• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

U.S. approves $1.15 billion sale of tanks & military equipment to Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.

RibMan

Shitty but try and imagine our economy without arms exports.

The United States is the world's third biggest exporter, yet exports account only for 13 percent of GDP. Main exports are: capital goods (39 percent of total exports) and industrial supplies (28 percent). Others include: consumer goods (12 percent); automotive vehicles, parts and engines (10.5 percent); foods, feeds and beverages (7 percent). Main exports partners are: Canada (19 percent of total exports), Mexico (14 percent), China (7 percent), Japan (4 percent), Germany (3 percent) and the United Kingdom (3 percent).

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/exports

We'll be fine without giving Saudi Arabia tools for murder.

Trickster

Sometimes it really is hard to try and follow how america works. I would think that somewhere, someone with the power to stop the deal would say "maybe let's not sell weapons to a regime murdering innocents by the thousands, thus giving the region yet more easy ways to hate us and want us dead". But nope, gotta sell them murder weapons.

Fiend

Sometimes it really is hard to try and follow how america works. I would think that somewhere, someone with the power to stop the deal would say "maybe let's not sell weapons to a regime murdering innocents by the thousands, thus giving the region yet more easy ways to hate us and want us dead". But nope, gotta sell them murder weapons.

Don't forget a regime with close ties to the 9/11 terrorists.

The difference how US treats Iran and Saudi Arabia is pretty much best example of extreme hypocrisy regarding how US claims to defend human rights across the globe. Saudis are worse of the two.

Cobra84

Russia will sell to anyone and France isn't exactly picky either. Might as well make some money off stuff they are going to get anyway.

Detox

Without the US, the Saudi intervention in Yemen will be grounded and many civilian lives will be saved. I don't know why more people in the US aren't pressuring their government to stop.

Condom

Russia will sell to anyone and France isn't exactly picky either. Might as well make some money off stuff they are going to get anyway.

This is as backwards as the 'criminals don't respect the law anyways so supply a gun to everyone'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom