• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn 10 Hear the Complaints, Respond with Weekend DLC sale. Buy now!

GorillaJu

Wow we're so happy to hear that you're as excited about our great product as we are! We understand that you're just dying to get your hands on our fabulous cars, and we're sorry for not having given you such a great deal earlier!

Will we respond to actual complaints that the game is structured around micro-transactions? Of course not! You wouldn't be able to take advantage of this great deal if we did! ^ ^

We hear you are unhappy with microtransactions in our $60 launch title for a $500 unproven game console, so here is a two day discount on our microtransactions.

Some balls, there.

Whats kinda (even more) offensive is that the discount will really mostly matter for expensive cars. And this early in the game's life most people wouldnt be close enough in the ingame economy to get those expensive cars with the discount while it lasts. So basically if you want the really expensive cars, now its a matter of "Pay us X next week" or "Pay us X/2 within the next few days as a special offer" to save some grind.

Its disgusting on a whole new level.

Alright. Fuck turn ten. I'm done.

I love the physics model and realistic driving of forza.. It's a joy to play.. But Fuck every decision outside of that. I want to drive an indy car in this game.. And I can't go that. I paid for a game that included this fucking car.. But if I don't spend the next 100 hours grinding races on the same boring ass tracks over and over I can't fucking experience it. This sale is so insulting. It's a marketing experiment plain and simple. If they see a huge influx in sales this weekend they will lower everything to this price point permanently. Ontop of all this bullshit you stripped the game of many features in previous forza... Including my beloved drag racing mode.

Out of spite... My copy is going on eBay.

Fuck Dan and everyone at turn ten for selling us an unfinished product at full retail price and then expecting up to pay excessive amount of money just to bring it on par with previous titles in the same series of games.

LOL

They are basically apologizing but at the same time they still asking ridiculous amounts of money for cars on a 60$ game. With the cheap trick that is actually an amazing temp offer!

Well, yes, because you're spending money that you otherwise wouldn't have.

not if multiple cars he's been grinding for are now affordable due to the 50% reduction. He's not buying tokens, he's using in-game credits. the 50% reduction in tokens is rather insidious though. I think if they genuinely regretted their attempt to fleece people, they wouldnt attach a token discount (no pun) to their weekend firesale

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty good fix. Even their temporary fix bolsters the economy to reward in-game credits over tokens, and doesn't shit on people who already bought tokens. Win-win for the consumer, no matter what consumer you are. What's the problem here when it benefits LE buyers, normal players who play for their credits and people that want to pay to win?

Most of the posts in this thread did not read the bit about them tweaking the token economy at all, wow. No time to read, only time to rage. That's the core of the complaints addressed head on. They will do something about it the thing people said they should do something about. If that means a drastic reduction in tokens to FM3/4 levels alongside an payout boost to make up for the game design changes, I would be curious as to why people are still raging then if they haven't been the past few years. Perfect scenario is still that they remove the system altogether, but if they won't do that they can still make it better or at least in line/comparable to F3/F4 which nobody was very offended at for the time. Microtransactions reduced in value to the point where only suckers would buy them, without effecting the economy of "legitimate" players.

Nicktals

Banned
To be fair, that may be the option you would like, but it's not the ONLY option. It just needs to be refined with agreeable prices both in game and these token things.

Nope, it's the only option. Sorry. If you feel you need to charge me 70 dollars to give me a full game, then fine. If you need to delay the game a month to include that DLC, fine. When you put a product out for full retail price, it better be a full game. Don't look for ways to talk me into a contract. I'm not a phone. Don't look for ways to sell me a boost for XP, or easy access to a top-tier gadget. You aren't a free to play game.

I understand your point, and I get that there are good instances, and bad ones, and there are some things that work, and some things that don't, but ya know what? On this issue, I'm black and white. Try to fuck me over as much as you want in a free game. The second any of those practices switch over to a full product, I will refuse to buy your game. i don't care if you give me a great bargain to unlock content...I gave you $60...fuck off.

So basically they 'hear the fans' talking about how ridiculously overpriced and monetized the game is, and they respond by having a weekend sale where cars will be 50% off, but still ridiculously overpriced and monetized? SMFH

Aaron

'We're sorry for making you pay or grind to unlock cars for the $60 game you just bought, so how about you pay us even more so you have more cars to grind or pay to unlock?'

i'm glad that the reaction made them change their way of thinking , if only a little , this is a nice first step .. but as of now more is needed. The real thing we should wait for is the economy balance updates ..players are easily bored so they should make them ASAP.

alatif113

"Starting this Friday we’re offering a 50 percent discount (credits & tokens) on every car in the game."

Edit: *This discount will be available between 12:01 a.m. Pacific on Friday, Nov. 29 and 11:59 p.m. Pacific on Sunday, Dec. 1.

:(

Somehow i think this is even a further attempt to get people into the microtransactions. Similar to how store sales work, they think people will get the "omg its 50% off, I must get it now before the deal is lost forever" mentality and purchase credits and tokens.

WarMacheen

i'm glad that the reaction made them change their way of thinking , if only a little , this is a nice first step .. but as of now more is needed. The real thing we should wait for is the economy balance updates ..players are easily bored so they should make them ASAP.

They didn't change their mind lol. They lowered the price point to see if that would be something to get people to purchase. If they changed their mind the "sale' would be permanent or tokens removed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They didn't change their mind lol. They lowered the price point to see if that would be something to get people to purchase. If they changed their mind the "sale' would be permanent or tokens removed.
Their statement does not disclude the possibility of tokens being removed or marginalized via the economy to the point where they're not worth worrying about if you are the average consumer.

I don't get why people expect these huge corporations to make snap judgments about things that affect their effective business models, even if they're as greedy as T10's. They're not as autonomous as a Valve or something in that regard. You gotta shit the bed quite harder like shipping a legitimately non-functional game to knee jerk that hard. If they don't have a statement a week to two weeks from now, it's cause for concern if they're sweeping it under the rug.

Gattsu25

Banned
"We've listened to you and we'll do the right thing and remove our microtransaction cash grab. But first... please buy as much as you can for 50% off. This weekend only. Act now!"

Ugh. This is a hollow gesture and nothing more. I'm willing to bet that this black friday sale was always going to happen.

Jetku

I have no interest in Forza or any sim racer, but this is dispicable. I hate micro transactions, period. On my phone, I would always rather pay for a game outright than have it nickel and dime me. I want to pay for content you have created, not give you money to get past artificial blocks you have imposed.

This generation has just started, but I have not and will not buy ANY retail full priced game that adds micro transactions or pay-for-tokens. It's not consumer or creatively friendly; it's simply a developer/publisher money grab. There are other developers/publishers that respect me more as a consumer, and that's where my money will go.

malyce

Alright. Fuck turn ten. I'm done.

I love the physics model and realistic driving of forza.. It's a joy to play.. But Fuck every decision outside of that. I want to drive an indy car in this game.. And I can't go that. I paid for a game that included this fucking car.. But if I don't spend the next 100 hours grinding races on the same boring ass tracks over and over I can't fucking experience it. This sale is so insulting. It's a marketing experiment plain and simple. If they see a huge influx in sales this weekend they will lower everything to this price point permanently. Ontop of all this bullshit you stripped the game of many features in previous forza... Including my beloved drag racing mode.

Out of spite... My copy is going on eBay.

Fuck Dan and everyone at turn ten for selling us an unfinished product at full retail price and then expecting up to pay excessive amount of money just to bring it on par with previous titles in the same series of games.

LMAO! I read the ending of this post in Tupac's voice... the ending of Hit Em Up

Fuck MS!
Fuck Dan G!
Fuck Turn 10 as a staff, developer and a motherfucking crew!
And if you wanna be down with Turn 10, Fuck you too!

This is all kinds of fucked up, and from the looks of the GT credit purchase leaks it seems PD/Sony are gonna be catching the next heat wave for their ridiculous pricing.

KaYotiX

Banned
Doesn't this impact the in-game purchases, too? As in no microtransactions? It's a good thing that I only spent a fraction of my money as I was focusing on the D and C level events.

Yes but most of the ppl here can't read and just think about tokens.....

Makes me sick when I see how bad reading comprehension is in this forum sometimes.

50% off in game credit costs is really nice. I can buy alot of the higher tier cars now since I'm sitting on alot of credits.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This is classic salesman bullshit. Making something cheaper for a short time gives you the impression that you're saving a lot, so it's in your best interest to spend while you can. Falling into this trap makes you spend even more than you would otherwise.

It's like when you call the cable company to cut back on your plan and they go "listen just for RIGHT NOW, we have a special where you get 50 more channels for just 5 more bucks a month!"

Steroyd

LMAO! I read the ending of this post in Tupac's voice... the ending of Hit Em Up

Fuck MS!
Fuck Dan G!

This is all kinds of fucked up, and from the looks of the GT credit purchase leaks it seems PD/Sony are gonna be catching the next heat wave for their ridiculous pricing.

It all depends on wether they change the core progression of the game to suit microtransactions, and how much they try and shove them in your face while playing.

This is nothing more than a glorified f2p racing franchise at this point.

The weekend 50% off deals only makes is more obvious.

No changes to the grind basically confirms it.

KaYotiX

Banned
This is nothing more than a glorified f2p racing franchise at this point.

The weekend 50% off deals only makes is more obvious.

No changes to the grind basically confirms it.

Did you read the part where they have a economy fix coming? Or did u just grab a torch and pitchfork with the rest of the mob?

hardvibes

They can do all the 180 they want, MS lost me as a customer since before the reveal of the xbone.

It's the IDEA of TRYING to rob the customers that really pisses me off.

Steroyd

Yes but most of the ppl here can't read and just think about tokens.....

Makes me sick when I see how bad reading comprehension is in this forum sometimes.

50% off in game credit costs is really nice. I can buy alot of the higher tier cars now since I'm sitting on alot of credits.

I think people did read and the cynicism comes from it being only a weekend, meaning you're either grinding like hell now to get that car(s) you want while the offer is there or even more pressured to buy tokens, naturally those who already have tons of credits can just sit back and reap the rewards.

Klocker

Sweet. Good deal t10 looking forward to it and thanks for the gift cars

Yea, I actually have and play the game and posted my opinion

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

Fuck MS!
Fuck Dan G!

Normally we just ignore the Sony Too!™ posts that have been failing regularly to catch on since E3, but Gran Turismo is a grind-happy title. If they go down a similar to road to what we're seeing here?...

HX4CUD8.gif

gogosox8

I know they meant this as a sort of olive branch but looks like their trying to get you to buy more microtransactions and not really addressing the issue. It makes them look like their using this as a opportunity to ask for more money via microtransactions. Should have either said nothing or said we're gonna release a update this fixes the in game economy. This just makes them look really sleazy.

Yagharek

I know they meant this as a sort of olive branch but looks like their trying to get you to buy more microtransactions and not really addressing the issue. It makes them look like their using this as a opportunity to ask for more money via microtransactions. Should have either said nothing or said we're gonna release a update this fixes the in game economy. This just makes them look really sleazy.

Yep. Whether they actually implement any real changes or not is one thing, but at this stage it comes across as typically disingenuous like almost all Microsoft PR this year.

Ill never buy a Turn 10 game again before I get word of mouth. Not a single review talked about this at all. Shit is always as bad as a cellphone game.

inky

Oh Turn 10, you shouldn't have. We are not worthy of such generosity.

LOL

And yes, I read the OP and the underlined part

JimiNutz

Banned
I love the game but no way I'm buying any of this shit.

Will wait for the more permanent fix...
Which better not involve me having to buy any fucking tokens, even at a discount.

Jachaos

Ill never buy a Turn 10 game again before I get word of mouth. Not a single review talked about this at all. Shit is always as bad as a cellphone game.

I think Eurogamer's did touch on that. They had that big nice paragraph that was in the OP of a thread about Forza 5 microtransactions the other day.

Top Bottom