• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump says he will 'most likely' not take part in Fox debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Cody

Trumps opinion of Megyn Kelly is only partly to do with the debate. Her show is basically anti-Trump. Every night almost all of her guests criticize him. There is a consistent theme on her show. I'm not saying that she is wrong for doing this I'm just saying that she does not like him and her show is pretty much dedicated to tearing him down and promoting Jeb and then Rubio when Jeb faltered.

He responded to her in that debate more harshly than he has to other tough questions imo because her show up to that debate was calling him a joke candidate and a reality star.

On a side note it is interesting that Rand Paul's numbers went up when he skipped the FBN early debate.
Is this actually true? I have heard a number of people in this thread mention this. Do you guys actually watch the show every night or something? What is the basis for this commentary.

Not accusing, just curious.

Is this actually true? I have heard a number of people in this thread mention this. Do you guys actually watch the show every night or something? What is the basis for this commentary.

Yeah her show is basically Bash Trump Hour. I tune in occasionally just to see how she handles his poll increases and it's just the same old bashing. She dedicated a couple shows to that National Review issue on him.

Nibiru

Banned

I dvr it so ya I pretty much see it everyday. These shows are pretty short when you can skip the commercials and other crap. It's gotta be uncomfortable for the Fox talking heads to defend her when they know full well what her show is about.

Trumps opinion of Megyn Kelly is only partly to do with the debate. Her show is basically anti-Trump. Every night almost all of her guests criticize him. There is a consistent theme on her show. I'm not saying that she is wrong for doing this I'm just saying that she does not like him and her show is pretty much dedicated to tearing him down and promoting Jeb and then Rubio when Jeb faltered.

He responded to her in that debate more harshly than he has to other tough questions imo because her show up to that debate was calling him a joke candidate and a reality star.

On a side note it is interesting that Rand Paul's numbers went up when he skipped the FBN early debate.

Yep she has an agenda against Trump. Someone like that shouldn't be moderating a debate and definitely can't be fair and balanced as Fox likes to tout.

Tom_Cody

Yeah her show is basically Bash Trump Hour. I tune in occasionally just to see how she handles his poll increases and it's just the same old bashing. She dedicated a couple shows to that National Review issue on him.

I dvr it so ya I pretty much see it everyday. These shows are pretty short when you can skip the commercials and other crap. It's gotta be uncomfortable for the Fox talking heads to defend her when they know full well what her show is about.
Interesting.

Interfectum

I don't know why you guys don't like Trump... What a brilliant answer....any other politician would fudge a response...Trump tells it like it is...pure gold

Yeah man. He's racist as fuck but at least he's a straight shooter!

Trump 2016!!

danm999

But do you not think half of capital hill will hold horrible views, they just don't say them....I think he is a breath of fresh air

I think people find the half of Capital Hill that doesn't hold horrible views the breath of fresh air honestly.

cwmartin

Ah yeah, completely forgot about the Mexicans. I'd have just said he's islamaphobic but I guess he's quite broad with who he targets ...

Racist is not equal to hating black people. I hope you aren't implying that his islamaphobia as you put it is tolerable.

danm999

He's not exactly got a "great relationship with the blacks" either, despite what he claims.

I mean, he encourages his supporters to beat up BLM protestors and retweets fake racist stats about black on white crime.

Alrus

I've never heard him speak ill of black people ect?

Yeah, it's not like he tweeted that kind of shit right?:

F-Vvag7xPOFj81AxWrRYIcgWkxfI-XcskVw50Dw5lXTAYv8B5Agb3K1qcUbEFFIAsmss2-GyZCorvd0rguxRcKRLHisVxz5ISq6ZqWIBmanhvr_MW8aFzf18GKfH19h0adcE8Pvc

Sianos

Yeah, definitely. What I mean by that is that they are not, indeed, complete trains of thought. Taking two or three sentences out of multi paragraph posts is opportunistic. I don't always agree with the guy by any means, but judge him on his completed thought.

