• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripOpt55

The premiere was on NBC.com and Hulu for a while, but I think they took it down after about a month. I don't think you can legally stream it anywhere for free.

Seems like I missed the boat then. I would even buy it off iTunes or something, but they don't have it. Might have to go another route I guess. It's weird how they handle this show as far as streaming/downloading it goes.

Sirius

Wow, just started watching The Walking Dead as well. Really awesome pilot, with one hell of a zombie apocalypse scenario - the most realistic and believable one I've seen so far.

EDIT: .. and Game of Thrones... my god.

Having not read the books I thought I was ready for anything; I couldn't have been more wrong.

sruckus

Just finished The Vampire Diaries first season. Holy shit. Really impressed for a CW show. And I really hate that title :(

I finally caught up and now hyped for Once Upon a Time. Never thought I'd like it considering its from the people who did Lost... but it works.

I watched all of Arrested Development for the first time in my life.

Guys...I don't know if you're aware of this, but that show is quite funny.

I have a rather huge problem with it though. For a show with "inside joke based humour" it suuure likes to constantly explain every single reference they make. There were only a few jokes that remained inside jokes and didn't get immediately followed by a narrated flashback.

RC

Banned
Recently finished watching Homeland after someone recommended it in the Dexter thread. Really great show, was very impressed. Who knew Claire Danes could actually act? And well for that matter. Wiped the bad taste out of my mouth from season 6 of Dexter.

TripOpt55

Just finished The Vampire Diaries first season. Holy shit. Really impressed for a CW show. And I really hate that title :(

I am about 10 episodes into Season 1 and am kind of digging it. I feel a little silly watching it sometimes, but it is getting pretty good.

I am about 10 episodes into Season 1 and am kind of digging it. I feel a little silly watching it sometimes, but it is getting pretty good.

You are right where the show starts to get real good. The second half of the season is great. Season 2 is fantastic though and where the show really begins to shine.

TripOpt55

You are right where the show starts to get real good. The second half of the season is great. Season 2 is fantastic though and where the show really begins to shine.

This excites me! Looking forward to watching more. They have the first two seasons on Netflix, so I will be chipping away at this when I can.

I have a rather huge problem with it though. For a show with "inside joke based humour" it suuure likes to constantly explain every single reference they make. There were only a few jokes that remained inside jokes and didn't get immediately followed by a narrated flashback.

Unless you have the eyes of an eagle, the attention of Buddah (no that doesn't make sense), and the ability to multi-task of a 6 armed, three headed man who can multitask really well, I'm willing to bet you missed quite a few jokes.

There's some jokes that people have found years after the show has been gone because they are extremely subtle.

edit: but I'm glad you've enjoyed it. It is an amazing show.

I can't get past the name!! :(

And I watched "terriers"!

Man up! They drop the whole diary angle like 4 episodes in anyway.

So many good shows have this problem now that I think about it:
Cougar Town, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Battlestar Galactica and many more.

The creator of Cougar Town is (hilariously) trying to get the name of the show changed because he genuinely believes people wont watch it because of the ridiculous name.

big ander

Like Nappuccino said: you missed some jokes. I didn't say you "probably" missed some jokes, but factually you missed some jokes. And let me correct that further: you missed a lot of jokes. The jokes that were explained outright were not inside jokes. Inside jokes are stuff like
all the buster's hand foreshadowing, the monopoly games

Like Nappuccino said: you missed some jokes. I didn't say you "probably" missed some jokes, but factually you missed some jokes. And let me correct that further: you missed a lot of jokes. The jokes that were explained outright were not inside jokes. Inside jokes are stuff like
all the buster's hand foreshadowing, the monopoly games

There was one episode after the Blue Man Group thing with Tobias. Michael
Is talking to someone in the house and in the background you can see a blue handprint on the kitchen cabinet.

Just starting season four of Breaking Bad but finding DVDs/box sets for it is damn near impossible. After watching "Box Cutter", I really want to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Then there's the subtle humor like what the actor is saying as he's approaching the bathroom set door, or how the mom's face is seen in both lens of Tobias' glasses as she's giving him a reality check.

Misfits Season 3

No love lost on Rudy replacing Nathan. Actually I think I like him much more. Some of that may be bias due to me loving This is England movie/tv series but man this guy's awesome. Curtis is boring as hell though.

Wow, just started watching The Walking Dead as well. Really awesome pilot, with one hell of a zombie apocalypse scenario - the most realistic and believable one I've seen so far.

Small warning, the show doesn't live up to the first two episodes. It isn't, by any means, a bad show (at least, i don't think so) but just make sure to have your expectations checked so you aren't too disappointed with how some of the things that play out.

Actually planned on jumping into Walking Dead tomorrow evening. I'm pretty excited, though I have no clue why. I've never seen one single bit of media on the series, not so much as a cast listing nor do I even know what channel it comes on, so this will be a full on "i have no idea" experience.

sruckus

Misfits Season 3

No love lost on Rudy replacing Nathan. Actually I think I like him much more. Some of that may be bias due to me loving This is England movie/tv series but man this guy's awesome. Curtis is boring as hell though.

ugh, so depressing. I have all the episodes downloaded, but am just so disappointed the great show is ruined. It depended on Nathan.

TripOpt55

A productive TV day for me. I finished Party Down which was fantastic. Wish I would have watched it sooner. I watched the pilot a while back and just didn't go any further, but man it was hilarious. Loved the show.

Also finished up Homeland Season 1 which is great too. Wish I would have been finished before the voting for Show of the Year ended. Not sure where I would have put it, but I would have included it on the list at least.

Back to some Vampire Diaries tomorrow after the National Championship.

Sirius

Small warning, the show doesn't live up to the first two episodes. It isn't, by any means, a bad show (at least, i don't think so) but just make sure to have your expectations checked so you aren't too disappointed with how some of the things that play out.

Too late, just started Season 2. It's just not the same without Darabont... and I just found out about the S2 Pilot which could have been... Sam Witwer and Darabont were pretty much kicked out.. damn.

hayejin

Game of Thrones. It was hard to follow with so many characters with strange names. I had to read Wikipedia summary after each episode to get a better understand. But the last episode paid off immensely.

Homeland. Very disappointed it ended at sort of cliffhanger and didn't finish the story.

akira28

Can't stand Downton Abbey. Too much with the dramatic faces and English accents. I went to watch some I Spy instead. Bill Cosby, Robert Culp, Mr. Athleticism and Mr. Finesse, total badass, funny, awesome spies. I pray they never remake it, or if they do, they don't ruin it. We shall not mention the film attempt that never existed.

Al-ibn Kermit

I just finished all 12 episodes of homeland within 24 hours, such an amazing show. It actually succeeds at making you feel sympathy for the terrorists. I wonder who had the balls to greenlight such a show.

Carbonox

Watched the entirety of Homeland after a recommendation. Best new show I watched last year.

Also started Breaking Bad after a recommendation from here. Currently at the beginning of season 3. Incredible show.

Regarding shows I'm already up to date on, I'm looking forward to the return of The Vampire Diaries, The Walking Dead and Transformers: Prime, over the course of the next month.

Fry

Watched the entirety of Homeland after a recommendation. Best new show I watched last year.

Also started Breaking Bad after a recommendation from here. Currently at the beginning of season 3. Incredible show.

Best/favorite two shows on television for me.

Going to start Justified after a friend's recommendation. He already told me not to expect it to be as good as Breaking Bad, which is a turn off already. =P

Started watching Breaking Bad a few days ago. Holy shit, this show is amazing. I love the certain "disconnected"/surreal feeling everything has - the closest thing I can relate this to is a Coen brothers production, especially the (very) dark humor and strong/memorable characterization.

I'm still just in the middle of the second season, but if the show keeps up this level of quality I can easily foresee it entering my top 3 favorite shows ever (at least). Can't wait to see what else happens with Walter's
descent into crime
, so far the scenarios he's found himself in are beyond belief.

Quick question: is the series currently finished or are they still planning a new season? Don't want to Google it in fear of accidentally spoiling anything.

Fry

Quick question: is the series currently finished or are they still planning a new season? Don't want to Google it in fear of accidentally spoiling anything.

S04 finished last year, and they have promised 16 more episodes (IIRC), they still don't know if it'll be all in S05, or if it'll be split into two more seasons.

Fjordson

I've been watching the second season of Breaking Bad, almost done with it, and...I just don't enjoy it that much. Cranston is great and the premise of the show is so interesting on paper, but it's simply not doing it for me. For whatever reason I don't find a single character other than Walt at all interesting. Really doubt I'll watch much more. It's a bummer because I really wanted to like it and everyone I know is in love with it.

I think I'll watch Terriers next on Netflix. Heard a lot of good things about it.

Jay Sosa

Started watching Craig Ferguson, that dude is hilarious.

Oh and also Life and Times of Eric..that show need some more love.

Jay Sosa

The second season was pretty lame compared to the others, not The Wire season 2 lame but almost. Especially his wife was ruining the season for me.

louie

Misfits Season 3

Yeah, Joseph Gilgun is a great actor. His performance as Woody is just amazing, particularly in the last episode of '88. I hope he becomes a big name one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom