your intended point was that if the U.S. didn't have its ships all over the globe, they'd be safe from this sort of confrontation, which is not a bad point. Shame you wrapped it up in the idea that other foreign powers don't violate territorial waters.

well yea now that i think about it, of course the Chinese and Russians sometimes test America's reactions like that, because they've got big armies too. shouldn't have lumped them with Iran.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
well yea now that i think about it, of course the Chinese and Russians sometimes test America's reactions like that, because they've got big armies too. shouldn't have lumped them with Iran.

Iran has the 8th largest army in the world

Lucreto

I don't think it would take that much to provoke Trump. Khamenei could insult him over his wig on Twitter and Tehran would be a smoking irradiated hole the next day.

Crisco

Banned
To be honest the restraint shown by our Navy commanders to not turn those shitheads into floating debris is amazing.

Curufinwe

One of the debate moderators should ask Trump if he would threaten Mexico with nukes in order to make them pay for the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom