• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess HD officially announced.

bengraven

By the time I get a WiiU I hope they have a Zelda HD trilogy box set. (TP, WW, SS).

It's going to be years, so I'm okay. *drinks coffee patiently*

L~A

dang it Famitsu you had one job lol

Now the wait til the next Direct most likely Feb after the investors meeting on the 2nd

It's Nintendo who decides what goes in Famitsu, not Famitsu themselves. If Nintendo doesn't want to show anything, they won't. To be honest, I wasn't expecting them to reveal anything major... after all, when was the last time Famitsu had a major scoop about a WW Nintendo game? Not talking about stuff like XCX or #FE, which are Japan-centric games. As for Hyrule Warriors, it's publisher by Koei-Tecmo in Japan.

Also, can't post because of scans, but it looks like there's less Tears of Light to collect this time. In Lanayru, there's 4 Tears less than in the Wii version.

The only scene that really jumped out to me was the one with Telma and Ilia in the bar. Otherwise I'm hard pressed to feel a new level of immersion.

Morts

Fewer tears of light is a good thing, but I hope that isn't all they're doing to smooth out the first act of the game.

Looks pretty underwhelming. But I honestly don't care about the HD graphics, just hope they make some heavy changes to the controls and the intro... Worried now this was only a rushed remaster just to release something early on the year.

Tantalus has been talking about working on this for about a year now.

balgajo

Man, I really wanted Zelda team to keep TP artstyle for mainline Zelda games.
New artwork is awesome, TP Link has the best design for sure.

Revven

Less Tears of Light is a really good thing.

I thought I saw less but I wasn't sure due to the small screenshot. This was my #2 change so I'm super glad they actually did it! Actually, I'm even surprised because I thought they'd want to keep as much of the overall pacing and exploring of the area as possible but I guess there were enough "filler" bugs/tears to remove like I thought there were.

Whether it will make a big enough impact to reduce the amount of time spent collecting tears we will see. All depends on what tears they cut.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Wind Waker HD was more of an upgrade and I had somehow missed the original there. I think I'll stick to GameCube Twilight Princess, as much as I loved the other 3D Zelda re-releases. Never liked Twilight Princess.

Wind Waker HD was more of an upgrade and I had somehow missed the original there. I think I'll stick to GameCube Twilight Princess, as much as I loved the other 3D Zelda re-releases.

It kind of requires an old CRT as it doesn't have widescreen support and looks like mud on an HDTV. Still the better experience than the Wii version, though.

TP is more deserving of a remaster than almost anything else out there.

L~A

I thought I saw less but I wasn't sure due to the small screenshot. This was my #2 change so I'm super glad they actually did it! Actually, I'm even surprised because I thought they'd want to keep as much of the overall pacing and exploring of the area as possible but I guess there were enough "filler" bugs/tears to remove like I thought there were.

Whether it will make a big enough impact to reduce the amount of time spent collecting tears we will see. All depends on what tears they cut.

To be fair, we go from 16 to 12... Impact on pacing shouldn't be too important. Pretty sure they just removed a couple of bugs that were in easy to miss areas, so that people avoid spending a long time searchign everywhere.

Wait a minute. There's 4 less Tears of Light on Wii U.

There's 4 bugs in the area with the twilight bird.... Hmm...

PtM

Banned
Isn't that a new artwork of Link at the bottom of scan 5?

I think the wolf art is new too.
Yes to both. Actually, the wolf is part of the Link artwork.
Also the artwork on horse is altered, the pose is mirrored and the sword is held upwards.
T02Q77U.jpg

vs.
tp-epona39jy4.jpg

PS: Also
tp-midnawolfeouy2.jpg

Revven

To be fair, we go from 16 to 12... Impact on pacing shouldn't be too important. Pretty sure they just removed a couple of bugs that were in easy to miss areas, so that people avoid spending a long time searchign everywhere.

Wait a minute. There's 4 less Tears of Light on Wii U.

There's 4 bugs in the area with the twilight bird.... Hmm...

Interesting...

The Twilight Bird was a pretty slow section, to be honest but then you had to go up to Zora's Domain to get some tears anyway so I'm not sure removing those 4 (if it is those 4) will actually help anything other than remove some annoyance? We'll see.

georly

I think there will be changes, but that they'll announce them worldwide in a Direct.

Eh, doesn't even have to be a direct. Could just throw up random trailers on youtube. Or journo impressions after some on-hands event.

I mean, if they're doing a feb direct, they may as well throw info in there, but I can see stuff releasing outside of a direct, as well, like hyrule warriors character reveals, etc.

Incredibly unlikely but imagine if it came with one million dollaridoos.
I mean you never know.

One million dollaridoos would be sweet. It's not unheard of for a Zelda game to have demos, Wind Waker had some in Zelda Collector's Edition but with how open Zelda U seems to be I imagine it would be limited to a dungeon or something. But yeah I seriously doubt it will happen.

