• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Ubi Forward] Prince of Persia Sands of Time remake announced

Vawn

Banned
Why bother with a remake when it looks like it came out 10 years ago?

2340da_7771271.png

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Ok it's either Ubisoft don't have any confidence in the IP to give it a big budget or they're trying to not go too far with the redesigns.
Still probably be the best thing Ubisoft has released in ten years
For reference
Prince_of_persia_sands_of_time_review_banner-640x300.jpg

Last edited:

Gate Locker

Ok it's either Ubisoft don't have any confidence in the IP to give it a big budget or they're trying to not go too far with the redesigns.
Still probably be the best thing Ubisoft has released in ten years
For reference
Prince_of_persia_sands_of_time_review_banner-640x300.jpg
They are saving the money for their "AAAA" titles.

nikeboy94

As a big PoP fan, I am quite disappointed by this reveal.

... It sucks because I'm probably gonna get it anyway, but man..... f*************k these graphics.

Last edited:

linkroi

eeewww, why... i mean, i never did the original game but... i would have been glad to discover this "remake", but for fuck's sake, there's a lack of passion in this trailer. There is two options, Ubisoft they just don't care about POP anymore or it's a April fools' day prank way too early ahahah. I will certainly try the original someday, because it looks better than this.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It literally does look like a mobile game.

They should have really stayed away from showing cutscenes and just showed some solid platforming. Hopefully the gameplay is smooth at least.

Ozrimandias

Lol, Ubisoft it is not the studio that it used to be.....

Look, when they leak this Prince of Persia remake, who honestly, thought it will look like that.

SinDelta

This is like digging up a decomposing corpse, slapping some lipstick on it and saying "Good as New!"

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Here's a comparison. The new art style completely lacks the skill and subtlety of the original, and for some reason they've moved the save point to an illogical place, it's meant to be centered on the fountain.

cdgdBdgK_o.jpg
A perfect example of why art style matters much more than graphics.

Too bad this "remake" is lacking both.

Fbh

Here's a comparison. The new art style completely lacks the skill and subtlety of the original, and for some reason they've moved the save point to an illogical place, it's meant to be centered on the fountain.

cdgdBdgK_o.jpg

It's seriously took me a couple of seconds to figure out which one was supposed to be the remake.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The voices are wrong, the faces are wrong and graphics are so so.
Original is a masterpiece and it was extremely stunning at the time. Warrior Within still remains my fav of all time but we all know there is no hope they will remake it as it should be due to ASS
edit: Originals are super cheap on steam now. Grab em

Last edited:
Top Bottom