• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the premiere event was last night just a block away from me.. Was a big to-do with streets closed off and everything.

After finally finishing Season 2 my biggest question for some reason, was whatever happened to Thomas's assistant who delivered the box to the Packards.. She was being held by the Sherriff, demanded to be sent back to South Africa or something, and then there was no more mention of her...

Wow, there's really no good option for watching streaming Showtime live. I originally did the Showtime add-on for Hulu, but saw today that you can only watch live on a desktop browser, and the quality is pretty horrible, like a 480p YouTube video. For comparison's sake I signed up for a trial on the standalone Showtime app on an Apple TV, and the streaming quality for live TV is even worse.

Guess I'll keep both trials active and see which one is better tonight. If there's no way to watch in decent quality live, maybe I'll just stick with the slightly cheaper Hulu addon subscription and wait to watch until it's available on demand (and I can't seem to find an answer on how long of a wait it'd be).

Airola

Diane was a person. There's times where Cooper asks her for something and later on he remarks that he got it.

But then again Cooper talks to the recorder that he needs some earplugs and asks Diane to send them.

He gets them way too quickly considering that he would first need to send the tape to Diane, Diane would have to listen to it and Diane should send them to Cooper.

Maybe Cooper was INSANE from the get go. Maybe in season 3 we learn that there really is a Diane, but she is a decomposed corpse in some Cooper's secret place, and has been there for years :O

Maybe in The Missing Pieces Cooper is really talking to the corpse of Diane. We can't see her. We can't hear her. Yet Cooper seems to communicate with her. She's dead and Cooper is a lunatic :O :O

But then again, Cooper could've called Diane on the phone during the night and had Diane send the earplugs via some FBI guys :p

But then again Cooper talks to the recorder that he needs some earplugs and asks Diane to send them.

He gets them way too quickly considering that he would first need to send the tape to Diane, Diane would have to listen to it and Diane should send them to Cooper.

Maybe Cooper was INSANE from the get go. Maybe in season 3 we learn that there really is a Diane, but she is a decomposed corpse in some Cooper's secret place, and has been there for years :O

Maybe in The Missing Pieces Cooper is really talking to the corpse of Diane. We can't see her. We can't hear her. Yet Cooper seems to communicate with her. She's dead and Cooper is a lunatic :O :O

But then again, Cooper could've called Diane on the phone during the night and had Diane send the earplugs via some FBI guys :p

622fa254c511ab21f2273dd7aaca4679.gif

j-wood

Do I need to rewatch the first two seasons before watching this tomorrow night? It's been forever and I really don't remember at all what happened.

Plum

I'm so ready for David Lynch to scare the shit out of me.

Eraserhead, MD and some parts of TP are still some of the films that have scared me the most. Most horror films don't phase me but there's something about Lynch's horror that does.

(No spoilers)
I've yet to watch Inland Empire and I call myself a Lynch fan. Too scared to, possibly.

Eraserhead, MD and some parts of TP are still some of the films that have scared me the most. Most horror films don't phase me but there's something about Lynch's horror that does.

(No spoilers)
I've yet to watch Inland Empire and I call myself a Lynch fan. Too scared to, possibly.

Inland certainly has some spooky stuff, but if you got through Eraserhead and MD you should be fine.

FWWM has probably stayed with me more than any other "horror" film in terms of overall impact. Well, that and ofc the Bob scenes in the series, particularly the slowed-down guttural noises during the
killing of Maddy.
That and his hoarse maniacal laugh after
snuffing out Windom Earle's soul get me every time.
This stuff has left some serious echoes in my psyche that few other pieces of horror can manage.

Eager to be traumatized all over again!

Wow, there's really no good option for watching streaming Showtime live. I originally did the Showtime add-on for Hulu, but saw today that you can only watch live on a desktop browser, and the quality is pretty horrible, like a 480p YouTube video. For comparison's sake I signed up for a trial on the standalone Showtime app on an Apple TV, and the streaming quality for live TV is even worse.

Guess I'll keep both trials active and see which one is better tonight. If there's no way to watch in decent quality live, maybe I'll just stick with the slightly cheaper Hulu addon subscription and wait to watch until it's available on demand (and I can't seem to find an answer on how long of a wait it'd be).

If you have Showtime via Hulu you can download Showtime Anytime and it's live stream has always been fine to me, and in HD.

bleaker

(No spoilers)

While I have yet to view all of Lynch's films, Mullholland Drive gave me lingering sense of existential dread that scared me far more than most horror films ever have.

Plum

For me it was what was behind the Diner and the lead up to that moment. Scarred for life.

I knew about it beforehand but even then it was shit scary. Its the most effective jump scare of all time hands down, nothing has topped it and nothing ever will.

I think the hobo looking like.something you might actually see in real life is the worst part. It's terrifying for the same reason Bob is.

Ashby

Wait, seriously? Lol, I always thought that was just Cooper being super quirky in his self noting by pretending to talk to someone.

There's still this childish part of my brain that wishes that they had played with the idea of whether Cooper was actually a FBI agent. Could have been fun for at least a while.

There's still this childish part of my brain that wishes that they had played with the idea of whether Cooper was actually a FBI agent. Could have been fun for at least a while.

Like what, be had just some random guy who heard about the murder and came up pretending to be a FBI agent. Oh my God, that would have been fucking hilarious

hydruxo

While I have yet to view all of Lynch's films, Mullholland Drive gave me lingering sense of existential dread that scared me far more than most horror films ever have.

Mulholland Drive is amazing, one of my favorite films ever. It gets better everytime you rewatch it IMO.

Ashby

Like what, be had just some random guy who heard about the murder and came up pretending to be a FBI agent. Oh my God, that would have been fucking hilarious

Before I watched Twin Peaks and just had a sort of cultural osmosis idea of the character that's the impression I somehow I ended up with: This weirdo impersonating a FBI agent who talks into a cassette recorder to a secretary named Diane that doesn't exist.

Why does it have to be on CraveTV? I don't want to subscribe to another service. :/
It's pretty much that way everywhere in the world.

Also to chime in on terror, Inland Empire is consistently scarier than his other work, I'd say. It's the one Lynch film I haven't been able to rewatch despite really enjoying it. His other films have dream logic, but this is the only true nightmare, all the way through, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom