• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV GAF: What are you watching?

Weilthain

Banned
I tossed my television into the alley from a third-story apartment almost 30 years ago. I haven't watched television since. I can't even be in the same room as a television, because everything is so repulsive it drives me out. Television is comically bad, it was bad when I threw mine out and it has gotten far worse.

I guess TV watchers must be mentally acclimated to utter, irredeemable garbage. I can't imagine why anyone wastes their time on television.
Amen

Dural

Just finished up Yellowstone Season 2, great show.

Been slowly rewatching Entourage, on Season 6 right now. Hadn't watched this since it originally aired, still fantastic, love the characters.

Kadayi

Banned
Just finished up Yellowstone Season 2, great show.

That's by the guy who wrote Sicario right? You give it a recommend?

Anyway been watching more Succession Season 2 which just gets better and better. Quality performances throughout, especially Jeremy Strong who just seems to be going through the emotional ringer.

Also started watching Unbelievable on Netflix which is a limited-run series based on a serial rape case from the 2000s. It's a little heavy-handed on the 'male cops are bad' trope, but the performances are decent and it's compelling enough that I intend to see it through.

Dural

That's by the guy who wrote Sicario right? You give it a recommend?

Taylor Sheridan is the reason I started watching, it's a little slow but very good. The cinematography is amazing.

The entire cast is great, but I especially like Cole Hauser as Rip Wheeler and Kelly Reilly as Beth Dutton.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Finished up Wolf Creek.
S2 had a lot more budget than the first, quite enjoyable.

Finished up Parks and Rec.
Had some funny moments but pales in comparison to The Office.

bitbydeath

Black Summer
Was a great show with a flat end.
The zombies run in this one so just taking a single one down can be difficult unlike other shows. Lots of tense scenes and run for your life situations making it much more interesting than shows like The Walking Dead where they have to rely on hordes, humans or utter stupidity to die.

Fbh

Second Season of Dark on Netflix.

Was a bit confused at first because it has been a while since I saw the first season so I didn't quite remember everything that well, but so far it's really good

Amory

Twin Peaks. I'm in the middle of season 2 and I frankly have no idea whatsoever why people like this show.

It's inoffensive for the most part, I guess. It's not particularly interesting or good though.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Its Always Sunny
South Park
Survivor
Good Talk with Anthony Jeselnik
The Man in the High Castle S3
The Good Place

I'm very ready for Jack Ryan and Vikings.

While I loved the first two season of Glow I gave up on the 3rd season after a couple of episodes. Too much focus on relationships and not enough on the wrestling side.

Grinchy

Banned
I just started re-watching Better Call Saul.

Being able to binge it and having already seen it both actually improve it for a second viewing. The intricate character webs are so fucking great. I actually think it may be written better than Breaking Bad.

xrnzaaas

I started watching The Shield for the very first time, it's nice to see so many actors who guest starred later in SoA and I certainly didn't expect so many funny scenes. :)

Watching season 3 of Get Shorty. And just finished season 2 of Dark on Netflix... Really good if you're into time travel shit and you want to get your mind blown

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Peaky Blinders. Focking love this show mate

Co-sign. Just finished season 5 of Peaky Blinders, yesterday. Didn't realize their seasons were only 6 episodes long. Finished it in like the span of 2 or 3 days. I think its probably my favorite show on Netflix.

Finished Stranger Things 3 last month. It was fine. When the girl gets super hyped up it reminds me of like Goku or Gohan from DBZ going super saiyan lol

Yesterday, I watched the first episode of Spy with Sacha Baron Cohen.

Pejo

Now that Supernatural is over (or ending, i'm not sure which ep they're on for the final season), I've started rewatching from the start. I'm about halfway through season 3 now, and god damn it was such a good show before the angels/demons crap over and over. Anyway, I'm gonna rewatch the entire thing, Leviathan season and all, and I'm really enjoying it. I've managed to stay completely spoiler free from the final season, and I think I'm still about 2-3 seasons behind in general, so there's quite a bit of new content for me to get into eventually.

bitbydeath

I’ve just started on the show ‘Living with Yourself.’ Paul Rudd tries to improve his life by going to a Spa and ends with a copy of himself that’s better at everything.

It’s on Netflix and I’m only two episodes in so far, quite funny.

Prison Mike

Banned
I’ve just started on the show ‘Living with Yourself.’ Paul Rudd tries to improve his life by going to a Spa and ends with a copy of himself that’s better at everything.

It’s on Netflix and I’m only two episodes in so far, quite funny.

Let me know what u think been keeping my eye on this myself

Kadayi

Banned
Wrapped up the first episode of HBOs Watchmen. Much love for Lindelof's The Leftovers, but this needs a couple of episodes to assess tbh

John Day

Very late to the party, but i started finally Stranger Things. Binged that shit in 3 days, which is very rare for me.

Loved it as an 80’s kid, although very young. Eleven is my waifu.

Gonna watch Raising Dion and Living with Yourself next.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching The Deuce because David Simon (The Wire) is behind it. Only 4 episodes in, so far it's pretty decent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shai-Tan

Banned
Trying to watch Succession. Not sure what other people see in it yet. Living With Yourself is also ok I guess.

Most of my other tv watching is in the background. I've been watching lots of documentaries on CuriosityStream, BBC, etc (mostly nature and science)

VGEsoterica

Just entirely caught up on Bob's Burgers. For some reason I had never watched the show but my wife and I ran through them all on Hulu. I wish every voice on every animated tv show could just be H Jon Benjamin

Kadayi

Banned
Been digging into Season 2 of Amazon Jack Ryan

Despite the tease at the end of Season 1, Jack doesn't find himself in Moscow but instead stays on in Washington, but finds himself heading down to Venezuela to investigate some mysterious cargo deliveries that he believes contain weapons supplied by the Russians to help prop up the countries despotic militaristic President.

Bunk from the Wire returns, whilst Jaqen H'ghar and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo turn up to fill out the season, though it doesn't look like Abbie Cornish is returning as Jacks girlfriend for this one.

Ornlu

Banned
I started watching The Shield for the very first time, it's nice to see so many actors who guest starred later in SoA and I certainly didn't expect so many funny scenes. :)

The Shield is a gem.

Watching it again recently for the first time in years as well.

Rewatching Better Call Saul and I've gained a new respect for Nacho; it's a good role. Wonder what becomes of him in the new season. On the other hand, Jimmy is such an unlikable douche. I fast forward through most of his scenes.

Interesting that they've created a few really well thought out and engaging characters that aren't around for Breaking Bad.

Top Bottom