• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truth & Trolls |OT| The Brothers Were Right

Gold Member
What do you mean, no game?

People are "final beta testing" as we speak!

Ge190hh.jpg

For just $9.99 you can join in the fun and grab that chance of a swag bag!
Damn!!! I'm going to miss beta!!! FFS!!!

*cries*

I need a swag bag in my life...

*runs off to sign up*

TOYCOFFIN

Banned
I've been following this thread for a while out of curiosity, but one thing is for certain--foobarry is what I'd considered obsessed.

Gold Member
I've been following this thread for a while out of curiosity, but one thing is for certain--foobarry is what I'd considered obsessed.
Meh, there's worse things to be obsessed about. At least he isn't some crazy stalker type like some of Susan's KS buddies.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

That's not foobarry. That's George Costanza. Show some respect unless you want Susan to sue your pants off.

Gold Member
I dunnoooo, he's the #1 poster, and #3 is like 85+ posts behind, lol.
Well if post count is representative of obsession most of us our obsessed with something or another on here. I'd say he was passionate about the subject, but that's no bad thing she pissed me off with her bullshit and lies too - It was like pulling teeth reading the original thread.

inm8num2

Take a look at the My Story tab at truthandtrolls.com....

So, Susan burned $12k on shipping koozies to 372 backers? :) (372 is the amount of people pledging $15 or higher, so that they would receive at least a koozie.) That's $32 a person. Those are some expensive koozies.

I love how she then admits she also spent the other $12K on "technology and equipment". Probably a new iPhone and some shoes. Surely Susan needs to be able to make a few important phone calls to make this the best game ever. And she needs to represent Kenzie at Indiecade. You need classy shoes for that.

And yet Susan started shipping all the "Keep Up!" bullshit apparel within a week or two of the kickstarter finishing, since she already had them on hand as leftovers from a previous scam attempt.

Which one of Susan's friends is TOYCOFFIN? We know another friend (was it "Julie"?) already posted here.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
And I paid dearly for it, haven't I, having to attend all those Susan trust fund meetings with those people who despised me! When will this witch hunt end!?

When Little Jerry starts struttin' his stuff! Susan won't see it coming!!

Tamaleeeeee!

This thread gives me permanent brain damage at every absurd turn.

Zx3STm3.jpg

I'm guessing Kenzie is trying to put another stupid script in there. Shoulda listened to Philip Tan... at least the website got better.

UrJYLJ2.jpg

inm8num2

[IMGs]http://i.imgur.com/Zx3STm3.jpg[/IMG]

I'm guessing Kenzie is trying to put another stupid script in there. Shoulda listened to Philip Tan... at least the website got better.

[IMGs]http://i.imgur.com/UrJYLJ2.jpg[/IMG]

Yea, well, at least Susan is there to make sure the kid doesn't cause any delays from wanting to make the game better.

inm8num2

Well, surely the game should be buggy. That's the whole point of having your backers do all the beta test work, right?

These lazy, entitled backers who keep asking for the game didn't even help Susan with planning the new budget after she got a free $2000 laptop.

These lazy, entitled backers who keep asking for the game didn't even help Susan with planning the new budget after she got a free $2000 laptop.

These people just don't understand The Real Entrepreneurship, of which Susan is a big fan.

As do the trolls:

Susan Wilson said:
FundHer ‏@FundHer 26 september

@br @IndieCade @GamerCEO & family gearing up! Wonder if any haters will quiz my kids & apologize? A girl can dream.... IndieCade15=15% OFF

DavidKS

Neo Member
" keep checking your email for your exclusive beta invite " ... and then a form right under it to enter your details to sign up to help beta test the game

Sigh

inm8num2

People submitting their emails are going to get spammed with updates on Susan's other scams and entrepreneurial ventures.

People submitting their emails are going to get spammed with updates on Susan's other scams and entrepreneurial ventures.

I really wonder if any of those ventures ever produce anything tangible at all (yeah, I know: she shipped some koozies). Or if it's all just hot air.

Like she removed the part on Fundher.com where she promised 100 "lucky winners" to teach them how to raise $20K in 2 days. Now it's just another store front for her lame (and ugly) T-shirts.

Fusebox

Banned
Lol Shaneus! Digging the new avatar too man.

He's the hero we need and the hero we deserve. Props to foo for keeping us all updated!

DavidKS

Neo Member
"Has anyone gotten an invite? When I go to the page it says I have to pay 9.99 without the invite. Just curious if anyone got an invite."

Never seen so many people want to "beta test" a 15minute game that should have been released 2 months ago

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Hey, it can't be as bad as some the shit that's been released on Steam in the last few months.

..or maybe it is. I'm expecting a truly generic RPGMaker RPG that's ultimately forgettable and disappointing at the same time.

DigitalOp

Banned
Take a look at the My Story tab at truthandtrolls.com....

So, Susan burned $12k on shipping koozies to 372 backers? :) (372 is the amount of people pledging $15 or higher, so that they would receive at least a koozie.) That's $32 a person. Those are some expensive koozies.

I love how she then admits she also spent the other $12K on "technology and equipment". Probably a new iPhone and some shoes. Surely Susan needs to be able to make a few important phone calls to make this the best game ever. And she needs to represent Kenzie at Indiecade. You need classy shoes for that.

Been lurking every once and a while....

Why the FUCK hasn't this bitch been called out on her shit?!?!

The mother, not the daughter...

You see posters getting anal over the most trivial shit on ever forum but when theirs blatant abuse and fraud going on, nobody seems to give a rat ass...

Mysteries of the fucking internet. Regardless of my involvement, its infuriating that people allow this type of shit to exist and pat it on the back..

epmode

You see posters getting anal over the most trivial shit on ever forum but when theirs blatant abuse and fraud going on, nobody seems to give a rat ass...

People cared when it was happening. But it's small scale fraud and PC only so there isn't all that much interest.

I think the Gridiron Thunder + Ouya thing was even worse but that got less attention.

malfcn

Murphy's Rule Update: Unforeseen, laughable circumstances delayed the beta rollout. We're still working on full rollout but will extend the time so it all works out and kicks off on Kenzie's birthday!

9/30 START! YOU DIDN'T MISS IT!

Is this real life.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Murphy's Rule Update: Unforeseen, laughable circumstances delayed the beta rollout. We're still working on full rollout but will extend the time so it all works out and kicks off on Kenzie's birthday!

9/30 START! YOU DIDN'T MISS IT!
Is this real life.

At least she's somewhat honest. It is quite laughable that the game probably doesn't even exist at this point :D

Twinduct

Are you saying Truth & Trolls will be a launch title for the SteamBox? :D

Truth and Trolls IS the steambox! An open* platform for every** developer to release their games on! Finally a platform that doesn't discriminate***!

* Access to full store is prohibited until a once off donation of $50 to a fundher project Of Susan or one of Susan's friends. Case of Ice Chilled wine presented to Susan is also accepted.
** "Every" in this term is used to replace 'Female Children Between the Ages of 7 - 30' under the supervision of Susan.
*** Anyone who question's the exact intent of Fundher, Susan Or Susan's actions (referred to as 'Haters' & 'Trolls') will not be allowed to download or develop for this platform. No boys/ Males either.

Truth and Trolls IS the steambox! An open* platform for every** developer to release their games on! Finally a platform that doesn't discriminate***!

* Access to full store is prohibited until a once off donation of $50 to a fundher project Of Susan or one of Susan's friends. Case of Ice Chilled wine presented to Susan is also accepted.
** "Every" in this term is used to replace 'Female Children Between the Ages of 7 - 30' under the supervision of Susan.
*** Anyone who question's the exact intent of Fundher, Susan Or Susan's actions (referred to as 'Haters' & 'Trolls') will not be allowed to download or develop for this platform. No boys/ Males either.

truth and trolls will be an exclusiv to the mackenzie-boxation. kickstart it now to help fundher for a mere price of $120! do it to help her get through college!

You people start to think like Susan.

Whichever it is, she has to stall the beta release for just 3 more days. That's when IndieCade takes off.

After that she can stuff the site again with stories and videos of the landslide victory that was the panel with Kenzie in it. Maybe even post some pictures of her, Chris Avellone and Brenda Brathwaite, like the Warren Buffett one. So that the backers can see for themselves that their money was a good investment.

Twinduct

You people start to think like Susan.

Whichever it is, she has to stall the beta release for just 3 more days. That's when IndieCade takes off.

After that she can stuff the site again with stories and videos of the landslide victory that was the panel with Kenzie in it. Maybe even post some pictures of her, Chris Avellone and Brenda Brathwaite, like the Warren Buffett one. So that the backers can see for themselves that their money was a good investment.

I really want to see the panel. I can't even start to think why they were invited (other than riding the publicity). Calling it now though, game 'beta' will go live during/ before the event. Mainly so that they can hide the terrible outsourced gamemaker clone during the panel.

is the beta drm-free

it had better be drm-free

Yes, but there will be in game advertisements for fundher.com and the Truth&Trolls Geek Shop. If you unlock the in game Keep Up! T-shirt (which improves your in game hustling skill) you will automatically enter the incubateHer program.

The incubateHer page is still online btw, she just had the hyperlink removed from fundHer.com. Which is weird, because she was really making a difference for those 100 "lucky winners", right? Right? The september winners supposedly started their course yesterday. I wonder who those winners are. You'd expect Susan to want to tell the world about making those 10 happy, and change their lives...

TomPUH

This is going to be E3 game of the forever, Keighley will be gushing about how great this game is all the way upto the next E3 where Susan will pick up the award.

What do you mean her daughter made the game?

This is going to be E3 game of the forever, Keighley will be gushing about how great this game is all the way upto the next E3 where Susan will pick up the award.

What do you mean her daughter made the game?

I want a signed poster of Keighley wearing a Keep Up! T-shirt, drinking a can of soda wrapped in a Keep Up! koozie and eating Keep Up! flavoured Doritos. :)

It's time to reboot Waqar's Quest. We must!

But.. but... wait, Susan is almost ready!

The leading lady of indie game development has shed some light onto the current situation:

Susan Wilson about 4 hours ago

Sorry, we overcomplicated the whole beta process. Prefinery is AWESOME but overkill for us. So look for a dropbox link to download the game (which should take you longer than 15 minutes btw). Also, I just want to thank the backers again. Kenzie didn't keep any of the money but she NEVER would have been able to make THIS game without it.

As anyone who's done a kickstarter knows, 1/2 the proceeds went to reward fulfillment & shipping (so basically Vistaprint and USPS - not any entities or products we owned or anything like that so we did not get a kickback or anything). The other 1/2 of the money went to pay for software and equipment as well as actual pay-for-hire fees to indie artists and programmers - kids and grown ups. I'm sure eventually they'll step forward and validate what I'm saying but they're a little nervous of any backlash so we're respecting their privacy. BUT AGAIN, thank you for your support and your patience.

So there are actually programmers (who don't want to be associated with it apparently) working on this 15 minute game, yet they are still 2 months late? :) I still don't get why a 9 year old needs a beta process anyway.

Also what happened to Kenzie learning how to make games? I hope at least these programmers are female! Clearly the brothers were right. Susan says so herself here: Without the KS money we hadn't hired artists and programmers, and Kenzie wouldn't have been able to make this game.

Still think she's flat out lying about 1/2 of the money being spent on reward fulfillment too.

Still think she's flat out lying about 1/2 of the money being spent on reward fulfillment too.

Especially when all the good fulfillment went out just about a day after the campaign was over. Sure she can look at it as a cost that she was recouping, but she shouldn't act like she had to go out and get the goods. There is no way, even with a month long Kickstarter that you would do a run of goods before you knew how many you should order.

I could be wrong, but don't think I am. 10 days after the campaign finished there is a comment that someone getting their koozie.

Also, how are bad shipping practices now being leveraged as ammunition to why the game is being delayed? This project didn't need money from the start, and is now I guess delayed because it lacked a budget?

I'm sure as others have said in this thread it will come out by indiecade this week/weekend, just so photos can get plastered all over the website.

I died at the part about the collaborators being paid and then not wanting recognition. What kind of world is this? Oh yeah, a world where NONE OF THAT HAPPENED EVER.

So there are actually programmers (who don't want to be associated with it apparently) working on this 15 minute game, yet they are still 2 months late? :) I still don't get why a 9 year old needs a beta process anyway.

Well I guess the idea is to get her into a good process, so making sure she's versioning and not just risking all her good work being ruined because of coding iss-hahahaha no sorry, I couldn't keep up being serious about this project. It's all just bullshit excuses

I guess if nothing else you can say Susan has at least researched game development enough to make *almost* reasonable excuses for the games delay while making it sound like Kenzie is making "progress" because they've now learned how to use these fancy software thingy-ma-bobs!

Also what happened to Kenzie learning how to make games? I hope at least these programmers are female! Clearly the brothers were right. Susan says so herself here: Without the KS money we hadn't hired artists and programmers, and Kenzie wouldn't have been able to make this game.

See I could understand hiring artists to help form your vision if your talent is in the coding, but not so much the visual. But even then this would of been perfect incentive for Susan to capitalize on the opportunity for her daughter and ask those willing to give her a few primers on pixel art, art design ect.

It's her game, should of meant most of the work was her, but eh, this game will never be released anyway, that last update pretty much suggests all the money is gone already...? which is weird, isn't that an awful lot of money to blow super quick? Makes me laugh how they can go and say software packages are too "pricey" for this project, when the Kickstarter money is there to cover those costs anyway!

Top Bottom