• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump says he met with President of Virgin Islands (spoiler: that's Trump)

Foffy

Banned
How can you seriously not start wondering if Trump, like Reagan, is having his brain literally melt away?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It doesn't serve our purpose to participate in the national hoopla over whether Donald Trump is making competent comments or not.
Ah, there's my "is this real life?" moment of the day.

giphy.gif

Good lord, lmao. How rude.

People keep saying "it's in the name", but to be fair do we even know if Trump is aware it's the United States of America and not just America?

Best case scenario: he meant mayor.

Worst case: he's 100% making shit up, as he has done all throughout the election.

Both are terrible options.

Lorcain

I guarantee he believed the same thing about Puerto Rico until he was told they were actually Americans. In his mind it's like a technicality that they are US citizens, they're not really Americans to him.

IceMarker

I'm seriously interested in what a professional psychological exam on Trump would turn up. Even during his younger years.

Fisty

I bet he does this type of shit when he wants to go golfing. Official schedule book:

"THURS-SUN ALL DAY: MEETING WITH PRESIDENT OF PUERTO RICO"

I am so jealous of the universe where the US didn't vote in a racist moron and is still considered ok.
Given how his supporters have become. It seemed like this turn in the US was inevitable. Luckily a moron is doing all of these moves and not more intelligent or skillful people.

Edit: still sucks and I hate Trump. However, I think we were headed in this direction anyway and it possibly could've been worse if we had Clinton in 2016. In that timeline, Clinton has made the others even crazier and Republicans have a major wave in 2018 and 2020 meaning they gain control of congress, gerrymandering, governor seats and the presidency. I wish Clinton won too but I'm trying to look on the optimistic side. I think it's likely dems will gain control of Congress, gerrymandering and the presidency in 2020.

I wonder if a crazy person just said he was president of the virgin islands and trump just went along with it.

Quick, some call the whitehouse, say thier president of rhode island

cameron

In a speech Friday, Trump said he'd recently "met with the president of the Virgin Islands" to discuss the recent hurricanes that have devastated Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico and the island.

He met with his brain. He has a very good brain.
Asked on MSNBC's ”Morning Joe" who he talks with consistently about foreign policy, Trump responded, ”I'm speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I've said a lot of things."
http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-...s/2016/03/trump-foreign-policy-adviser-220853

How can you seriously not start wondering if Trump, like Reagan, is having his brain literally melt away?

I don't wonder. The Republicans are happy to pretend a mentally ill man (on top of being a racist, Russia's bitch, and a hundred other things) is perfectly suited for office for as long as they get an advantage from it.

Donald Trump makes George W Bush look like Barack Obama.

Bush was incompetent, led us into the greatest foreign policy mistake in decades with Iraq, and was all around a bad president.

But he at least showed he was capable of human decency and empathy. And when shit went south like with 9/11, his first reaction wasn’t “How can I make this about ME?” He definitely wouldn’t do petty, mean shit like that gif of Trump shoving that foreign leader out of the way or that fucking awful power-grab handshake he does.

Top Bottom