I finally got my hands on the Gamecube version and oh boy is it weird having everything mirrored, well reverse mirroed I guess. I keep heading in the wrong direction.

So, I preordered this back when they first put it up, but I have Amazon Prime and now I see this is $47.99 for Prime members. But when I look at my order, I'm still being charged full price. They'll give me the discount when they bill me, right?

Edit: I have Prime student, does that make a difference?

Grylvak

So, I preordered this back when they first put it up, but I have Amazon Prime and now I see this is $47.99 for Prime members. But when I look at my order, I'm still being charged full price. They'll give me the discount when they bill me, right?

I'm pretty sure you have to email Amazon support, and they can update it for you.

balgajo

Fuck man, Ganon doesn't even appear until the end of the game.
Zant deserved to be in the cover.

Imp Midna and Epona don't merge well with the awesome art.
Also fucking spoiler of Midna's true form. Seems like they are targeting only the people that already played this game.

Skilletor

Wow just realized EU box spoils Ganondorf and Midna's true form.

Wouldn't know it was a spoiler without somebody pointing it out...like you just did. :p

Haven't played the game and didn't know who the woman on the left side was.

I mean, I don't care about spoilers...just saying.

ramparter

Banned
At least it doesn't also spoil that the master sword is in the game. SMH.

Ganondorf is in smash, midna is in hyrule warriors. They're not spoilers anymore.
Im sorry but when I played it the first time I didnt know that Ganon was in. None of the E3 trailers showed him. Also Midna's form is shown after you beat the game.

Wouldn't know it was a spoiler without somebody pointing it out...like you just did. :p

Haven't played the game and didn't know who the woman on the left side was.

I mean, I don't care about spoilers...just saying.
Am ehm... there are so many faces there you don't know which one is... :/ sorry

21XX

Banned
I always find this a poor excuse for being open with spoilers. There are always new people growing up who where too young back then and it would be cool if they don't get spoiled by the official boxart.

The damage in this case is probably not that big considering this design also appeared in two Smash games, but it's still a bad decision. When you solely look at the games narrative it's meant to be a surprise.

Oh please. Rosebud is a sled. Oops. Spoiled the movie!

You can't preserve spoilers for decades. People are way, way too spoiler sensitive these days.

L~A

Interesting...

The Twilight Bird was a pretty slow section, to be honest but then you had to go up to Zora's Domain to get some tears anyway so I'm not sure removing those 4 (if it is those 4) will actually help anything other than remove some annoyance? We'll see.

True, but if you missed one and didn't notice, you might spend a lot of time looking for the missing ones. Or maybe they don't want to have people redoing the whole thing if they miss just one...

I dunno, just speculating. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

Revven

True, but if you missed one and didn't notice, you might spend a lot of time looking for the missing ones. Or maybe they don't want to have people redoing the whole thing if they miss just one...

I dunno, just speculating. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

No harm in speculating and maybe they simply removed those 4 (if it is those 4) because if you miss one of them you have to go up with the bird again which would definitely take up several minutes of time and, of course, be annoying in general.

Skilletor

Am ehm... there are so many faces there you don't know which one is... :/ sorry

Nah, I don't care. But the funny thing about spoilers is that a lot of spoilers are only such within context. Without context, that's just a bunch of characters on the cover to me.

Sometimes people give context by pointing out that it's a spoiler and create the situation.

Like I said, I don't care, but it's funny to me. Spoiler culture is silly, imo.

Sagitario

CYm6sWaUoAAwV23.jpg

Maddness

I'll say this about Twilight Princess. I bought it when it launched for the Wii and I honestly really hated the game. All through the life of the Wii I hated motion controls. I never purchased the Gamecube version because I was just so thrown off by my Wii experience I didn't even bother.

Same thing was going to happen when Skyward Sword came out, but I really hated that I had missed out on a Zelda game and was about to miss out on another because of controller options, so I finally decided to suck it up and play Twilight Princess and then follow it up with Skyward Sword. I didn't really care much for the wolf aspects of the game, but as far as the story goes I was so into it that by the time the game was over I realized it was probably one of my favorite Zelda stories to date. I think gameplay and presentation wise Skyward Sword was better, but Twilight Princess just had the best story for a Zelda game in a long time.

I'm excited for it's re-release on the WiiU.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
It kind of requires an old CRT as it doesn't have widescreen support and looks like mud on an HDTV. Still the better experience than the Wii version, though.

TP is more deserving of a remaster than almost anything else out there.

You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. The game would need a remake with new geometry, textures, and lighting to look attractive.

Regarding that spoiler, I completely forgot about it and it probably wouldn't have even registered if people didn't bring it up. I haven't played the game since it was first released on Gamecube and really only retain a general impression of the game.

Top Bottom