• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump may look to replace Tillerson with CIA director Pompeo after 'moron' report

Brandson

You can't change the Secretary of State too frequently if you want that person to have any legitimacy internationally. It should really be 1 person, MAYBE 2, over the course of a Presidential term. The SoS' term should ideally be 3+ years. The SoS is generally allowed and expected to have his or her own opinions.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Take bets on if the 'suicide pact' is real?

I'm doubting it. Part of me hopes it isn't bc for some reason I trust Mattis. Probably unfounded but for some reason I do.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that a sitting US President would blow up his own cabinet over a simple insult that was probably only uttered in frustration.

Then again I still haven't wrapped my head around Trump actually being the president either.

Exile20

Tillerson you fucking idiot. You groveled and is still getting fired. No fucking self respect, you are already fucking rich.

I was really hoping Tillerson would come out and say "Yes, i said it and I will say it again. He is a fucking MORON."

Mnuchin response: "I am saddened by the loss of Tillerson, but it is very crucial and important that I continue to uphold and meet the goals and principles he and I both believed in for the future of our nation, such as Tax Reform."
You left put the part where he opens the little trap doors in his dress shirt so he can play with his nipples as he says this.

Hesemonni

Banned
Take bets on if the 'suicide pact' is real?

I'm doubting it. Part of me hopes it isn't bc for some reason I trust Mattis. Probably unfounded but for some reason I do.
Mattis, Kelly and to certain extent Tillerson are pretty much the only sane ones in there.

But I was told he had full confidence in tillerson and tillerson never called him that. If he's fired then how will I ever trust the president!

The clip I saw on Twitter this afternoon is as terrifying as it was funny. It was the one where he's with all the military people and he says 'a storm is coming.'

The guy is fucking deranged. He's like the villain from Austin Powers 4 or something

dankir

hahahahahahaah so if Tillerson goes then the only people left in that original oval office picture are Pence and Drumpf right?

iammeiam

You can't change the Secretary of State too frequently if you want that person to have any legitimacy internationally. It should really be 1 person, MAYBE 2, over the course of a Presidential term. The SoS' term should ideally be 3+ years. The SoS is generally allowed and expected to have his or her own opinions.

There is like zero chance Trump actually understands what SoS does, or why them having legitimacy internationally would matter.

I have to imagine most of this would have smoothed over if Tillerson had just denied the moron comment, but by giving the (one assumes Trump-mandated) press conference and not deny thing the statement, he opened Trump up to even more mockery. And in Trump's view of things, Trump looking bad is the worst possible outcome for international relations so tillers must pay.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Tillerson you fucking idiot. You groveled and is still getting fired. No fucking self respect, you are already fucking rich.

I was really hoping Tillerson would come out and say "Yes, i said it and I will say it again. He is a fucking MORON."
The really sad thing is that the only person from that camp to have ever done anything even close to that was Ted Cruz publicly denouncing Trump during his campaign.

Of course, then he went back in line and continued being the piece of shit that he is.

Alucrid

Banned
The really sad thing is that the only person from that camp to have ever done anything even close to that was Ted Cruz publicly denouncing Trump during his campaign.

Of course, then he went back in line and continued being the piece of shit that he is.

i don't think cruz was ever not a piece of shit. he was just a piece of shit calling out another slightly worse or perhaps equally terrible in different ways piece of shit.

Gutek

Mattis, Kelly and to certain extent Tillerson are pretty much the only sane ones in there.

Kelly is an imbecile that got hacked and didn’t bother to get his phone checked out when it wasn’t working correctly for months. He’s a liability. Why is there no public pressure to remove him over this?

Kelly is an imbecile that got hacked and didn’t bother to get his phone checked out when it wasn’t working correctly for months. He’s a liability. Why is there no public pressure to remove him over this?

Kelly to White House IT:

5ebc7e2d822c6ebcad057d3cde58f039d1bf93142f01fa0a19af3b8ebabc804c.jpg

Have axios insider articles ever been on the money? I just got turned off reading "legit" in the article.
I ask this in every thread that an Axios article gets posted in. They constantly have "inside leaks" but none of them have seemed to be legit. In fact a few of them have been debunked.

Top Bottom