To use an example, the sentence about approaching the cop. The way it is presented in your link, you think his point is that cops must obey white males. The point he was making in his blog is that people have different perspectives based on their "privilege" in any given moment.

Anyway, my intent is not to get into the weeds and debate whether Scott Adams is correct on any number of points. My intent is to have people judge the guy on his entire thought process rather than reading a sentence here and there randomly taken out of much larger posts. I think that's a pretty good standard to set for oneself. Essentially: read the whole article.

TRUE, I'm being a bit unfair since I've read the articles and therefore can't really judge how clear the context is to a first time viewer because I already know what the context is.

The people should indeed decide by reading the posts in their entirety, and honestly the real "standout moments" will be all the more amusing by juxtaposition anyways. It's like skipping to the romance scenes in a bad fan fic - you have to EARN them.

It is fascinating how often Trump gets the benefit of the doubt from otherwise fairly intelligent people in the face of such overwhelming evidence and patterns of behavior.

Sianos

You know that neither one is a race, right?

oh man, the classic "'islam' and 'mexican' aren't races, therefore you can't be 'racist' against them"

people like you are the reason why humans do not deserve brevity

how does "demonstrating a consistent prejudice that manifests in the support of discriminatory policies against a group of people based on perceived cultural differences, most prominently the the visible phenotypic epidermal coloration influenced by melanin levels" work for you

do i need to break it down further

because you know i will

oh man, the classic "'islam' and 'mexican' aren't races, therefore you can't be 'racist' against them"

how does "demonstrating a consistent prejudice that manifests in the support of discriminatory policies against a group of people based on perceived cultural differences, most prominently the the visible phenotypic epidermal coloration influenced by melanin levels" work for you

because you know i will

In my experience, when he knows he can't play this stupid game any further he just disappears. So I wouldn't bother even engaging with this person.

danm999

It is fascinating how often Trump gets the benefit of the doubt from otherwise fairly intelligent people in the face of such overwhelming evidence and patterns of behavior.

I would argue they're not fairly intelligent people if they give him the benefit of the doubt given how obvious and brazen his racism is.

because you know i will

It's more accurate, except the bolded. That's your own inference. I haven't seen Trump mention anything about skin color. I could be missing something he said, in which case I'm happy to be wrong if you can provide some sources.

CrazyDude

Yeah, let's just blindly label people we don't agree with. Forget what the word actually means.

Yes, let us forget how he labeled Mexicans as criminals and rapists and Muslims as terrorists, but poor Trump is being labeled.
Race is more than just skin color. Muslims(whether they be from middle east or Indonesia) and Mexicans do have distinct physical characteristics and they are a group of people that share same culture, history, language, ect.
Race^2
1. Each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics
1.1 A group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group:
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/race

Race doesn't even exist, it is a term that was coined by white Europeans as way to categorize non whites as sub humans.

Also a majority of Mexican are part descendants of natives. Are you trying to tell me in your warped view of race that Native Americans do not count as one?

Alrus

It's more accurate, except the bolded. That's your own inference. I haven't seen Trump mention anything about skin color. I could be missing something he said, in which case I'm happy to be wrong if you can provide some sources.

This is... I don't know how to describe this. That level of obtuseness can't be in good faith.

Clefargle

But do you not think half of capital hill will hold horrible views, they just don't say them....I think he is a breath of fresh air

*inhales...AAaahhhhhhhh.... The sweet smell of racism in the morning.

You know that neither one is a race, right?

Ah, you're going to argue semantics when it comes to race? Lol

If you prefer citizens over non-citizens you are a racist

Omfg, what is going on GAF? Where did all these trump sympathizer come from?

This is... I don't know how to describe this. That level of obtuseness can't be in good faith.

Hey hey hey, he said illegal immigrants from Mexico are rapists, he didn't say BROWN illegal immigrants from Mexico are rapists.

I mean if you look at the statistic-*shot*

HylianTom

Banned
We're going to see a lot of pseudo-clever semantic games to justify/rationalize supporting a guy who espouses bigotry. Should be interesting to see how creative folks around here get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom