• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twintelle playable in next round of ARMS Test Punch, due to demand

Poketune

They are the main Protagonists, if there is anything like that at least, so yes, they banked on them being the most pupular ones. Instead everyone plays MinMin, Ninjara and wants to play(with) Twintelle.

To be fair both Spring Man and Ribbon Girl look like they were put into that idol corner but Ribbon Girl at least is much more than just some doll. You feel her conviction and dedication when playing, she's no girl that takes the gift of having arms for granted. Ribbon Girl also looks to be more fun to hang around with than Twintelle or even Min Min. So yes, Waifu material right there :p

She's not real...

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah, I was very surprised to see that Ribbon Girl was my most played character in the test punch.
The Slapamander is too damn good imo.

Same for me, used her the most due to the Slapmander and how mobile she was.

I'm gonna second the suspicion that while booty thirst drives a lot of Twintelle's demand, ultimately she's a well designed, female PoC (and visibly so, not just passing like most characters of Japanese media) which has generated a lot of buzz vecause there's all sorts of angles from which to appreciate her. Result: A character with well above average popularity because a much wider pool of people than usual have found something they like in her.

Spot on.

Jackano

I don't know if she's supposed to be French, since a lot of her quips are French ("C'est parti!" "Au revoir!" "Attention!" "Femme fatale.") but there are some that are indecipherable.
She certainly has several voice actors, one for the english part at least ("Twintelle slap!" sounds a bit deeper), and the grunts.

One of her end animation sounds like a japanese person trying to pronounce a french word, ending up saying "tueutetanga", but maybe it's something in english? Anyone has a clue?

I discussed this on twitter will a couple fellow gaffers, I was able to point out two little other french things:
- The "elle" in her name (== "she")
- The red soles in her default color outfit, which is a specificity of a french creator named Louboutin who is well appreciated in Japan.

Busaiku

I like Twintelle because she has actual arms.
Mechanica does too, but then you have to deal with the dumb mech suit.

DrDogg

I've seen she benefits from baiting and punishing, but can she handle rushdown? If you were to get super close and punch would her time slowdown slow down enough for her to get out of the way?

She has more mobility than most characters by default. I don't really use the slow down very much and have no issues with rush down. In fact, I prefer to be closer to you since there are a number of Arms in the game that are less effective at close range (and therefore easier to punish).

Don't think so, don't believe her abilities work on charged attacks much like super armour

Her slow down ability works on everything except projectile attacks (dragon lasers). That includes charged attacks, grabs and even supers.

LotusHD

Banned
I like Twintelle because she has actual arms.
Mechanica does too, but then you have to deal with the dumb mech suit.

To be fair, they can coil their arms so that they basically look normal:

lx4aaKD.gif

DA8EfdRUwAA9wIP.jpg:orig

DAf3Q4LUwAEzYOI.jpg

Top Bottom