• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 Press Conference Thread 2016 I #UbiE3

Ubisoft

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pandy

If having the fewest games was a recipe for winning, the WiiU would be dominating this gen.
It has been in my house.

That final sendoff from Yves really left me feeling weird. The compilation of Ubi games over the years, bringing all devs on stage, it felt like he was saying goodbye or something.
Responded to your earlier comment in the thread. Definitely thought so too. I felt quite sad. :(

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Watching this now, and For Honor looks like a Musou-game. Looked so cool last year, but my hope was completely smashed by the gameplay this year :(

ryseing

Watching this now, and For Honor looks like a Musou-game. Looked so cool last year, but my hope was completely smashed by the gameplay this year :(

It's always been musou like with the smaller enemies. The 1v1 stuff comes in with the officers or what have you.

Fbh

Normal enemies looked exactly the same last year.

The battles themselves probably also looked a bit more exciting because it was PVP. Also, this was probably being played on easy or normal

Shaanyboi

Banned
South Park was such a fucking disappointment, only because they kept fucking relying on that lame shitty joke again and again and again.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just Dance 2017: Given that no remaining consoles have motion controls, I'm not exactly sure how these are still selling. They appear to have gone wayyyy into the deep end of psychadelia, hahaah.

Wildlands: The nonsense premise of a narco-state is vaguely interesting, and gameplay looked pretty much like standard Ghost Recon stuff. Demo went on forever.

South Park: I don't really think the joke of the initial trailer landed. The gameplay footage looked pretty good. I'm not really a South Park fan but you can tell this game is really well made for the audience. Trey and Matt seem even less engaged than normal ahaha.

The Division DLC: This didn't really seem like it added much to the game. The game itself is interesting in that it got very positive feedback at launch but seems to have died out. So I think it has a longevity problem, and my sense is that the people who got burned out on it aren't looking for more, so I'm not sure it will get people back.

Eagle Flight: Really awesome, maybe the most game-y VR game I've seen yet. I noticed no one in the multiplayer match hit any walls, so I'm wondering if the game has some sort of auto-steering assist mechanic. VR walls and clipping can be really overwhelming when you have the headset on. But the visuals are excellent, the setting is great, and I can't wait to see more.

Star Trek: Heh, this is interesting. The enthusiasm seems very genuine, but if you look at what actually happens it seems to mostly be pushing buttons on a menu in pretty rote manner. So I think this might be one of those games where the game itself is actually pretty shallow and dull but the MANNER in which you play it really enhances it. Sorta like Telltale Games in a way--if you just map out the plots in a flowchart Telltale games are pretty boring and you don't choose very much, but while you're playing you feel very engrossed.

For Honor: Another Full Jason Experience. The game sounds pretty dumb and I don't think the gameplay looks like much. I don't much like the combat in AC and this was sort of Musou -> AC. The plot sounds really stupid. It does look pretty nice, though, and I suspect online will be fun, but I think if I was going to play something like this I'd prefer Chivalry.

Grow Up: We don't get much from this trailer, but what I played of Grow Home was fun and I like Bud. Hope this is also a DRM-free sold-everywhere game like the first one rather than a Uplay-locked thing.

Trials of the Blood Dragon: Hahaha this is nuts. At first I thought it was just a themed Trials expansion but then they showed all the non-bike gameplay. What on earth.

Watch_Dogs 2: They really do seem to have an aesthetic. Gameplay looks more like Goofy GTA meets Just Cause. Parkour seems pretty smooth. I think you could make cool Hitman-ish level design that has a lot of puzzle elements if you wanted to. Not sure I'd play it.

AC Movie: Skipped the whole segment,

Steep: This looks really really good. Visuals are excellent, seems like there's a good variety of things you can do. I'm not sure there's a major end-of-conference megaton demand for an extreme sports mountain game, but this looks like a great entry in the genre, as good or better than the last SSX for sure.

Overall, I thought the conference went on too long compared to the others, with lots of talking and demos rather than concise trailers. There's also not very much I'm personally going to play. Aisha Tyler was very genial as always, it continues to be a good choice having her back to host. The LeVar Burton segment seemed really cool. I think by Ubisoft standards it didn't have Pele talking for 80 minutes so they've definitely done worse. Conference seems like maybe a 4/10 to me.

Top Bottom