• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 2015 Press Conference Thread

What do you want from "Hero"?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AHA-Lambda

Or maybe someone that isn't awkward as shit. It maddens me because, Aisha is a strong woman in a male dominated industry but, shes just so terrible at being funny. I feel like I'm missing the punchline, that ezio joke was just fucking bad.

This, she herself is not bad, I like her in Archer alot but in this format, she comes across terribly, and her jokes stick out like a sore thumb and are incredibly cringe worthy.

Fucking shit girlwood meme feels all in yo bones!

Eugh.

markao

7.5/10 Aishas

Typical Ubisoft with extreme highs (for me South Park) and cringe worthy lows, held together by Aisha's presentation. Bit done with all the mass multi stuff

Some of you guys have really weird expectations for Press Conferences.

The only one I would consider bad was EA. Ubisoft was Great...Bethesda was Great, Microsoft was pretty good as well.

Way to high of expectations.

kyo2004

E3 2015 so far by kyo2004

Bethesda: A
Microsoft: B+
EA: D-
Ubisoft: B-
SCEA: TBA
Nintendo: (NWC: A+, Digital Event + Treehouse: TBA)
Square: TBA
PC Gamer: TBA

sn00zer

Bethesda: A- (kinda a wash outside of Fallout and DOOM)
Ubi: A- (its about as good as an Ubi conf will ever get given their games)
EA: C (had 15 amaing minutes and nothing outside of that)
MS: B (pretty standard MS conference, a step down from last year)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Don't blame me, blame Tom Clancy. Apparently he wrote a lot of generic shooter things during his life.

At least Ubisoft didnt turn all of them into generic games, even though it can sure look like it. The old Splinter Cell-games were amazing, and Chaos Theory is among the best ever and far from generic (even though the story still kinda is).

Ubisoft presents Tom Clancy's Ubisoft.

I will probably play one of those games, and skip the rest. There's just too much damn overlap with their games. Ghost Recon looks like it could be the most comprehensive of their's

I'd rate them like this so far:

Bethesda: B+
Microsoft: B-
Ubisoft: C
EA: D

Which isn't so bad, considering Sony, Nintendo and Square-Enix are the ones I was most looking forward to.

BC was huge i think, and the hololense was pretty amazing. Todd Howard did say that they want to bring mods to PS4 too, so that's that. But overall i think they pretty much delivered what the fans wanted right?

George Broussard has basically said that what we saw of Hololens was a sham. What we saw on screen is not what the guy wearing hololens saw. He saw a much narrower FOV.

rocK`

Banned
Bethesda: F

Well_e9bfc0_5436149.png

Tenebrous

Bethesda the worst? I don't see how this asgrerf dfdb

Bethesda Game Studios suck, so no interest in Fallout. Dishonored I didn't enjoy, and I'm not getting excited for a hype trailer. DOOM looks like a console shooter... What else was there? Oh yeah, TES:O... No. Hearthstone!

Their presentation was also weaker than any of the conferences today.

This, she herself is not bad, I like her in Archer alot but in this format, she comes across terribly, and her jokes stick out like a sore thumb and are incredibly cringe worthy.

Fucking shit girlwood meme feels all in yo bones!

Eugh.

It's not that bad, man, but some people just can't help but cringe incessantly at the slightest bit of awkwardness.

Riposte

People really rate Bethesda high, I assume it's solely on the strength of 2 or 3 games (Fallout, Dishonored (CG trailer), and maybe Doom, which looked more promising in multiplayer than single, although not terrible). The only other games, not counting remasters, were Elder Scrolls Online and the really bad looking Battlecry.

Ubisoft presents Tom Clancy's Ubisoft.

I will probably play one of those games, and skip the rest. There's just too much damn overlap with their games. Ghost Recon looks like it could be the most comprehensive of their's

I'd rate them like this so far:

Bethesda: B-
Microsoft: B-
Ubisoft: C
EA: D

Which isn't so bad, considering Sony, Nintendo and Square-Enix are the ones I was most looking forward to.

