• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump finally becomes President as he dedicates Golf trophy to hurricane victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

“On behalf of all the people in Texas and all of the people of ― if you look today and you see what’s happening, how horrible it is, but we have it under really great control ― Puerto Rico, and the people of Florida who have suffered over this last short period of time with the hurricanes. I want to just remember them,” Trump said.

“And we’re going to dedicate this trophy to all of those people that went through so much that we love, a part of our great state, really a part of our great nation,” he added, before pivoting to talking about golf. “And I’ll tell you what ― I’ve been watching this thing from the beginning. And I have to say, our Team USA, wow, did you play well.”

Only 5 percent of Puerto Rico’s electrical grid is back up and running, and it could be months before residents get regular service back. More than half the U.S. territory remains without drinking water.

Trump is the first sitting U.S. president to present the trophy to the winning team, and the first sitting president to attend since 2000.

Trump, however, loves golf. Last weekend, as the crisis in Puerto Rico was unfolding, the president spent time at his own private golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey. Trump was there this weekend as well.

More here

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59d16811e4b05f005d3509cc/amp?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004

Lock if old

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
This can't be real. Wait, it's Trump.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I hope he brings the trophy to PR so they can beat him over the head with it.

Slayven

all of the people of ― if you look today and you see what’s happening, how horrible it is, but we have it under really great control ― Puerto Rico,

Can't even just say the name

Does he have speech impediment? I refuse to believe someone with such lack of command over their own native language graduated from an IVY league university without favors.

Volimar

Oh God. Trump, just...

DG5eiF6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom