• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Syf

Banned
Back in the Spearow field.

9KO0KOn.gif

Valnen

Damn, since this is completely automated they can easily leave this on 24/7. Dude's gonna have level 100 pokemon before he even makes it to Misty.

Boogiepop

It's so dumb, but I can't look away. This is amazing. Wonder how long it'll take them to truly escape this grass.
Edit: It's a shame the game's too old to have shinies, because that would make for an amazing occurrence here.

Velcro Fly

Most of the really hard stuff was probably accomplished when the amount of people in chat was low. I'd be shocked if they even make it through Mt. Moon with 2,000 people in the chat.

Imagine if they grind up high enough it would be able to solo the game with scratch. At least up until the Elite 4.

Orayn

They made it into the cave... Then went down all the ledges. There's some real progress being made, though.

Zabant

The dudes intentionally sabotaging by pressing start and going down must live some very satisfying lives.

Boogiepop

This is so oddly fascinating. I need to get to bed, but I think I'll see if they make it back in the cave or the grass first. Or they end up in the Pokemon center, I guess.

blamite

Wow, they got a Charmeleon, that means they had the discipline to not press the b button while it was evolving, right? Impressive.

Do you just tap B to stop evolution, or do you have to hold it? I thought you had to hold it but I could be totally misremembering.

The stream delay would make it impossible to cancel the evolution unless people were spamming B a battle or two prior to the level up.

Joni

Most of the really hard stuff was probably accomplished when the amount of people in chat was low. I'd be shocked if they even make it through Mt. Moon with 2,000 people in the chat.

Imagine if they grind up high enough it would be able to solo the game with scratch. At least up until the Elite 4.
You don' t even need to grind that much. I'm playing through SoulSilver at the moment and I'm at 6 badges with one trained Pokémon. I fought all Pokémon and trainers I encountered, but I haven't grinded. The only hard moment was Miltank. I did the same for FireRed with a Venosaur where I'm "stuck" at that ghost Elite Four with a level 100 Venosaur.

blamite

d[-_-]b;100757948 said:
Pretty sure it was a tap

Yeah, that's super impressive in that case.

Argh, this is like watching a really stupid little puppy walk along the side of a road, you know it's never going to get anywhere but all you can do is just kind of yell things it can't understand to try to keep it from running into traffic.

Zabant

There no chance in hell they're getting past using HM's there's like 5 commands that have to go off perfect AND they have to be in the right place WITH a pokemon that knows how to use with that has also learned it.

this-isnt-the-time-to-use-that.jpg

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Seems like the people trying to play the game right are able to outdo the trolls. Its tough though.
The stream warriors are handicapped by the delay, though. When you type in a command, there's 60 seconds worth of inputs to go through before yours has a chance of going through. For the stream monsters pressing start, it doesn't matter what's happening when their input is read. It'll always have the desired effect.

Boogiepop

And it's back in the Spearow grass. I'll check this in the morning, see if they've at least made it through the cave by the time I wake up.

Top Bottom