Those are my thoughts and rating as well, although I would rank Bethesda a bit lower personally as only Fallout 4 was of interest to me.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Time for the ratings:

Bethesda: C
Microsoft: C
EA: E
Ubisoft: B

And the Nintendo World Championship: A++

I really don't see how Bethesda was significantly better than any one of these mostly underwhelming conferences, I'd put them all on the same mediocre level with EA being rock bottom.

Bethesda: 5/10
Microsoft: 5/10
EA: 4/10
Ubisoft: 5/10

Meh to kinda fine conferences so far, no surprises, no new IPs, more games that look and play the same. Also no new UbiArt game, and BG&E2, where are you....

Too samey. I feel like they're going to be eating their own lunch with so many games sharing a similar style and also being open world. Why would I dump tons of hours into - for instance - The Division when I could also play Ghost Recon Wildlands, or the new Rainbow Six? I get it. These games are not identical, but it does feel very samey. And then Yet Another AC Game rounds out the open-world offerings? Seems like too much.

Good on them to make another South Park RPG, though.

AdanVC

Xenoblade can't get any worse looking. Those faces are meh level already.

Environments in Xenoblade X are looking excellent tho... But yeah the faces on the characters are just ugh... It's like they hired a random 14 year kid from deviant art on the fanart anime section to be the character artist on this game.

You're telling Square not to use CGI trailers?

True... But at least their CGI trailers are genuinely beautiful. Especially their characters and those crazy haircuts.

Tenebrous

Meh to kinda fine conferences so far, no surprises, no new IPs, more games that look and play the same. Also no new UbiArt game, and BG&E2, where are you....

I was really surprised by this, especially after the success of Valiant Hearts & Child of Light.

-duskdoll-

ya I agree it was preaching to the converted , but I am not sure that's all MS was aiming for, I'm not sure how many new fans they garnered today....

also I missed the holo presentation so sorry I didn't include that...

BC though is a big maybe imo... list is very small and "approval of devs" could mean anything I mean look at shareplay for playstation, half of them won't even approve that.

Also it's pretty late for BC i think, I'm sure people will use it but I wouldn't go back to 5 year old games personally. better to do that on pc if at all.

Well they did impress me and i'm not an MS fan, so that's something. I think BC will make it easier for people to transition to the current gen, but yeah they need to approve more games for it to matter.

AHA-Lambda

Actually bugger it, thinking on it, for as much as EA was filled to the brim with sports and was poorly paced, it had more interesting games (to me anyway), so I do think Ubi was the worst.

Bethesda 8/10
MS 7/10
Ubi 3/10
EA 4/10

Ubisoft - A weak conference, but better in the shadow of EA's disaster.
+For Honor seems interesting. Some innovation at play in the sword combat
+Trackmania looks very neat.
+Despite the constant lies, their closer game seemed kind of impressive.
-Siege is just kind of boring to watch
-MEEEEEEEMEEEES
-Even Ubisoft is over Assassin's Creed
-No Beyond Good & Evil 2. Ubisoft will always lose a point for this until they make it right.
-Dancing.

C-. Weak. Could've been weaker, though.

Fbh

Ubisoft's IPs are getting so damn homogenized. You could randomly jumble around the titles of half of the games they showed and no one would even notice.

That's only really true for the Tom Clancy games. The new Rainbow Six in particular looked like "The Division: Mexico"

But the other reveals? One is a South Park title, there is a medieval melee focused online game and a racer about crazy tracks

Dinjooh

Sounds about right for me as well.

Had no expectations to these conferences and somehow I still walked away dissapointed, odd.

Trackmania did look rad though.

MrPanic

Ratings everywhere!

Nintendo World Championship - 9,
Bethesda 8.5,
Microsoft 7.5,
EA 6,
Ubisoft 7.

Fun e3 so far. Ubisoft could've used a bit more variety in games and a singer that can actually sing live.

Top Bottom