• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Tribes [TokiTori] is closing down after 15 years.

wouwie

I bought Toki Tori 2 on PS4 a few weeks ago and judging by how few people posted in threads about the game, i felt i was the only one who bought it... Which is a shame because it is a lovely game. It was my first Two Tribes game and Rive will be my 2nd (and apparently last) one because it looks amazing and fun. It's a shame they won't be making any more games but in the end, they should do whatever makes them happy.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Two Tribes trivia: back in the early days of the iOS App Store, when Toki Tori was a fairly prominent game, Rovio asked Two Tribes to let them borrow the Toki Tori character in order to promote a little game of theirs called Angry Birds but Two Tribes declined their offer.

rjc571

Banned
RIP Two Tribes. Toki Tori 1 is still one of the best puzzle games ever. The later puzzles in that game are astonishingly brilliant.

Regiruler

This sucks. Two Tribes helped make Worms Open Warfare 2 the classic that it is, IMO.

To be honest, I had little interest in Toki Tori. I was probably part of the problem. I am looking forward to Rive though.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Two Tribes trivia: back in the early days of the iOS App Store, when Toki Tori was a fairly prominent game, Rovio asked Two Tribes to let them borrow the Toki Tori character in order to promote a little game of theirs called Angry Birds but Two Tribes declined their offer.
Wow.
Hindsight is a bitch.

Oneself

Well, I'm buying Rive. What if it becomes such a hit that they make full of money and continue on with a sequel. :p

jimboton

This is bullshit. So much bullshit. Toki Tori 2 is one of the best games ever. I blame the media for not covering the game at all at the time of release. Like, fucking Eurogamer didn't even review the thing :/

hawk2025

This is bittersweet, but Toki Tori 2 is getting an official, physical PS4 release in the US after all (it was a announced a little while back, but then disappeared) for only $19.99 on June 7th:

81I1i2GQ8SL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F24FUK8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

One last chance to support Two Tribes a bit :(

Paz

I wish there were store links in the video description or on their website, makes it difficult to act if you're excited by the trailer.

hawk2025

Rive is fantastic so far.

If they are going out, they are going out on top.

Incredibly polished, too, at least 6 missions in.

Toki Tori 2 really sank the company, it seems. They invested heavily in that title and it didn't sell to expectations. They updated it and released it on more platforms and still couldn't find success.

Were they expecting it to be the next Angry Birds? I own it on PC and its a fun game, and it got major releases everywhere. However, they should've made just one and released massive DLC content for it, and move to another IP.

I wish them the best of luck, they're great devs.

BasilZero

Wow :/

I love Toki Tori 1 on PC and did play the 2nd one but didnt like it as much.

Sad to see these guys go T_T

Top Bottom