• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn on NOW.... CNBC: MAD MONEY...

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Talkn' about Electronic ARTS stock...

..says peeps should buy ERTS on weakness.

ghibli99

What about EA? That guy annoys me. I like what he has to say, but only when the main points are distilled into bulletpoints... in text. :)

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
No! You lied to me last time and it turned into a show about dirty whores. :(

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
[EA Stock: BUY,BUY,BUY!!]

HE SAID GODFATHER WILL BE THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER!!!

Holy shit i cant believe he said that. His reason was because the Godfather movie was the best movie ever.

Gahiggidy

Mefisutoferesu said:
This guy is scary. He's... ummm... at least he's enthusiastic. Stupid but enthusiastic.
That guy made me $100 last week.

123rl

FlameOfCallandor said:
HE SAID GODFATHER WILL BE THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER!!!

Holy shit i cant believe he said that. His reason was because the Godfather movie was the best movie ever.

lol! Who can argue with logic like that then? :lol

Sapiens

This guy has his shit together. Face it, EA has been a consistantly profitable company and they have franchises that sell in multiple regions regardless of quality. Godfather will be a big seller because its a game based on godfather with one of brando's last performances. That alone will garner the game some more hype upon release.

So, yes, buy buy buy.

Sapienshomo said:
This guy has his shit together. Face it, EA has been a consistantly profitable company and they have franchises that sell in multiple regions regardless of quality. Godfather will be a big seller because its a game based on godfather with one of brando's last performances. That alone will garner the game some more hype upon release.

So, yes, buy buy buy.

I think you're overestimating the respect most of the Madden-buying mouth-breathers have for the Godfather. Scarface and Goodfellas are more likely to top their gangster movie charts.

IMO.

Sapiens

FlameOfCallandor said:
HE ALSO GUARANTEED A PS3 SHORTAGE.

His reason, because there was a Xbox 360 shortage.

Seems sound enough for me. If MS, the biggest fucking company in the world, had trouble shipping out 360s, how will Sony fair with slightly more advanced technology.

There are many ways to reason a PS3 shortage.

Sapiens

AdmiralViscen said:
I think you're overestimating the respect most of the Madden-buying mouth-breathers have for the Godfather. Scarface and Goodfellas are more likely to top their gangster movie charts.

IMO.

EA may derrive a large chunk of its loyalty from its sports games, but the companies assets are so diverse, and their history so established in the industry, its supporters are more than just mouth breathing trogladites who play madden.

Like it or lump it, EA is a trusted brand with many and when they see the EA logo on the Godfather game box, they are guaranteed a certain level of quality (that quality, we'll have to see)

SnakeXs

Sapienshomo said:
Seems sound enough for me. If MS, the biggest fucking company in the world, had trouble shipping out 360s, how will Sony fair with slightly more advanced technology.

There are many ways to reason a PS3 shortage.

Isn't the CPU the biggest hurdle MS is having with 360s?

If so the logic fails, since I believe Sony's said they're 100% ready to start pumping out Cells, and already have on a smaller scale.

Sapiens

SnakeXs said:
Isn't the CPU the biggest hurdle MS is having with 360s?

If so the logic fails, since I believe Sony's said they're 100% ready to start pumping out Cells, and already have on a smaller scale.

So, what you are saying is that Sony will be able to produce enough Ps3s to meet initial demand??

SnakeXs

Sapienshomo said:
So, what you are saying is that Sony will be able to produce enough Ps3s to meet initial demand??

Hahaha, hell no.

I'm saying that relating MSs shipping problems (CPUs) to Sony (CPU unlikely problem, many other factors [intentional shortage] are) doesn't work.

You're forgetting just how often their non-sports games perform poorly. All Bond games bombed last year, as did the last Medal of Honor.

Sapiens

SnakeXs said:
Hahaha, hell no.

I'm saying that relating MSs shipping problems (CPUs) to Sony (CPU unlikely problem, many other factors [intentional shortage] are) doesn't work.

I never specified MS's woes were caused by CPU production. Consider me ignorant on the subject. There are other similar factors that will come into play for a shortage, such as a Blu-ray drive (of which regular players are not even on the market) and sony's reputation for sloppy hardware (I own a Ps1, PS2 and PSP, so I know what that is all about).

we don't know yet, but anyone could say that sony will have shortage problems, and sinse we dont know what will cause them, we can look at super hug MS and only assume that the smaller co, Sony will have similar manufacturing problems.

Thats all there is to it,

So, in summary, buy the fuck out of EA. They is a juggernaut of a company.

Gahiggidy

He also said that EA will get nothing but bad press this year... pushing the stck down to bargain levels.

The plan is to aquire the stock this year, with the expectation that in 2007 it will shoot up.

<nu>faust

SnakeXs said:
Hahaha, hell no.

the real reason behind 360 production problems are not really known at this point, most analyst assume that it's because of the low xenon yields since it was the only factor mentioned as a possible future problem by some ms execs before the launch.

Also foreseeing short term shortages for any kind of hardware launch in videogame industry has always been common practice. Considering the limited amount of time sony has to manufacture millions of units, the complexity of ps3 hardware and the consumer's high demand for the product, it's almost certain that there will be short term shortages for ps3.

cicero

Gahiggidy said:
That guy made me $100 last week.
I really hope that none of you pimping EA stock in this thread actually work for EA... None of you would be that stupid, I hope...

Top Bottom