• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trusted Reviews Platform of the Year is...

Bryank75

Banned

Congrats to PlayStation, well deserved. Delivered some fantastic games through the year and all the way back to PS5 launch.
Next year is looking great too!

Rankings

1. PlayStation
  2. PC
  3. Xbox
  4. Nintendo
  5. Stadia

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
season 3 chaos grenade GIF by Billions

TrueLegend

PC coming in second this year. Yeah Nah. Valheim and New World alone engulf everything else on other platforms. Even though I really liked what Sony offered and Microsoft is offering in the coming months. And I don't play Valhiem and New World. But more than any other year this year belongs to PC.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
PC coming in second this year. Yeah Nah. Valheim and New World alone engulf everything else on other platforms. Even I really liked what Sony offered and Microsoft is offering in the coming months. And I don't play Valhiem and New World. But more than any other year this year belongs to PC.

Let's be honest here, the last time the pc realm could be considered top of anything was literally decades ago in the 90s, aka the golden age of pc gaming, and a janky survival game and another one that chews through 3080's isn't going to change that.

So, fellow pc gamers, you're probably best to just sit down and wait for the next console port to release and take what you can get.

3gsM.gif

Last edited:
Very surprising because it's been the worst year for PlayStation in terms of output since 2014 imho. Only really put out the decent Returnal and the terrible Ratchet.
I feel that way as well, but honestly if people wanted to game on PS they did have stuff to play. Really all 3 consoles are putting out stuff I'm into. Personally, I would disagree with the Trusted Reviews Readers' Choice consensus on this one, but it's not like I can't get why people would vote for PS if they liked the games. A few of the major exclusives didn't connect with me, but they were still well made games - and multiple of them. Returnal, Kena, Ratchet, Resident Evil 8, FIST, etc.

Everyone should have had plenty to play this year, regardless of the system.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Very surprising because it's been the worst year for PlayStation in terms of output since 2014 imho. Only really put out the decent Returnal and the terrible Ratchet.

Dunno what Ratchet you played but I loved Rift Apart...was incredible,

Fluid gameplay, the anti-gravity boots, the matrix like dodge.... all the new weapons and secondary functions and the boss fights were just pure fun.

Only complaint was, it was a bit short and there could have been more optional side activities.

yurinka

Big time, Guilty Gear is damned amazing.... so glad I gave the series a try finally.
Sadly I don't have time for it, but it's the trendy game for the FGC. People love it.

And it's understandable: it has top tier visuals, gameplay and netcode. I don't know if they already fixed it, but its lobby was a bit of a mess. If they improve it, this game will become a classic.

Last edited:

Markio128

Say what you like about PS5 output, but I’ve personally enjoyed a solid year of gaming and next year is only going to get better, complimented beautifully by whatever gems are released on Switch and Series X.

arvfab

Banned
Well deserved. I would have put Nintendo second and PC third.

But why is Stadia on any list? Make the list shorter if you don't have any alternatives 😂

Rush2112

Banned
stop rooting for corporations. See what happend to CDPR and blizzard? Sony made good games, they got their money. They don't need sexual favors.

Topher

Gold Member
Clicked on the link and said "Oh it's a fan poll"

Looked at their "Expert" Awards that were revealed yesterday

ejSuxon.png

wtf is this thread

Wow.....Switch didn't even make the staff nominations.

Other wins I found notable:

Best game:

The best game award goes to Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart.

Best gaming headset

The best gaming headset award goes to the Audeze Penrose, which showcased fantastic audio quality and luxurious design.
(shout out to my man FrankWza FrankWza )

Best GPU

The best GPU award goes to the Nvidia RTX 3070. In what has been a very competitive category, the RTX 3070 came out on top thanks to its superb balance between price and performance.

Best GPU should have been vacated. There is no "balance" between price and performance in the GPU market.

TrueLegend

Never heard of them, waits... maybe New World.
That's that Amazon game isn't it.
Anyway my point is in reality they seem like a speck of dust to everything else.
And you said Engulfed 😂
People said the same thing about Animal Crossing last year and Hades too until they got nominated for awards.
Valhiem - More than 7 Million Copies

Resident Evil Village - 10 Million
Ratchet and Clank - 1.1 Million
Returnal - 600,000
Pyschonautes 2 - 200,000 + Gamepass
Hitman 3 - ?

Those are the numbers for this year. All PlayStation exclusives combined can't match the number.

New World has more than half a million concurrent players already, it will easily surpass Ratchet.

And before you say but that's not the figure for September that goes for Valhiem too. Also, Last Ratchet sold 1.1 million.
The new one at best will go to 2 million. Thats why Jim Ryan was saying gating sucks.

So yeah Engulfed. Come out of your pond. Atleast put up a good argument.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
People said the same thing about Animal Crossing last year and Hades too until they got nominated for awards.
Valhiem - More than 7 Million Copies

Resident Evil Village - 10 Million
Ratchet and Clank - 1.1 Million
Returnal - 600,000
Pyschonautes 2 - 200,000 + Gamepass
Hitman 3 - ?

Those are the numbers for this year. All PlayStation exclusives combined can't match the number.

New World has more than half a million concurrent players already, it will easily surpass Ratchet.

And before you say but that's not the figure for September that goes for Valhiem too. Also, Last Ratchet sold 1.1 million.
The new one at best will go to 2 million. Thats why Jim Ryan was saying gating sucks.

So yeah Engulfed. Come out of your pond. Atleast put up a good argument.
Is there something wrong Spider-Man: Miles Morales & Ghost of Tsushima?

PS5 clearly had the better first year library, but there's a long way to go.

I have a harder time comparing Switch and PS5/Xbox. Switch and one of the other two is basically mandatory imo. Really, I can't imagine not owning all three. Stadia can GTFO though.

TrueLegend

'ghost of tsushima'
Miles Morales Release Date - 12 November 2020

You think a rerelease of a game will sell millions of copies.
Ghost of Tsushima itself originally sold 6.5 million copies, same for miles.

Any more beating you need.
Here, Demon's Souls - 1.4 million copies.

Should we start considering 2018 games now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom