• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turkey blocks access to WikiLeaks after ruling party email dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggy

Turkey's Internet watchdog has blocked access to the WikiLeaks website in Turkey, it said, after the whistleblower organization released nearly 300,000 emails from the ruling AK Party.

The Telecommunications Communications Board said on Wednesday that an "administrative measure" had been taken against the website - the term it commonly uses when blocking access to sites.

http://reut.rs/2ab27wC

Anyone's surprised?

In before "but Erdogan was democratically elected".

Sinfamy

I'm glad I visited Turkey in 2000.
I wouldn't step foot there and support a dictator today.

NATO needs to put pressure on his ass to step down.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Such a useless action. 99% of the emails are gibberish, the really juicy ones will get shared over twitter and whatnot anyway.

Edit: btw been following what has come out of this and it seems a bit of a dud. Some bribes here and there, some weird love stories and alot of penis enlarge spam mails. Oh well it's still early, lets see what they can dig up.

Did they just get these emails? If they were sitting on them there is little point releasing them after a failed coup which only consolidated Erdogan's power.

Yeah and enough with the "but Erdogan was democratically elected" BS. Opposing a coup does not mean you condone Erdogan's actions once that coup failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom