• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch going pay to win?

Algan

money-408881.gif

With the little detail that you will be spending your money so that someone else can make money.

Vaelka

money-408881.gif

With the little detail that you will be spending your money so that someone else can make money.

This gif is pretty damn true.

I mean look at the big sellers, I doubt most people would really say that they're that good but they sell a fuck ton because of big marketing budgets.
It's the same with movies too, it's not 100% but generally speaking big marketing budgets tend to win out because ultimately even tho there are other movies coming out that are genuinely amazing if no one knows about them no one is going to watch them.

junguler

Banned
doesn't effect me at all as i only go there to watch certain games and i usually look for a silent stream or at least one without a face cam, so i'm already digging thru a big list and choosing the one with the least "personality" on it.

VAVA Mk2

Can someone please make a good Twitch alternative that isn't Mixer, woke, and only streams gaming? Twitch is far from what it was 5 or 6 years ago.

Kdad

In that case if I was the streamer I would find a way to boost myself and use it as a business expense.
Exactly what happens in the music business now...

Just happened to watch this, this morning:

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Traditional ad revenue model: companies buy banners, product placement fees, and ad clips so consumers buy product

2021 ad revenue model: ask consumers to join companies and buy Twitch recommendations to help boost a streamer, which boosts their channel, which boosts corporate marketing fees

Innovation at its finest.

Do any of you have a favourite store? Don't forget to buy a newspaper ads or banner links on sites to recommend people to Buy Butt Plugs from your fav sex shop, then follow it up with a visit to a Roberta's Romanian Rub and Tug.

CitizenZ

Banned
As ref. I do not have nor ever had a Twitch account and have spent maybe :30 min total of my life on the site.

The other day I checked it out as sort of a ref. to all this hype around what i consider a tired franchise. Dont know if I was able to get the data or info I wanted, but what I can confirm is Twitch is a cancer and like the real one, no cure.

Top Bottom