• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn 10 Hear the Complaints, Respond with Weekend DLC sale. Buy now!

ironcreed

Banned
Im curious how things will be in GT6.

Strong hopes that nothing like this though.

Same here. There will no doubt be the GT grind, but I have always been able to get all the enjoyment I want from the series as just an average racing game fan. Hell, it is actually a pretty overwhelming game. What is it, 1200 cars and 37 tracks? No trimming back content here. Sounds like a good old daunting GT to me.

Of course we know there will also be credit packs to ease the grind, but I bet my bottom dollar that there are no cars that will cost over $100 to obtain or any of the nefarious kind of gouging we are seeing here. It will probably be the same old GT, but with something like 5-20 dollar credit packs that in no way intrude upon the game as it usually is.

DedValve

Banned
Sad.

They can change the prices to not be astronomic, as they just did. Since its literally updating a number.

No one is asking for them to change the whole game.

Just highlight a number on a database, and make it not what it is.

Edit: like they are doing. Right now.
No need for excuses.

I think it's unfair of you to say that. Do you work for the development team? Are you a developer on Xbox One? It's not as easy as flipping a switch.

grabs mic & runs away

watership

People are going to be skeptical (and rightly so) until they hear some details.

Bingo. I believe in voicing outrage about something in a game, but not to the point of damning and hating on the game, dev and publisher. I voice it to elicit change. Turn 10 has responded, and we should wait and see what they do, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't just give it up and pretend this never happened. Forza was too good for franchise for this to happen too.

I know that after the main announcement people really wanted Sony to win but at this point it looks like One is just digging a whole new crater for itself. Can anyone imagine what this console would have been like with some high-tech engineering and focus on games. It would have been a war for the ages!

Instead I just feel VERY underwhelmed. Was looking forward to buying Forza and One on release but after being on PC for so long Forza just doesn't do it for me anymore in the gfx department. I really wish M wasn't so tethered to Google and all that profit jazz because it has wildly confused them in this sector of the market as it did Nintendo.

malyce

Same here. There will no doubt be the GT grind, but I have always been able to get all the enjoyment I want from the series as just an average racing game fan. Hell, it is actually a pretty overwhelming game. What is it, 1200 cars and 37 tracks? No trimming back content here. Sounds like a good old daunting GT to me.

Of course we know there will also be credit packs to ease the grind, but I bet my bottom dollar that there are no cars that will cost over $100 to obtain or any of the nefarious kind of gouging we are seeing here. It will probably be the same old GT, but with something like 5-20 dollar credit packs that in no way intrude upon the game as it usually is.

If these hold any weight, then some cars could cost upwards of $200

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GX8H920/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GX8H8Y4/

DR2K

Banned

Guys they can't completely change the entire game in a week
....for crying out loud. At least they're making some changes.

They could just completely ignore complaints....and do nothing. I guess some would prefer that?

Obviously we would love/like the tokens completely removed. That's probably impossible without rebuilding the entire game...but who knows...

Microsoft changed their used game policy in that time.

spirity

Diablo, Sim City, Forza... they do it because these are beloved franchises. They're leveraging their greed against your sentimentality and loyalty. Thats a facet of this sort of thing I find particularly offensive. They typically won't try it with a new IP, because they wouldn't be able to get away with it as easily. So they plump for a brand that has a passionate following, hoping everyone will swallow the bitter pill because we're desperate to play the new game. How can you do that to those players? You should be embarrassed for being such jerks to the people who put you where you are now.

ElementJJ

Banned
They're leveraging their greed against your sentimentality and loyalty.

Exactly, I would never pre order a system for £430 for one game, unless I was absolutely loyal to that franchise, and I was so close to doing that, till i smelt the bad news coming with embargo's etc.

Jac_Solar

Guys they can't completely change the entire game in a week
....for crying out loud. At least they're making some changes.

They could just completely ignore complaints....and do nothing. I guess some would prefer that?

Obviously we would love/like the tokens completely removed. That's probably impossible without rebuilding the entire game...but who knows...

Remove the monetary system, or make it much less annoying (Ie; Limit it to a single menu.), and greatly increase the ingame-money reward for completing races, as well as allowing players to repeat races for slightly less money (If that's not already a thing.), as well as giving players a car, or letting them choose a car from a selection of cars, after completing a tournament.

Remove the monetary system, or make it much less annoying, and greatly increase the ingame-money reward for completing races, as well as allowing players to repeat races for slightly less money (If that's not already a thing.)

It's comments like this that make me scratch my head. Have you even played the game? I have to look for the monetary system in order to find it. How could it be less annoying? I can sort I understand the want to remove it. The comment to repeat races, even for less money? This is worse than the way it is now. You simply race and earn the same money no matter what you do... Why are you asking them to make it worse?

Jac_Solar

It's comments like this that make me scratch my head. Have you even played the game? I have to look for the monetary system in order to find it. How could it be less annoying? I can sort I understand the want to remove it. The comment to repeat races, even for less money? This is worse than the way it is now. You simply race and earn the same money no matter what you do... Why are you asking them to make it worse?

No, I haven't played it. I was just offering my opinion on the monetary system. I thought people said the game constantly asks you for money, after every race or something. And no, no, I meant first increase the amount of money you get for the first run and tournaments, and slightly less than that for repeat runs .. Like increasing the amount of money per run 400%, but only 50-100% more on repeat runs. As in, less than the 400% upgrade on repeat runs.

Shambles

Holy shit. Their reaction to players being angry about them creating a micro transaction game is to market all of their DLC. WOW

Top Bottom