• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two New Sony PSPs On The Way?

Pimpwerx

So I might have to wait for Spring for a PS3, but I guess waiting for Spring for a PSP works fine as well. I'll wait to see what the pricing is like. I really like my girl's PSP. PEACE.

Ranger X said:
I'm not speaking about that. The home consoles that get refreshed after 5 years (read "after their generation is quite done") is perfect fine imo.
It's the quick redesigns Nintendo is doing with handhelds that i'm against. It's like 2 years between each. It's insane, let's have "generations" for handhelds too.

I don't think that's necessarily a Nintendo thing. The makers of pretty much any portable device (be it Nintendo, Apple, Motorola, or whoever) have to cope with the fact that because people carry those devices with them, it's automatically more of a fashion piece than homebound devices.

People care about how they'll look holding the thing in front of strangers and friends, and whether it makes sense or not, they care about one-upping other owners of the exact same device by showing off that they have the latest design, regardless of whether that design even includes any actual new features.

Ranger X said:
I'm not speaking about that. The home consoles that get refreshed after 5 years (read "after their generation is quite done") is perfect fine imo.
It's the quick redesigns Nintendo is doing with handhelds that i'm against. It's like 2 years between each. It's insane, let's have "generations" for handhelds too.

Didn't PSTwo come out in 2004?

sp0rsk said:
Why would a psp with a mini hard drive be less expensive than the current psp?

Because next time around Sony probably would like to sell more of them?

...if they really are coming out with a new PSP I am sure the current one will go the way of the DSfat.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
AdmiralViscen said:
Didn't PSTwo come out in 2004?

At the end of 2004, yes.

The quick hardware redesigns only happen with handhelds, Nintendo in particular, but that's only since the GBA was released. I think the Neo-Geo Pocket takes second place. (Neo-Geo Pocket -> Neo-Geo Pocket Color -> Neo-Geo Pocket Color revised [slightly better speaker and screen quality])

Deku

Banned
I don't understand the need for internal storage. It serves no purpose other than to inflate the price and fragment the market and probably anger consumers.

There's many other things that needs to be addressed, including form factor, size, the screen, and maybe the price.

Btw I think its just going to be new bundles or new colors.

IMHO, the only thing they really should do, is let people with newer firmware cache games on the memory stick, but just have a cd check or something on startup to avoid piracy. That thing would solve a lot of problems (loading times, battery life).

If there are problems with the sceen (I sure don't see any), they are presumably fixed (which is why I don't see any). Problems with controls are subjective - I think the D-pad on the DS Lite is far worse than the PSPs, but that doesn't seem to cause any problems on that.

Can somebody explain what the advantage of a built in hard drive is over a Pro Stick Duo? I like the fact that I can take pictures on my cybershot, then put the stick in my PSP and see larger versions, or load it up with music from a card reader. An HDD is a step backwards.

Top Bottom