• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump says he met with President of Virgin Islands (spoiler: that's Trump)

Syriel

Might also explain his attitude towards Puerto Rico if he thinks the same there.

Video clip:
https://twitter.com/ZackFord/status/918847518338965504

In a speech Friday, Trump said he'd recently "met with the president of the Virgin Islands" to discuss the recent hurricanes that have devastated Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico and the island.

But Trump could not have spoken to the "president of the Virgin Islands" because, of course, he is the president of the U.S. Virgin Islands, whose residents are U.S. citizens.

“I would not want to in any way involve the governor of the Virgin Islands in any national dispute in the media about what the president knows about the relationship between the United States and the U.S. Virgin Islands,” Sam Topp, deputy communications director for Governor Mapp, tells Newsweek.

"It doesn't serve our purpose to participate in the national hoopla over whether Donald Trump is making competent comments or not. Just look at the documents that govern the relationship [between the United States and the U.S. Virgin Islands], and you can determine how relevant or irrelevant, or advised or ill-advised, his comments were. There’s no president of the United States other than the president of the United States," Topp adds.

That ether, it burns slow.

You can tell that the comms director just wants to call Trump a moron, but is too polite to do so.

Source:
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-doesnt-know-hes-president-us-virgin-islands-684308

giphy.gif

Occam

You could fill many volumes with all the things Trump doesn't know.

Actually, it would be simpler to catalog only what he does know. It would be a relatively short list.

We let a man like this become president and he doesn't even fully comprehend the scope what's he the president of.

I know it's been months but it seems every day there is some crazy reminder of what we have done.

Good god, this man is president!?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's like he's some device by the Bush family to make George W. look much better in comparison.

Every day i find more difficult to find words to express my disbelief. The fact that he doesn't know his own country is just sad.
It's in the fucking name.

jimmypython

I was going to say he probably was reading from the teleprompter and blame Stephen Miller.

Then I saw the video...yep it was off teleprompter LOL

Top Bottom