• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Surrogate Cites Japanese Camps as Precedent for Muslim Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Log4Girlz

sodapop.jpg

Who calls a carbonated drink other? Weird

They're reading they're just not answering because they know they fucked people. Next thread where someone suggest that they fucked up voting for the orange bastard without any of this obviously horrid context, they'll show back up to justify themselves.

And remember. It's our fault because we called people mean things like "racist" and... "racist".

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Somehow this doesn't seem to be an appropriate discussion to derail with soft drink regional dialect talk?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Time for George Takei to make another video.

And remember. It's our fault because we called people mean things like "racist" and... "racist".

Yep. We pushed them to it with our liberal, SJW ways. If only we'd kept our mouths shut, they could have better heard Trump say Muslim ban on TV. It's like a husband beating his wife and saying "Look what you made me do! You think I want to hurt you!?"

Nutter

This is just depressing as fuck.

Born and raised here, worked hard as fuck in school, have a good job and now I get to possibly witness my liberties taken away.

The notion's self evident ridiculousness is a shield that will protect it. So many people won't believe that the unbelievable media is saying we're doing an unbelievable thing.

Kite

Maybe this'll finally convince some members of my family that Trump is evil, our grandparents were in those camps.. lol wow

Hey, all you folks who were being so condescending in the threads about how people were reacting to Trump voters, who said stuff like, "I can't believe you'd cut someone off just because of a difference in political opinion."

Here's the "political opinion" you were talking about.

Eidan

THIS is why I will never stop shitting on Trump voters. THIS is the madness you decided to validate and empower.

ISOM

One of the wost decisions this country could have made is electing this man president. And a lot of the people who voted for him will stay in their bubble and ignore this.

Sera O

Banned
I was kidding when I told my sis we should investigate how we could assist an underground railroad effort to help persecuted minorities flee to Canada. But now I am seriously wondering what would be involved with that. This is going to very bad places if internment camps is even something they think is acceptable to bring up lightly. My impression is that the people who voted for trump won't give a shit or stand up for anyone.

So what can I do besides donate to aclu? I can only rescue marry one of you. And honestly if this seething white supremacist underbelly of the Internet is as influential as I think it is, we will be having our own struggles in Canada getting the message out that it's not acceptable as a country or as citizens of the world.

This is disgusting.

All this because of someone's religion.

These people want to punish American citizens for acts they had nothing to do with because all Muslims are "bad".

The fact that my brain is telling me that the media will not cover this in depth like they should is pissing me off.

Of course they won't. I mean notice the news doesn't even talk about the emails anymore....

On the not-completely-dark side, I feel like the Japanese internment doesn't have much of a presence in the public consciousness, so maybe this disgusting comment will get people talking about it?

Like, this seems like a pretty good way to remind people that it can happen here.

Here we go

This is how it starts. Hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

Where are those posters telling protesters to stop protesting and we all need to "get over it"? Those fucking drive-bys should be bannable at this point since there's clearly no defending it.

I like to see what they have to say about their "savior" now.

I said pop when I was a kid up until I was like, in my 20s?

Now I say "soda". Am I the wrong one?

On topic, This is what you voted for, "people who are worried about the economy".

Funny that I haven't heard very much from team Trump to deal with those concerns, but all the bigotry is going whole fucking hog right now.

Edit:

Megan Kelly was completely awful in her handling of that.

"Good to see you!"

She's awful 99.9 percent of the time.

SSPssp

Korematsu was never actually overturned right? So we're going to have to litigate this shit all over again aren't we.

No it wasn't, but even the late Justice Scalia thought it was wrong so the court won't stand for this bullshit if it comes to them again.

Korematsu was never actually overturned right? So we're going to have to litigate this shit all over again aren't we.

Not by the Supreme Court, no. It is (hopefully never 'was') considered dead in practical terms, though. Even Scalia listed it alongside Dred Scott as among the worst decisions by the Court in its history.

Edit: Heh, beaten. Agreed that the Court (at least as currently constituted) would never approve of a repeat, but I doubt anyone in Trump's administration would actually consider or attempt to enforce any kind of internment along those lines. Citing Korematsu as good precedent was bad enough, though.

Shadybiz

Well guys...at least we avoided getting that evil woman with her emailz into the White House, right??

mmm...and he hasn't even been inaugurated yet...god.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Woooow

When even Megyn Kelly is going "holy shit you're a racist nutcase", you know something's wrong.

THIS is why I will never stop shitting on Trump voters. THIS is the madness you decided to validate and empower.
Yup. They had no fucking excuses.

HotHamBoy

Nothing. They are fine with this. TRUMP CAMPAIGNED ON THIS SHIT. DONT ACT SURPRISED.

Yeah, it's like how Hillary's campaign thought her best attack against Trump in her ads was pointing out what a mysognist asshole he was. That's what a lot of his supporters like about him!

I garauntee you a lot his supporters would say that it might not be a bad idea.

Nepenthe

I'm not mad at this. I'm not even mad at Trump supporters. I'm mad because milquetoast progressives are going to make calling this bigoted crap out for what it is into an argument because it makes the right defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom