• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripOpt55

Just finished the first season of The Vampire Diaries which was great! It really did get better in the second half (you were right The Storyteller!). I had intended to take a little break after the end of Season 1 and watch something else, but given where that leaves off, I had little choice but to jump into the second season. Really cool show and I am glad I gave this a shot. I am hooked now. Can't wait to watch some more.

Also been chipping away here and there at Season 2 of Parks and Rec. Pretty good so far.

Fry

Currently getting into: Justified (S01E04, recommended)

Just finished catching up: Sherlock (brilliant show, recommended, it's a pity the seasons are so short)

Currently Watching

House
Supernatural
Castle
Sherlock

Previously watched and enjoyed

Star Trek (TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY)
Star Wars Clone Wars S1-3
Game of Thrones
Spartacus (B&S/GotA)
Buffy
Angle
Chuck
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Firefly
Life on Mars
Ashes to Ashes
Numb3rs
Stargate (SG1/SGA/SGU)
Heroes
Fringe

Based on what iv watched what would you suggest gaf?

Dude, you need to check out The Lost Room. I won't explain what it's about because watching everything unfold is part of its beauty, but based on your preferences I can guarantee you will love it. Also, it's (unfortunately) only a mini-series that runs for 6 hours total, so you can watch it pretty much in one sitting (which is pretty likely).

decaf

I just watched the first episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Not bad. Not great but pretty decent. I'll continue to watch.
It gets a lot better. Then (more recently), perhaps it goes a bit too far.

I assume that everyone who enjoys The Walking Dead hasn't read the comic (first)? I wanted to love it, and I watch it in the hope that it'll get better with each episode. It doesn't. It's popular because it's a TV show that has zombies in it. Dale and Glenn are the only characters that are spot-on. Andrea was close enough for a while, but it's too late now.
Shane
still needs to
die
. Maggie is pretty.

Recently watched the latest season of Burn Notice; all of BOSS, Southland and Boardwalk Empire. BOSS was a tad too unrelenting for me, but all of them were fantastic watches.

Shane
still needs to
die

I don't know. This particular change from the comics has been by far the most interesting.

edit: I've been watching Castle. Midway through season 2 I wish the banter went back to the quality of the first few episodes... it doesn't seem quite so inspired anymore.

Also what the hell did they do to her hair. Mullet is not a good look for her.

Fjordson

Going through The Sopranos again. It's been years since I last watched it and somehow I never got around to finishing the last two seasons. Going all the way through this time (thanks HBO Go).

Just finished catching up on the first season of HBO's Enlightened. What a terrific little show this is. It might be the most uncomfortable drama I've ever watched, but it's gloriously so.

The penultimate episode in particular was incredible, like a longer, quieter version of this. Oh, and the soundtrack!

It makes me sad that it's probably going to be resented at the Emmys for genre weirdness (to be honest, I'll probably be upset when Dern wins over Poehler), but hopefully the attention that it gets will bring in more viewers for season 2. If you're not one of the 50 people who've seen it already, definitely check it out sometime before next fall.

gdt

Not watching atm, but I'm seriously hankering for a Friday Night Lights rewatch. I did Lost a few months after it ended, so I think a FNL rewatch is quickly approaching. The Wire too.

Just started watching the wire for the first time, about 5 episodes in. It's good but I don't see what all the fuss is about yet, I guess it takes a fair few more episodes.

RdN

I'm rewatching Las Vegas. I don't see many people talking about it around, but I really love this show! It's a shame that it never got it's last season. :(

anaron

Just finished catching up on the first season of HBO's Enlightened. What a terrific little show this is. It might be the most uncomfortable drama I've ever watched, but it's gloriously so.

The penultimate episode in particular was incredible, like a longer, quieter version of this. Oh, and the soundtrack!

It makes me sad that it's probably going to be resented at the Emmys for genre weirdness (to be honest, I'll probably be upset when Dern wins over Poehler), but hopefully the attention that it gets will bring in more viewers for season 2. If you're not one of the 50 people who've seen it already, definitely check it out sometime before next fall.

ySJyq.gif

KorrZ

Just started watching Six Feet Under. Really enjoying it so far, marathoned through the first 2 seasons in about 3 days and just started watching season 3. I thought Michael C. Hall was good in Dexter, holy shit does he blow that out of the water as David Fisher. Best character on the show.

anaron

That puts the total up to 12 people who enjoy that crappy show

Aw bb, your awful taste is showing.

And yeah, it breaks my heart the way Enlightened will be resented - given it's even nominated - and wins anything because of the category.

TripOpt55

Just finished Parks and Rec Season 2. Took me to about halfway through to see what all the fuss was about. Excellent from there to the finish though.

Also going to attempt to catch up on Chuck before the finale. Figured I'd have another week, but I see that it is this coming Friday. I think I have like seven more episodes to go. Shouldn't be too hard.

Otherwise still working on The Vampire Diaries Season 2. Started up Archer. Also watched the Prison Break movie thing... ummm... yeah. Not sure what that was about. Seemed very unnecessary.

Just finished re-watching Always Sunny.

I liked it plenty the first time around, but it has somehow blown me away the second time. Exactly the sort of comedy I love - often (unapologetically) stupid, never anything but satirical, brimming with wonderfully evil characters, occasionally political, and always, always perfectly acted.

Especially Glenn Howerton and Rob McElhenney. They deserve a share of Charlie Day's new found fame.

It's a bit like an American Peep Show. But maybe not quite as good. And without the realism.

Edit: On that note, I hear Peep Show seasons 1-7 are now on Netflix. Americans, get on it. Exceedingly strange and exceedingly funny.

Almost done with season 3 of Fringe. Got like 4 eps left I think. It had it's ups and downs but I guess it was alright. So, without giving away too much how was season 4 received? Good or bad? Don't want to dare enter the thread for the latest season and be spoiled lol.

big ander

Almost done with season 3 of Fringe. Got like 4 eps left I think. It had it's ups and downs but I guess it was alright. So, without giving away too much how was season 4 received? Good or bad? Don't want to dare enter the thread for the latest season and be spoiled lol.
Season 4 started really slow but has been great the past two episodes. But those reactions are coming from people who sort of universally adored every episode from the middle of season 2 through the season 3 finale. If you didn't enjoy the rest of the show as much season 4 will be hard to get through.

Finally got around to The Wire. I was aware how it has a slow start and how I shouldn't judge it based on those first impressions, and sure enough, the first episode was quite a slog and hard to get through.

But when episode 2 ended I was fully on board with everything this show seemed to be trying to do.

Then episode 3 lost me again.

I'll keep watching without a doubt, but I wasn't expecting such an up-down start from it.

Nert

Finally got around to The Wire. I was aware how it has a slow start and how I shouldn't judge it based on those first impressions, and sure enough, the first episode was quite a slog and hard to get through.

But when episode 2 ended I was fully on board with everything this show seemed to be trying to do.

Then episode 3 lost me again.

I'll keep watching without a doubt, but I wasn't expecting such an up-down start from it.

Personally speaking, it took me until about halfway through season one to really understand what was going on. The show doesn't throw out a lot of expository/unnatural dialogue to help out newcomers, which is generally for the best (and makes rewatching it more fun), but I also found myself feeling lost a couple of times.

Fjordson

Edit: On that note, I hear Peep Show seasons 1-7 are now on Netflix. Americans, get on it. Exceedingly strange and exceedingly funny.
Nice. Everyone should watch that. Funniest show I've ever seen.

On season 2 of Sopranos now. It's even better than I remember, but I gotta say, the episode towards the end of S1 focusing on Michael, Adriana, and that rapper Massive Genius is kinda lame.

Solo

I'm rewatching Las Vegas. I don't see many people talking about it around, but I really love this show! It's a shame that it never got it's last season. :(

I loved this show when it was on and still miss it dearly. It was light and breezy and fun in a way no other show really is. NBC's treatment of it was abysmal.

On season 2 of Sopranos now. It's even better than I remember, but I gotta say, the episode towards the end of S1 focusing on Michael, Adriana, and that rapper Massive Genius is kinda lame.

Richie: Dude, I don't do drugs...anymore.

Christopher: Well hats off, but for all the dynamic excitement in these songs, maybe we should get another downed power line in here, let you suck on it.

one of the few weak episodes in the show but its got some gems

"Hey, whose fuckin' welfare check you gotta cash to get a burger around here?"

Awkward.

I think diablo cody (juno) wrote a lot of this? Started off weird and annoying but I grew to like its weird sensibilities and humour. Season finale was kind of surprising and good. Good show.

Just finished Friday Night Lights and it was great. I wasn't a big fan of the transition and how they dealt with the last two seasons, but still fealt it was a great series as a whole and would definitely recommend it.

Awkward.

I think diablo cody (juno) wrote a lot of this? Started off weird and annoying but I grew to like its weird sensibilities and humour. Season finale was kind of surprising and good. Good show.

God no. Don't let people think that.

It's a good show. If you're after a more realistic/not ridiculous teen drama, that's actually pretty funny too, then this is it.

I started watching the '80s television drama Dallas a couple of months ago and am now on season 9. Despite disliking a large majority of the characters (J.R. Ewing is an especially detestable prick), I'm finding a lot of enjoyment out of the show.

.GqueB.

Banned
Spent all of January tearing through Friday Night Lights. Such an amazing show. I got some serious Wire vibes from it here and there. Outside of some of the forced teen drama there was a lot of good storytelling there. Characters were great, the "good guys" didn’t always win. Coach Taylor was damn amazing and his speeches succeeded at even inspiring me sometimes.

They actually made you give a shit about many of the characters and their journeys which is rare for me.
I cheered like a fucking nerd when Smash got into college and when the Lions beat the Panthers. There was more cheering of course but those are the ones I remember of the top of my head.

Id recommend this show to anybody.

Just finished Season 1 of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Besides catching the odd episode on TV every now and then I've never really watched it and wasn't enamored with it. But having watched Season 1 I've come to love it.

overcast

Finished Parks and Rec season 2. Way better than the first season, I love the show now.

Party Down- Almost done with season 1, holy crap. This may be one of the better sitcoms I've seen. They actually nail the heartfelt moments. Feels like the best elements of Apatow movies.

Fjordson

Richie: Dude, I don't do drugs...anymore.

Christopher: Well hats off, but for all the dynamic excitement in these songs, maybe we should get another downed power line in here, let you suck on it.

one of the few weak episodes in the show but its got some gems

"Hey, whose fuckin' welfare check you gotta cash to get a burger around here?"
Lmao. True. I love Michael and Adriana. I just, I don't know, the rapper shit has always felt unnecessary for me.

I'm where Furio comes back to America to work for Tony. Dude is stone cold. All of Tony's crew is great. I could watch an entire show about Paulie and Silvio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom